Why some people on the political forum have problems making their point!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Generally speaking I find the majority of people who simply put their comments on this forum WITH NO substantiation are doing what is best illustrated by this issue that has started today Friday 7/19/24.
What we know A major global IT outage is hitting industries across the world with airlines, banks, shops and broadcasters affected.
  • Major U.S. airlines have grounded flights and there are global delays. United, American and Delta have ordered a "global ground stop," said Rep. Eric Swalwell, a member of the House subcommittee on cybersecurity.
  • Microsoft said it had fixed the issue, but problems still persist and blue error screens are appearing on public screens across the U.S. and beyond.
  • Cybersecurity company CrowdStrike said the problem stemmed from a "defect found in a single content update for Windows."
  • Alaska State Troopers said that 911 services were down across the state.
  • Live updates: Major global IT outage grounds flights, hits banks and businesses around the world
Now maybe some of us on this forum politically don't care about this but what you are seeing is best illustrated by this statement..."The devil is in the details"! attributed to Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, whose life spanned from 1886 to 1969

https://www.wikihow.com/The-Devil-Is-in-the Details#:~:text=It%20might've%20been%20first,spanned%20from%201886%20to%201969.

NOTE: (The following MAY NOT be accurate and no one should use this to correct their situation! NO ONE!!!

But here is what apparently was the file that caused this massive issue affecting millions of lives:
"C-00000291*.sys
CrowdStrike Engineering has identified a content deployment related to this issue and reverted those changes.
Workaround Steps:
  1. Boot Windows into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment
  2. Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike directory
  3. Locate the file matching “C-00000291*.sys”, and delete it.
  4. Boot the host normally.

In summary, what this comment is meant to do is to get evidently a vast majority of posts on this Political forum seem to think their uninformed, unsubstantiated statements are accurate just as the well educated, sophisticated Crowdstrike engineers did when they did something to the "C-00000291*.sys" file!
"The devil is in the details"

Last edited:
Generally speaking I find the majority of people who simply put their comments on this forum WITH NO substantiation are doing what is best illustrated by this issue that has started today Friday 7/19/24.
What we know A major global IT outage is hitting industries across the world with airlines, banks, shops and broadcasters affected.
  • Major U.S. airlines have grounded flights and there are global delays. United, American and Delta have ordered a "global ground stop," said Rep. Eric Swalwell, a member of the House subcommittee on cybersecurity.
  • Microsoft said it had fixed the issue, but problems still persist and blue error screens are appearing on public screens across the U.S. and beyond.
  • Cybersecurity company CrowdStrike said the problem stemmed from a "defect found in a single content update for Windows."
  • Live updates: Major global IT outage grounds flights, hits banks and businesses around the world
Now maybe some of us on this forum politically don't care about this but what you are seeing is best illustrated by this statement..."The devil is in the details"! attributed to Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, whose life spanned from 1886 to 1969

https://www.wikihow.com/The-Devil-Is-in-the Details#:~:text=It%20might've%20been%20first,spanned%20from%201886%20to%201969.

NOTE: (The following MAY NOT be accurate and no one should use this to correct their situation! NO ONE!!!

But here is what apparently was the file that caused this massive issue affecting millions of lives:
"C-00000291*.sys
CrowdStrike Engineering has identified a content deployment related to this issue and reverted those changes.
Workaround Steps:
  4. Boot the host normally.

In summary, what this comment is meant to do is to get evidently a vast majority of posts on this Political forum seem to think their uninformed, unsubstantiated statements are accurate just as the well educated, sophisticated Crowdstrike engineers did when they did something to the "C-00000291*.sys" file!
"The devil is in the details"

OK

Fuck Bill Gates and Windows for their forced updates! What did the Redditers do without their fix?

liberal heads.jpg

The company’s CEO George Kurtz has since said that the company is “actively working with customers impacted by a defect found in a single content update for Windows hosts,”
stressing that Mac and Linux hosts are not affected
hmm my last update replaced my extensions for edge and chrome with a required one that was doing apparently nothing but cut off my access from the extension store. I switched to Firefox solving the immediate problem and deleted a c file deep in chrome extensions and Microsoft extensions which likely solved their problems but I did not reopen those files to test because I like Firefox better.

"C-00000291*.sys
Workaround Steps:

It's Ok, tmorrow is another day.

I've been an Apple user since 1986 and when I worked for a major semiconductor company in 1990s our company was beta testing yes..."Windows 2.0"!!!
Microsoft had a meeting with us to find out how our beta testing was going and I asked the leader of the meeting "Say I had access on my Windows to a fellow employee spread sheet and am able to watch her change some data". Can I make a change on my window to the same spreadsheet so she can see?
The leader said "no that's not yet possible with Windows."
I then said..."well that's funny as my 18 year old son is contracted by a major oil firm and he has shown me how he can maintain computers on the California drilling platforms the oil company has with his Mac512" Her response.."Well Windows just isn't that sophisticated...YET!!"

Just saying...

Some posters have no point. They find some juicy tidbit on some obscure usually ultra left website and they post it without comment. When you ask them to explain it they resort to name calling.

Forum List

Back