Why The F-15 Terrified The commie imperialists

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
It's kind of poetic; the commie imperialists oversold a jet's capabilities and knew it could never do all the things they claimed. The American D.o.D. took their adversary at face value and so built a jet that could equal or excel their Moscow counterpart. This results in a jet that actually dominates their direct competition. It was a solution to a problem that never actually existed.

I once heard. The F-15 doesn’t produce lift. It beats the atmosphere into submission

It's kind of poetic; the commie imperialists oversold a jet's capabilities and knew it could never do all the things they claimed. The American D.o.D. took their adversary at face value and so built a jet that could equal or excel their Moscow counterpart. This results in a jet that actually dominates their direct competition. It was a solution to a problem that never actually existed.

I once heard. The F-15 doesn’t produce lift. It beats the atmosphere into submission

The F-15 ended up being the best Topcap Fighter EVER. And still is in many ways. You don't use Stealth for top cap because you want your topcaps to be highly visible and able to outrange the enemy. That is how you win a battle. Make the other side decide not to fight it in the first place. Sorry, the the F-22 is just too few in numbers to be wasted on Topcap.

And now the US is consumed by not letting Russia blow every scrap heap F16 out of the sky with their Hyper Sonic Missiles and rockets .

100% changed now .

Russia with all the cutting edge superiority .
The US with second rate outdated equipment .

Which is why Kyiv has been massacred .

Obviously.
That's why Russia took over Ukraine in 3 weeks...err...3 months...err...30 months...err, never mind.

As you have repeatedly told us :-
You have no inkling of modern war strategy and simply do not understand why Russia has revelled in the stupid Mad Midget strategy, where he has accepted being always on the offensive locally and losing men and equipment in about a 10:1 ratio .

Now the Mad Midget has run out of men , equipment and ammunition and is literally being slaughtered .

Duuh

As you have repeatedly told us :-
You have no inkling of modern war strategy and simply do not understand why Russia has revelled in the stupid Mad Midget strategy, where he has accepted being always on the offensive locally and losing men and equipment in about a 10:1 ratio .

Now the Mad Midget has run out of men , equipment and ammunition and is literally being slaughtered .

Duuh

Russia intentionally didn't win in 3 weeks?
Putin intentionally let Ukraine sink the Russian Black Sea fleet?

Russia intentionally didn't win in 3 weeks?
Putin intentionally let Ukraine sink the Russian Black Sea fleet?

As half expected you did not understand a word of my previous post .
Very low Comprehension skills has become normal among Americans and with disastrous results .

As half expected you did not understand a word of my previous post .
Very low Comprehension skills has become normal among Americans and with disastrous results .

Russia could have won in 3 weeks but is taking over 2 years, on purpose?

Is that your point? Spell it out.

I don't think any country has come up with better fighter planes than F-15s and 16s. Including the US.

I don't think any country has come up with better fighter planes than F-15s and 16s. Including the US.

For the cost of operation, those two are hard to beat. But the problem is, the cost of a fully equipped EX would be on par with a F-35C in purchasing the unit. But the cost of operation (the USAF) is much lower than the F-35C because the infrastructure is already in place. IF you don't already have the F-15 (of any kind) already in your inventory and are authorized to purchase the F-35A then the F-35A becomes the best buy. The cost of a new EX is about 94 mil while the cost of the F-35A is right around 73 mil.

I was involved in the first forward operating F-15A Base at Bitburg, AB. Here's a bit of info on the original F-15A. The guns were tied directly into the radar with no way to use it if you lost radar. And so were both types of missiles, the Aim-7 and the Aim-9. Don't get me wrong, when the radar was operating, there were nothing that could compete with it. The problem is, the Radar had a 33 percent rate of operation. That sounds bad. Well, it is. And we had mostly new pilots.

Enter Soderstrom with their F-4Es and Gs. And enter the war games.

We generated our F-15A models at a 33% rate. Meaning, 2/3rds of our bright and shining fighters scrubbed the missions normally due to a radar malfunction which left the F-15A as a single seat joy riding bird that costs tens of millions. Sounds bad, right?

The F-4E had the ability to fire it's heat seekers and guns without affecting the radar. Yes, having radar made them work better but the installed one thing from the Gun and Rod Shops and that was weaver 4 powered scopes. An experienced pilot can see for miles with vision that normal people don't have. That means the the mark8eyeball was extended beyond the capability of the weapons carried. The other method was to rely on the growling of your Aim-9. At rages beyond where you should fire it, it would still make noise in your headset when pointed at another fighter. In every flight, they would have at least one F-4 with operating Radar and the rest might be the flying garbage truck. Sounds good, right?

That's what we thought. Until the end of the war games and the tally came back. Each F-15A made up 4 kills per F-4s one. Even the fact that only 33% of the F-15As could be flown. The Fact was Spang had a 95% launch rate with seasoned pilots. And Bitburg still had a 4 to one kill rate.

The F-15A last about as long as Spangs F-4s. In about a year, the F-15C were arriving (most were upgraded A) with most of the problem with the A was ironed out. And Spang started getting their brand new F-16s. Spang kept their F-4Gs for awhile until a suitable replacement F-16 was offered. What's wild the 4 to one kill rate didn't make the news back home. What did was the extreme expenses and low sortie rate of the F-15. It took years to get the F-15C and the F-16C where you see them today. So I don't see any real problems with the F-35s where time will fix everything. Remember, the F-35A has a 20 to one kill rate when you let it fight it's own fight.

Forum List

Back