🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Not 14, Democrats? Why Not 12?

Sensible. 16 yos can drive yet don't currently have any voter-say in driving-related laws affecting them. And since education is a bit of a thing in politics, and minors are the ones most directly affected by such politics, they should have a say in those political discussions.

They are not mature enough for this. I somewhat agree with the OP. Raise the age a few years. Our voters are fuckin stupid enough.

Sensible. 16 yos can drive yet don't currently have any voter-say in driving-related laws affecting them. And since education is a bit of a thing in politics, and minors are the ones most directly affected by such politics, they should have a say in those political discussions.
You are so weird

You are so weird

"A dream to some, a nightmare to others!"

Merlin, "Excalibur" :)

The onliest reason why 18-year-olds have the vote now is because during the Vietnam "war," we had the perverse situation that a boy could be fighting for his country, risking imminent death every day, and yet not entitled to vote.

NOBODY thought (or thinks) that 18-year-olds have sufficient life experience, education, or maturity to cast responsible votes. And of course most 18-21 year-olds don't vote, for exactly those reasons.

But there is no chance to roll back that decision, even though the reasons for it have basically gone away, because it would piss some people off for no good reason, and because a large part of the Democrat political strategy is to pursue the votes of people who are too stupid, uneducated, or immature to understand the issues (e.g., the Minimum Wage).

Giving the vote to people under 18 is pure folly.

Your claim that 16 year olds can actually drive is the funniest thing I've heard all day. Keep those jokes coming

How about we mix it up? Like you can only vote at ages 20, 26, 33, 39, 42, and 50! Let's get crazy!

I have 2 grandchildren voting for the first time next year.

Fortunately, they will cancel each others votes.

But currently, they know little about the issues, and will be parroting their parents.

I'd rather children not be allowed to vote til they've been on their own for at least 5 years.

(25 or above)

Your grandkids pulled the wool over your eyes years ago. You just haven't noticed yet.

What's the big deal? The D Party needs more uninformed easily duped voters...as such let's lower the voting age, allow felons and illegals the vote...why not let the whole world vote for POTUS???

Seems only fair to the liberal minded. I mean everyone knows the POTUS should always be a D, because they are smarter.o_O:confused:;)

I have 2 grandchildren voting for the first time next year.

Fortunately, they will cancel each others votes.

But currently, they know little about the issues, and will be parroting their parents.

I'd rather children not be allowed to vote til they've been on their own for at least 5 years.

(25 or above)

Your grandkids pulled the wool over your eyes years ago. You just haven't noticed yet.

???

What's the big deal? The D Party needs more uninformed easily duped voters...as such let's lower the voting age, allow felons and illegals the vote...why not let the whole world vote for POTUS???

Seems only fair to the liberal minded. I mean everyone knows the POTUS should always be a D, because they are smarter.o_O:confused:;)

Yeah sure dude, give up in a really big way. That's the only way to do it. For idiots like you. Just saying.

Forum List

Back