Why should the Feds subsidize state taxes?

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
House Tax Writer Gives Ground on a State and Local Tax Break

Why don't people in shitholes like new yuck just demand the state stops stealing their shit? They should not be getting federal tax credit because their states steal so much from them. This is a bullshit "compromise" and I hope it can be followed up on when the democrooks lose a few more seats in 2018 and some republicrats seats get taken by some actual opposition to regressive nanny statist policy.

1. Limit deductions for State taxes to be more fair to all states
2. Fix the entitlements, add a year to SS (dead 2037) retirement ages, and fix Medicare (dead 2028).
3. Keep the death tax
4. Keep the same tax rate for the top 10%
5. Cut corporate tax rate to 20% (or they leave and take good jobs with them)
6. Add a small border adjustment tax to pay for the tax cuts

Why don't people in shitholes like new yuck just demand the state stops stealing their shit? They should not be getting federal tax credit because their states steal so much from them. This is a bullshit "compromise" and I hope it can be followed up on when the democrooks lose a few more seats in 2018 and some republicrats seats get taken by some actual opposition to regressive nanny statist policy.
Why should I be taxed twice on the same income

The money I pay to the state, I never see
Why should the federal government tax me on income the state took?

Why should the feds subsidize any corporate endeavour? They are stealing taxpayer's monies.....

Wouldn't consider State or Local government to be even close to corporation. Last time I checked corporations try to make money, government tries to waste money.

Why should the feds subsidize any corporate endeavour? They are stealing taxpayer's monies.....

Wouldn't consider State or Local government to be even close to corporation. Last time I checked corporations try to make money, government tries to waste money.
Yes the GOP and Trump are wasting money...Yet local trax sharing does help pay the bills and pave the streets...

Yes the GOP and Trump are wasting money...Yet local trax sharing does help pay the bills and pave the streets...

Not exactly the brightest bulb in the package are you.

Why should I be taxed twice on the same income

The money I pay to the state, I never see
Why should the federal government tax me on income the state took?

State taxes are state taxes and Federal taxes are Federal taxes, and they are based on "income" separately, then there are property taxes and state sales taxes and tax on gas, and excise taxes and taxes on TV and taxes on everything else, get it??

2. Fix the entitlements, add a year to SS (dead 2037) retirement ages, and fix Medicare (dead 2028).
3. Keep the death tax

#2. Some jobs wear people out at younger age like age 55-60 for many. Why should GOVT retire at 55? 50? But a truck driver work to 67? hips blown out, headaches, eyes, strength gone. You want more? Let the workers/doctors decide when it is enough.

#3. Preposterous. double taxation.

How is a tax break on property taxes a "federal subsidy"? Not everyone in New York State lives in the City. Property tax breaks would stimulate the economy in a dozen ways.

Not exactly the brightest bulb in the package are you.
My smarts have nothing to do with politicians wasting tax dollars...

How is a tax break on property taxes a "federal subsidy"? Not everyone in New York State lives in the City. Property tax breaks would stimulate the economy in a dozen ways.
I'm from a low tax state, we pay our way with no frills. Why should high tax states not pay their fair share of Federal taxes? Eliminate the tax deduction, we need to fund the Federal government fairly across all of the States. A compromise could be to limit the deduction.

Why do the Feds subsidize having kids or owning a house? Why should someone get Fed Tax credit because they have a mortgage or have kids? None of this stuff is things the tax code should care about

3. Keep the death tax

#2. Some jobs wear people out at younger age like age 55-60 for many.
Why should GOVT retire at 55 or 50, but a truck driver work to 67? hips blown out, headaches, eyes, strength gone.
You want more? Let the workers/doctors decide when it is enough. Its called "disability" if needed, make SS 63 & 67

#3. Preposterous. double taxation. Single taxation, you pay tax, then die, (taxed once), kids inherit windfall income, pay tax once.

It's not all that much really.

If you make 40K a year, and pay 2K to your state taxes, you still have to pay that 2K, it's just that you don't have to pay federal taxes on that money when you earned it. It's kind of like paying it with pre-tax money.

3. Keep the death tax

#2. Some jobs wear people out at younger age like age 55-60 for many. Why should GOVT retire at 55? 50? But a truck driver work to 67? hips blown out, headaches, eyes, strength gone. You want more? Let the workers/doctors decide when it is enough.

Everything is double taxed. And then some . They only way to avoid that is to have just one tax.

3. Keep the death tax

#2. Some jobs wear people out at younger age like age 55-60 for many.
Why should GOVT retire at 55 or 50, but a truck driver work to 67? hips blown out, headaches, eyes, strength gone.
You want more? Let the workers/doctors decide when it is enough. Its called "disability" if needed, make SS 63 & 67

#3. Preposterous. double taxation. Single taxation, you pay tax, then die, (taxed once), kids inherit windfall income, pay tax once.

It is not easy to get SSDI. If you can walk, use arms/legs, drive, see, hear........they will deny most cases. Those people with aches/pains are supposed to plow along like good soldiers. it can take years to get SSDI....which technically is your own money paid in.

Death tax hits small business inherited very hard.

3. Keep the death tax

Everything is double taxed. And then some . They only way to avoid that is to have just one tax.
I agree with this. The State in which you live should be the only tax authority. Then, each state should pay a 5% tithe to the Federal government for such things as Defense, Border Security, and commerce in the form of transportation between the states on highways and waterways.

All other monies are to remain in the States in which they are earned, except, of course, interstate commerce.

Forum List

Back