Why There Will Never Be A Third, Fourth, Fifth..Etc....Party.

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
The reason is clear and it is here.

Everyone that is passionate about politics, and it turns out that is almost everyone, has an audience on the internet.

Any chance of a third party has died of 100 million cuts or more precisely a 100 million voices AKA 100 million points of view.

The fact is that we used to agree on enough to form parties and understand that we were not going to get everything we wanted when joining one. Now we can just loggon and spill our guts and get heard by a handfull or maybe if we say something controversial...a few hundred anonymous voices in response until the next controversial topic is posted and our big important point drops down the page and into the cyber trash can of old news.

Now that twitter has emerged there is even less stability and recognition of the opinion of others.

Our collective opinions used to matter.

Now our individual opinions mean less than the paper they never get printed on.

Both the current parties are held together by corporate money.

People who accept that deserve whatever happens to them.

I think there's a lot to be said for the fact that "talk" is cheap and easy. Once an idea has been transformed into a post and submitted people think that they have done enough and that maybe someone else will do the legwork.

Forum List

Back