Why the 2nd Amendment needs to be reconsidered...

[

Joe, If one was interested they could find you there. You were nothing but a chew toy. You would get laughed at while you debated your self. You were shamed out of there. I felt a little sad for you. Fact IS, In those days they feared the bayonet Mr. History major. The Brown Bess was the AK-47 of the time. It was an assault weapon. The best a military could have, and it or a version of it was in just about every ones home. Towns and colonies owned cannon, and they were proficient in their use. As a history major a guy would think you would know this. The fact that you are resorting to "guy" and "crazy woman" is only further proof you are talking out your ass. You need to calm down sport.

Actually, I just got bored with Town Hall. I had several backup accounts and computers I could have used to keep fucking with them, but it just wasn't worth it. Keep in mind, this was a site where they banned you from using the $ because they were too lazy to employ actual mods to keep spammers off the site. And most of the people there make Daveman look sane... which is an accomplishment, really.

Now, on to the point- As i state above, after the British were defeated, the first concern of the continental congress was to get the yahoos with guns under control. Shays Rebellion had a lasting impact, hence the whole conceptof a "Well-regulated" militia as opposed to "Any asshole with a gun just show up and start threatening people".

The fact is, most people don't need that kind of firepower for home defense or hunting, and the notion of mob rule with guns should frighten most sensible people.

Now, In those days we did not have mass shootings of the type we do today. I have shown you mass shootings (consecutive) in your gun controlled country's, and I have shown you crazy people serine gassing subways in your liberal utopia's (that really aren't as liberal as you say). Still, you can do nothing to prove that guns are not a problem. Busted people are.

-I had several backup accounts and computers I could have used to keep fucking with them,-
-:lol: Thank you Joe. thank you.

You guys talk about how most gun owners are responsible, law-abiding and never cause any trouble, but you never seem to keen on preventing the ones who don't.

Yes I know.

"Youz guys" filing down the teeth of the judicial, penal and mental health systems while encouraging the destruction of the traditional family and fostering lack of accountability and victimization based on your emotional recking had nothing to do with it.

Okay, let's go and look at this usual right wing laundry list of blaming everything but guns for gun violence...

First, the Penal and Judicial system... We lock up more people than any other country in the world. We are one of the last industrialized countries to still have a death penalty. So, no, the problem is not that we aren't locking enough of the bad guys up.

The Mental Health System- Are you folks on the right really willing to pay higher taxes to have enough mental hospital beds to house all of the mentally ill? I think there are arguments to be made both sides have contributed to this problem. The left for insisting on ridiculous standards for commitment (although in reaction to a system that was being abused) and the right for cutting spending on mental health and welfare programs so rich guys could have more Dressage Horsies... So I'll give you HALF of that one.

Destruction of the "Traditional Family". Hmmmmm. Okay, what caused that? Was it just those women getting jobs and seeking to be something other than baby-machines, or was it the fact that the right took away all the good unions jobs and forced a lot of these women into the work force?

Lack of accountability? Again, see both sides have really encouraged a lot of narcisism.

I had several backup accounts and computers I could have used to keep fucking with them,

How many of them do you have for here?

Here, none.

Don't honestly feel I need them here. TH you did because they used auto-flag systems to monitor it... instead of having a real person actually read the post and say, "Um, yeah, that was out of line, actually."

You guys talk about how most gun owners are responsible, law-abiding and never cause any trouble, but you never seem to keen on preventing the ones who don't.

Yes I know.

"Youz guys" filing down the teeth of the judicial, penal and mental health systems while encouraging the destruction of the traditional family and fostering lack of accountability and victimization based on your emotional recking had nothing to do with it.

Okay, let's go and look at this usual right wing laundry list of blaming everything but guns for gun violence...

First, the Penal and Judicial system... We lock up more people than any other country in the world. We are one of the last industrialized countries to still have a death penalty. So, no, the problem is not that we aren't locking enough of the bad guys up.

The Mental Health System- Are you folks on the right really willing to pay higher taxes to have enough mental hospital beds to house all of the mentally ill? I think there are arguments to be made both sides have contributed to this problem. The left for insisting on ridiculous standards for commitment (although in reaction to a system that was being abused) and the right for cutting spending on mental health and welfare programs so rich guys could have more Dressage Horsies... So I'll give you HALF of that one.

Destruction of the "Traditional Family". Hmmmmm. Okay, what caused that? Was it just those women getting jobs and seeking to be something other than baby-machines, or was it the fact that the right took away all the good unions jobs and forced a lot of these women into the work force?

Lack of accountability? Again, see both sides have really encouraged a lot of narcisism.

Somebody PM me when he returns to reality.

I had several backup accounts and computers I could have used to keep fucking with them,

A few. One is quite recognizable. I highly recommend a visit to town hall. You will spot them right away. See, as smart as Joe thinks he is, he does a shitty job covering his tracks.

Actually, I was never trying to "cover tracks", and the names that I used there were obviously me.

Frankly, you are pretty butthurt over what I may or may not have done at TH two years ago, man.

Yes I know.

Weak. He has reverted back to old arguments. I for one think the money should be spent on mental health. I would pay more taxes for that. You are starting to falter Joe.

A few. One is quite recognizable. I highly recommend a visit to town hall. You will spot them right away. See, as smart as Joe thinks he is, he does a shitty job covering his tracks.

Actually, I was never trying to "cover tracks", and the names that I used there were obviously me.

Frankly, you are pretty butthurt over what I may or may not have done at TH two years ago, man.

Na. You are just another asshole that thinks they are the shit. You are to much of a light weight to cause butt hurt. As for covering tracks, you were dangerously close with a cammmpbell exchange or two.

Yes I know.

Somebody PM me when he returns to reality.

Wont happen. He will be trying to hit stealth mode here now. Anything to get attention off the fact that he is a habitual sock user. He hates that because it squashes his superiority complex. He is not used to having his strings pulled so easily.

Yes I know.

Weak. He has reverted back to old arguments. I for one think the money should be spent on mental health. I would pay more taxes for that. You are starting to falter Joe.

You would, but most people wouldn't. We can't even get people to agree to taxes to pay for the things we've already agreed we need to do.

Incidently, I think closing down the mental hospitals in the 1970's (causing the homeless problem Reagan wrongly got blamed for) was the dumbest move we ever made. We should have made those places better, not closed them down.

Finally, why is it when anyone points out we already lock up more people than any country in the world and we still have an unacceptably high crime rate for an advanced country, you guys all play it off like it isn't that important.

I would argue, it's made the problem worse. You lock up a pot smoker with a rapist, you aren't going to get a more mellow rapist, you are going to get a more angry and dangerous pot smoker.

[

Wont happen. He will be trying to hit stealth mode here now. Anything to get attention off the fact that he is a habitual sock user. He hates that because it squashes his superiority complex. He is not used to having his strings pulled so easily.

Feel free to identify any Socks I have here...

Thanks...

Guy, whatever I did to you on Town Hall, I am truly sorry for, I didn't not know that I crushed your ego so badly you are still angry about it four years later.

Na. You are just another asshole that thinks they are the shit. You are to much of a light weight to cause butt hurt. As for covering tracks, you were dangerously close with a cammmpbell exchange or two.

You see, this was the problem, you are making assumptions that don't fly. Besides the fact that this system will show when two users are on at the same time (as I was with Campbelll)

Look, I'm guessing I made you look pretty silly in an argument on TH, for you to still be on about it 4 years later.

The only other poster I remember by name from TH was MaineCon, and that was because he lied about being a Mormon.

You see, this was the problem, you are making assumptions that don't fly. Besides the fact that this system will show when two users are on at the same time (as I was with Campbelll)

Look, I'm guessing I made you look pretty silly in an argument on TH, for you to still be on about it 4 years later.

The only other poster I remember by name from TH was MaineCon, and that was because he lied about being a Mormon.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are a HOOT!:clap2:

And I'm sure you can back up that opinion by citing some historical documents right?

The fact is the writers of the Constitution specifically used the phrase "shall not be infringed" when speaking of the right to bear arms.

That does not jive with your opinion.

They also said, "Well-regulated Militia"....which does...

Chicago-Kent Law Review

In short, the 2nd Amendment was written to prevent the kind of 'armed resistance' to government you guys seem to think it protects.

Do you have evidence for that? All the indications are that he did well in school and only became unglued in the last few years.

[

And you have absolutely no right to tell anyone what they do or do not need unless of course you want to be told that very same thing. I can come up with a list longer than my arm of shit you don't need but I don't presume to be so fucking self righteous as to tell you what to do.

And if any of those things were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to kill people, you might have a valid point about why I shouldn't have them.

Funny how I've owned a gun since I was 12 and I never killed anyone nor have I been injured by a gun

You see owning guns does not make one a killer or a victim. That some people use guns in the commission of a crime has absolutely nothing to do with how many guns I own.

You cannot hold everyone responsible for the acts of a few.

They also said, "Well-regulated Militia"....which does...

Chicago-Kent Law Review

In short, the 2nd Amendment was written to prevent the kind of 'armed resistance' to government you guys seem to think it protects.

Do you have evidence for that? All the indications are that he did well in school and only became unglued in the last few years.

And if any of those things were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to kill people, you might have a valid point about why I shouldn't have them.

Funny how I've owned a gun since I was 12 and I never killed anyone nor have I been injured by a gun

You see owning guns does not make one a killer or a victim. That some people use guns in the commission of a crime has absolutely nothing to do with how many guns I own.

You cannot hold everyone responsible for the acts of a few.

I grew up in a time that people mounted their deer rifle or shotgun over the mantle in the living room, school kids had their hunting rifle or shotgun in a gunrack in the pickups at school, and just about everybody over the age of six knew how to fire some sort of firearm. I never shot anybody or was injured by a firearm either. I do recall a couple of guys that didn't make their presence known and picked up a couple of shotgun pellets in non lethal places, but I otherwise never knew anybody injured or killed with any kind of gun except overseas in wartime.

The one time I WAS afraid was an early sunny Saturday morning on the first day of pheasant season and I was driving to a meeting in southwest Kansas. Driving across an area called Cheynne Bottoms, the 4-wheel drives lined the highway and there were hunters with shotguns loaded with birdshot everywhere you looked. I kept my head low and prayed no bird decided to fly close to my vehicle. But as is the case in most hunting seasons in Kansas, nobody at all got shot.

Forum List

Back