Why so much pleading the 5th with Bridgegate?

Nyvin

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2013
So with the Christie bridgegate scandal going on, and the right wingers here saying "just a traffic study" "just shutting down lanes, who cares?"

My only question to them is....why are so many Christie officials pleading the 5th when they're questioned about the lane closures? David Wildstein refused to talk, Bridget Ann Kelly refused to talk....why all the secrecy?

If there is a plain and ordinary reason for the shutdown, why can't the they just tell the story?

Also why does Christie's story keep changing?

Asserting your 5th Amendment rights doesn't shut down questioning. But by doing so you're then forbidden from answering any other questions. So in both theory and practice you may still receive many questions while repeatedly re-asserting your 5th Amendment rights.

Everyone involved in a conspiracy and charged together may coordinate their defense, some stay silent, others talk. It's just legal strategy.

So with the Christie bridgegate scandal going on, and the right wingers here saying "just a traffic study" "just shutting down lanes, who cares?"

My only question to them is....why are so many Christie officials pleading the 5th when they're questioned about the lane closures? David Wildstein refused to talk, Bridget Ann Kelly refused to talk....why all the secrecy?

If there is a plain and ordinary reason for the shutdown, why can't the they just tell the story?

Also why does Christie's story keep changing?

Why are people who was in bengazi and know what really happened, changing their identity?

They figured it worked so well for the Obama lackeys during the IRS fiasco, it might work for them too.

Forum List

Back