Why should a nation with open borders and the 14th Amendment have any type of welfare mandate?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Is that fair to those funding the nation? When our framers said “general welfare” I’m pretty sure they weren’t talking about the “general welfare” of Mexico’s citizens.
This is another one of those topics that nutless Republicans must have the courage to talk about out loud.
It’s time to discuss new legislation and involving SCOTUS on this one.

We had open borders at the time of our founders, near everyone was welcomed to become citizens

Even our first president per the constitution, did not have to be a Natural Born American citizen, he could be a Naturalized citizen... one born in another country.

Is that fair to those funding the nation? When our framers said “general welfare” I’m pretty sure they weren’t talking about the “general welfare” of Mexico’s citizens.
This is another one of those topics that nutless Republicans must have the courage to talk about out loud.
It’s time to discuss new legislation and involving SCOTUS on this one.
Democrats used to throw welfare at blacks, but since they are losing them , they hope to buy off illegal Hispanics.

Even our first president per the constitution, did not have to be a Natural Born American citizen, he could be a Naturalized citizen... one born in another country.
That's when we did not have human bags of shit sneaking over the border.

T
We had open borders at the time of our founders, near everyone was welcomed to become citizens

Negative
Read the Naturalization Act Of 1790
Naturalization Act of 1790 - Wikipedia
Also, remember, there was no welfare mandate until the 30’s

They are not eligible for cash Welfare, TANF.

And the Naturalization act of 1790 allowed anyone to become citizens if they were white, and lived here for 2 years, 1 year at least in the State they are applying for citizenship.

No one stopped them at the border, that's called opened borders, I believe? It did not stop anyone from coming here to live, it stopped blacks and Indians etc from becoming citizens, which was deemed unconstitutional over the years.

And I am not calling for open borders now.... just saying that the founders had open borders for people to come here during their time, because they needed people here, to colonize and eventually tame the west...

Forum List

Back