🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why mainstream media websites are censoring & removing comment sections

Not my paper. There are strict rules for editorials, and the comments sections in their on-line site are probably cleaned regularly. But I know they publish differing opinions because I see them every day. Most papers probably do the same. That is what we're talking about, right?
Do you see the ones they censor and why......One of reasons I dropped mine.....That and fact it didn't take more than five minutes to see there was nothing to see, even the Sunday edition.
I'll agree with you on that--the paper used to be a long, luxurious read. Not so much anymore. But the local is still necessary here, since it keeps us up to date on our deranged Governor and other state news.
Having civil discourse is appropriate on an MSM news website, I think. It is a place kids and old folks and everyone feels comfortable going for information. It shouldn't be offensive. You seem to be hinting that only conservative viewpoints are being removed. I don't know because I don't get my newspaper on line and I don't use any other social media but here. I have seen comment sections attached to articles from links put up here and our paper also publishes some of their e-mail comments on certain editorial topics, so I generally know what you mean.

If you are accusing the MSM of removing comments it just doesn't agree with, show me a few, so I'll know what you're talking about.
Nobody said it should be offensive....provide you removed comments??? I can get the local blurb on info from goog newstand.....and a new site started by MN beauty queen who does hell of a job finding major stories you dont find in the paper. I suggest current members of news mdia go back and look at papers from the 50'S thru 80'S and compare with todays. Writers are the life blood, you dont have them you wont have readers. News - Alpha News
You told me you cancelled your membership because of the comments being removed, so I guessed you knew what some of them were about. You don't?
how do you retrieve removed comments eh,,,,,,,,you could see it in real time, there....and then not there
Well, duh. Can you TELL me about some of the removed comments you noticed were gone?

Do you see the ones they censor and why......One of reasons I dropped mine.....That and fact it didn't take more than five minutes to see there was nothing to see, even the Sunday edition.
I'll agree with you on that--the paper used to be a long, luxurious read. Not so much anymore. But the local is still necessary here, since it keeps us up to date on our deranged Governor and other state news.
Having civil discourse is appropriate on an MSM news website, I think. It is a place kids and old folks and everyone feels comfortable going for information. It shouldn't be offensive. You seem to be hinting that only conservative viewpoints are being removed. I don't know because I don't get my newspaper on line and I don't use any other social media but here. I have seen comment sections attached to articles from links put up here and our paper also publishes some of their e-mail comments on certain editorial topics, so I generally know what you mean.

If you are accusing the MSM of removing comments it just doesn't agree with, show me a few, so I'll know what you're talking about.
Nobody said it should be offensive....provide you removed comments??? I can get the local blurb on info from goog newstand.....and a new site started by MN beauty queen who does hell of a job finding major stories you dont find in the paper. I suggest current members of news mdia go back and look at papers from the 50'S thru 80'S and compare with todays. Writers are the life blood, you dont have them you wont have readers. News - Alpha News
You told me you cancelled your membership because of the comments being removed, so I guessed you knew what some of them were about. You don't?
how do you retrieve removed comments eh,,,,,,,,you could see it in real time, there....and then not there
Well, duh. Can you TELL me about some of the removed comments you noticed were gone?
Been 2=3 yrs since I dropped it. I'm not obsessive enough to have written em down for future reference in case some asked for em

Been 2=3 yrs since I dropped it. I'm not obsessive enough to have written em down for future reference in case some asked for em
Okey dokey then.
I'm going to chalk this up to yet another right wing conspiracy theory until someone shows or tells me what "fair and balanced" conservative viewpoints are being removed from anyone's website. I'd betcha if they're not offensive ad hominems, they're racist.

Okey dokey then.
I'm going to chalk this up to yet another right wing conspiracy theory until someone shows or tells me what "fair and balanced" conservative viewpoints are being removed from anyone's website. I'd betcha if they're not offensive ad hominems, they're racist.
ABC News permanently banned me because I apparently was a racist for saying I didn't like Obama and he was a terrible president for arming and training terrorists. No shit.
It happens all the time. Conservative places do it too. Its everywhere OL.
I got banned from a conservative forum for not admitting I was a liberal because I said Kim Davis broke her oath and should resign.

Okey dokey then.
You do that...remain cocooned in your ignorance because someone cant comply with an idiotic request

Okey dokey then.

Or become the victim of MSM brainwashing lmao.

This Is A Quote From Saul Alinsky A Man Who Inspired Former President Obama.

"The Community Organizer's job is to inseminate an invitation for himself, to agitate, introduce ideas, GET PEOPLE PREGNANT WITH HOPE AND A DESIRE FOR CHANGE and to identify you as the only person most qualified for this purpose"

Okey dokey then.
ABC News permanently banned me because I apparently was a racist for saying I didn't like Obama and he was a terrible president for arming and training terrorists. No shit.
I got banned from a conservative forum for not admitting I was a liberal because I said Kim Davis broke her oath and should resign.
I have a feeling ABC News might have a somewhat different spin on whatever post you made. It's REALLY easy to mistake you for a racist.
As for the other forum you were on--what a boring loser of a forum!
As for MSM curtailing dissenting opinions in their comment sections: I know the papers I'm familiar with wouldn't do it unless it was something offensively put or hate speech. I know, I know, you don't think hate speech should be curtailed, but it doesn't have a place in PG rated newspapers.

News that Google has developed a new AI system that “identifies abusive comments” to clamp down on “hate speech” reminds us why mainstream media websites are censoring and removing comment sections altogether – because studies show they have more influence over the opinion of the reader than the article itself.
Why Mainstream Media Websites Are Censoring & Removing Comment Sections

Readers influenced more by comment section than the article itself

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

& that's why you see trolls on here who you could swear are that stupid or they are troll purposely keeping the weak minded stranded in the indoctrinated thoughts of whatever.
Whatever is wrong with this nation most of these severely demented are trolls. But, wait we do have some who are totally that out of it. After all look at the ANTIFA protesters.

But even they are Soro's paid goons............so you see those in control are covering all angles from all directions.

more conspiracy lunacy. :cuckoo:

Okey dokey then.
You do that...remain cocooned in your ignorance because someone cant comply with an idiotic request
Fortunately, other posters know a bit more of what they speak.

Okey dokey then.
I have a feeling ABC News might have a somewhat different spin on whatever post you made. It's REALLY easy to mistake you for a racist.
As for MSM curtailing dissenting opinions in their comment sections: I know the papers I'm familiar with wouldn't do it unless it was something offensively put or hate speech. I know, I know, you don't think hate speech should be curtailed, but it doesn't have a place in PG rated newspapers.
IKR? Who couldn't realize racism is not wanting your president to arm and train terrorists?
I enjoyed how you try and justify ABC and shut down the conservative site. Lol, well played.

Okey dokey then.
IKR? Who couldn't realize racism is not wanting your president to arm and train terrorists?
I enjoyed how you try and justify ABC and shut down the conservative site. Lol, well played.
It's because I'm a bigot.
And I'm still thinking there's two sides to that other story.

Okey dokey then.
Apparently, a major one. You cant even open your mind enough to realize the left is just as close minded as the right :D

OldLady it doesn't happen often, but sometimes, you sound like some of the loony leftists on here. I still love you though :)

Okey dokey then.
Apparently, a major one. You cant even open your mind enough to realize the left is just as close minded as the right :D
Look, follow me here as to my thinking on your ABC story.
First, there is nothing racist about saying Obama funds and trains terrorists. It may be somewhat Dale Smith-ish, but it's not racist. So why the F**K would they say it was? So excuse me for thinking that, knowing what your posts are like and how you get haw haw haw-ing with racists and agreeing with their funnies and etc. etc., there might have been another reason they thought you were racist. Or they just kicked you out for being a nutcase. But if they kicked you out for being a racist and that's all you said, I'll beat them up for you.

Okey dokey then.
No actually I'm very aware of it. I just would be disillusioned and disheartened to learn that ABC is as close minded and anti-free speech as a private political forum like the one you got kicked out of. It's not so much about left/right as you think--I do think more of the MSM than you do, though.

First, there is nothing racist about saying Obama funds and trains terrorists. It may be somewhat Dale Smith-ish, but it's not racist. So why the F**K would they say it was? So excuse me for thinking that, knowing what your posts are like and how you get haw haw haw-ing with racists and agreeing with their funnies and etc. etc., there might have been another reason they thought you were racist. Or they just kicked you out for being a nutcase. But if they kicked you out for being a racist and that's all you said, I'll beat them up for you.
DUDE, we have been arming and training terrorists since Jimmy Carter. Obama has been arming and training AQ in Syria for years. It isn't "dale smith-ish" it is cold hard FACTS.
I slam racists all the time on here. You are really talking out of your ass in this thread. It isn't like you.

No actually I'm very aware of it. I just would be disillusioned and disheartened to learn that ABC is as close minded and anti-free speech as a private political forum like the one you got kicked out of. It's not so much about left/right as you think--I do think more of the MSM than you do, though.
Maybe so. I don't appreciate lies and bullshit partisan spin. :dunno:

DUDE, we have been arming and training terrorists since Jimmy Carter. Obama has been arming and training AQ in Syria for years. It isn't "dale smith-ish" it is cold hard FACTS.
I slam racists all the time on here. You are really talking out of your ass in this thread. It isn't like you.
You know what you mean, but sometimes that isn't clear to others. I haven't had a personality transplant, but I am obviously pissing you off, so I'm gonna quit now.
Just for the record, what Clinton through Obama were arming and training were what we call "rebels" or "insurgents" because they were fighting the same terrorists we were in that particular battle. You know that, so when you call them "terrorists" (which granted is what Assad calls them) it is kinda using "spin" on your part, isn't it?

Forum List

Back