Why Obama will be dead weight for Democrats in 2014

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By Rick Moran
03/11/2013

Good article by Alex Isenstadt in Politico on why Democrats will try to distance themselves from President Obama in 2014.

Almost all the competitive House races are in GOP-leaning districts where Obama's name and agenda are not very popular:

To net 17 seats and flip the chamber, Democrats have to win predominantly on GOP turf, in districts that Mitt Romney won and where Obama and his agenda are unpopular. A number of Democrats made clear in interviews that the more partisan posture Obama has adopted over the past few months -- particularly on cultural issues like gun control, and to a lesser extent on immigration and gay marriage -- is making an uphill slog that much steeper.

"I think the tone coming out of the White House ... could probably be more conciliatory," said Jim Graves, a Minnesota Democrat who nearly knocked off Rep. Michele Bachmann last year in a suburban Twin Cities district where Obama barely eclipsed 40 percent.

Graves, who's girding for a rematch against Bachmann next year, added, "There's no question -- Obama has taken a fairly liberal tack in his second term. But I'm not here for the president. I'm here for the people of the 6th Congressional District."

Just imagine how toxic Obama will be once Obamacare is implemented.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Blog: Why Obama will be dead weight for Democrats in 2014

Why Obama will be dead weight for Democrats in 2014

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

529.gif
528.gif