Why Shouldn't Police Be Allowed To Kill Suspects Who Don't Comply?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Louisiana state troopers were captured on body camera video stunning, punching and dragging a Black man as he apologized for leading them on a high-speed chase -- footage of the man’s last moments alive that The Associated Press obtained after authorities refused to release it for two years.

Troopers initially told Greene’s family he died on impact after crashing into a tree during the chase. Only now in the footage obtained by the AP from one trooper's body camera can the public see for the first time some of what happened during the arrest. State Police brass initially argued the troopers’ use of force was justified —
“awful but lawful,” as ranking officials described it — and did not open an administrative investigation until 474 days after Greene’s death."

Yea, I know it may look bad for the police to repeatedly lie and file false reports; but none of this would have ever been known about if it wasn't for some meddling emergency room doctor noticing the dead guy still had the taser prongs stuck in his back -- after being told he died from a car crash. But the only person to blame for this is Green himself; he shouldn't have fled and took police on a high-speed chase..and for what? a traffic violation?

The question still remains however; why shouldn't cops be allowed to kill suspects who try to run away or don't follow police orders?? If the police tells you to stop, you stop...if you don't, you die...that simple....Now because of this; the lives of at least 2 officers have been destroyed. The officer who was bragging about choking and beating Mr. Greene and making him spit blood everywhere; that guy was fired for his involvement in this case; and later died hours after finding out he was fired (due to a single vehicle highway crash with karma). The other officer was later arrested for his connection to another police beating -- but as I said; none of this would have happened if we simply made it perfectly legal for cops to kill whoever tries to flee from police or doesn't comply with their orders.

Troopers initially told Greene’s family he died on impact after crashing into a tree during the chase.

Why shouldn't police officers who lie be fired?

Now the answer to your question is because we do not hire the police to be judge, jury and executioners.

"Louisiana state troopers were captured on body camera video stunning, punching and dragging a Black man as he apologized for leading them on a high-speed chase -- footage of the man’s last moments alive that The Associated Press obtained after authorities refused to release it for two years.

Troopers initially told Greene’s family he died on impact after crashing into a tree during the chase. Only now in the footage obtained by the AP from one trooper's body camera can the public see for the first time some of what happened during the arrest. State Police brass initially argued the troopers’ use of force was justified —
“awful but lawful,” as ranking officials described it — and did not open an administrative investigation until 474 days after Greene’s death."

Yea, I know it may look bad for the police to repeatedly lie and file false reports; but none of this would have ever been known about if it wasn't for some meddling emergency room doctor noticing the dead guy still had the taser prongs stuck in his back -- after being told he died from a car crash. But the only person to blame for this is Green himself; he shouldn't have fled and took police on a high-speed chase..and for what? a traffic violation?

The question still remains however; why shouldn't cops be allowed to kill suspects who try to run away or don't follow police orders?? If the police tells you to stop, you stop...if you don't, you die...that simple....Now because of this; the lives of at least 2 officers have been destroyed. The officer who was bragging about choking and beating Mr. Greene and making him spit blood everywhere; that guy was fired for his involvement in this case; and later died hours after finding out he was fired (due to a single vehicle highway crash with karma). The other officer was later arrested for his connection to another police beating -- but as I said; none of this would have happened if we simply made it perfectly legal for cops to kill whoever tries to flee from police or doesn't comply with their ord
Hear Halt once is a warning, hear Halt, twice and you're pushing up Daisies.

The question still remains however; why shouldn't cops be allowed to kill suspects who try to run away or don't follow police orders?? If the police tells you to stop, you stop...if you don't, you die...that simple....Now because of this; the lives of at least 2 officers have been destroyed. The officer who was bragging about choking and beating Mr. Greene and making him spit blood everywhere; that guy was fired for his involvement in this case; and later died hours after finding out he was fired (due to a single vehicle highway crash with karma). The other officer was later arrested for his connection to another police beating -- but as I said; none of this would have happened if we simply made it perfectly legal for cops to kill whoever tries to flee from police or doesn't comply with their orders.
Yeah, why shouldn't police be able to shoot on sight....if they are black?

It should be illegal to have black skin. It causes violence. Just the color. That's all.

Troopers initially told Greene’s family he died on impact after crashing into a tree during the chase.

Now the answer to your question is because we do not hire the police to be judge, jury and executioners.
Why this was not dealt with decades ago is mind boggling. The ironic thing is that at some point law enforcement or whatever they call it will be doing a hundred times worse and it will be legal as the economy lessens.

Why this was not dealt with decades ago is mind boggling. The ironic thing is that at some point law enforcement or whatever they call it will be doing a hundred times worse and it will be legal as the economy lessens.

In years past they would have said that the man died in the wreck with no proof they were lying. Things are different now. They tried to not release the video proving they were lying but not even an unjust justice system can cover that up forever now.

Why shouldnt politcal elites of the Demoncrap party be fired for lying all the time? Police just follow what the leaders do, is this the way of Joe Biden's America?

The question still remains however; why shouldn't cops be allowed to kill suspects who try to run away or don't follow police orders?
Because they’re suspects – innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

That to conservatives this is a ‘question’ at all is repugnant.
Funny, what you just said , only applies to Democrats, because Andrew Cujo of New State has 10s of thousands of murdered elderly on his hands, and he still hasnt been in court yet, while Rudy got taken in because the crooked FBI thought they had shit on him....

Why shouldnt politcal elites of the Demoncrap party be fired for lying all the time? Police just follow what the leaders do, is this the way of Joe Biden's America?

I have long argued to stop voting for politicians that lie to us. What would cause you to ask me this question in reply to what I said? I'll also note you did not answer the question.

Yeah, why shouldn't police be able to shoot on sight....if they are black?

It should be illegal to have black skin. It causes violence. Just the color. That's all.
Asshole.

I have long argued to stop voting for politicians that lie to us. What would cause you to ask me this question in reply to what I said? I'll also note you did not answer the question.
As i said previously, if the Mayors, Governors and CongressCritters all lie, why should the police be honest? How else do police who wanted to help people, end up being so corrupted? Must do what the political leaders tell them to...

As i said previously, if the Mayors, Governors and CongressCritters all lie, why should the police be honest? How else do police who wanted to help people, end up being so corrupted? Must do what the political leaders tell them to...

You are arguing we have an unjust system. I've long argued that. Address it or people will burn it down.

thats a loaded question,,

theres a difference between not complying and putting others in danger,,

Be allowed to kill? No. That leads to just straight up murder.

But there should be the accepted reality by society that if you commit a crime in order for the cops to come after you, and you run, fight, argue, pull a weapon, or threaten the cops then you're taking your own life into your hands and a ass beating or your death is your own responsibility.

Of course ultimately what we should be teaching everyone is, don't break the law. If you don't break the law to begin with then you don't have to worry about the cops beating or shooting you.

The question still remains however; why shouldn't cops be allowed to kill suspects who try to run away or don't follow police orders?
Because they’re suspects – innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

That to conservatives this is a ‘question’ at all is repugnant.
Funny, what you just said , only applies to Democrats, because Andrew Cujo of New State has 10s of thousands of murdered elderly on his hands, and he still hasnt been in court yet, while Rudy got taken in because the crooked FBI thought they had shit on him....
That the authoritarian right advocates for the killing of innocent detainees by police comes as no surprise.

thats a loaded question,,

theres a difference between not complying and putting others in danger,,
Not really......

When you are a suspect and you are not complying -- you are putting others in danger in many ways....especially if you are in a high speed chase

Forum List

Back