Why the China issue is a win/win for Trump, and his opponents know it

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I think this is his winning issue that the Dems cannot take away. They know this and some donors are desperate to avoid him, pushing for impeachment almost certainly.

If Trump continues to pressure China, hit them with tariffs but doesn't get a trade deal, in the 2020 debates he can rightfully say "I'm the only one who confronts China, if I lose, they will take over and China will go back to it's old ways. Stealing your jobs and technology".

If he does get a trade deal, it will be on good terms for the U.S and he will secure another victory before the debates.

The only way Trump loses is if he gives in to China, or, doesn't secure a good deal. He is absolutely under no pressure to make a bad deal, the ball is entirely in his court, and he knows this. He isn't going to sign a bad deal, so Dems can only sit and watch, knowing it's an issue they lose big on.

Along with USMCA, your southern border illegal immigration/the wall, they must feel they are using the only card they have left...impeachment. There is no way their policies will resonate stronger than his.

Forum List

Back