Why Trump has already won tomorrow's debate (without showing up)

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

Tomorrow night, Republican front-runner Donald Trump might become the first presidential candidate ever to win a debate he didn't show up for. The other candidates will show up like they're supposed to, and they'll stand at their podiums answering questions. Some opinion writers will spin theories like, "Trump doesn't really want to win" or "This will be what finally does Trump in."

The coming Trump victory is simply a continuation of what happened in 2010 and 2014. He has his faults, but so what? People are tired of watching politicians try to present themselves as perfect. Say the right thing. Wear the right clothes. Smile more. Get some boots that add an inch. Use this term, don't use that term. Someone might get mad. Someone might be bothered.

Trump says what he wants, even if it leaves everyone mad and bothered. Trump is real, and he clearly has no patience for B.S. Like the rest of them, he isn't perfect. The difference is, everyone else is pretending to be.

The other candidates are desperate to keep playing by the old rules, but Trump destroyed those rules. I woke up yesterday morning excited about tomorrow's debate. Today, I woke up excited to see what Trump will do instead of the debate. That's why Trump has already won.

The author is right. Everyone on this board, if they are honest, will be so curious as what Trump will say, they will be flocking to his Town Hall for Wounded Warriors. The Fox Debate will be a non event.

Ailes and Kelly just got owned. Good for them. Maybe this will cost Ailes his job. Hope so.

Tomorrow night, Republican front-runner Donald Trump might become the first presidential candidate ever to win a debate he didn't show up for. The other candidates will show up like they're supposed to, and they'll stand at their podiums answering questions. Some opinion writers will spin theories like, "Trump doesn't really want to win" or "This will be what finally does Trump in."

The coming Trump victory is simply a continuation of what happened in 2010 and 2014. He has his faults, but so what? People are tired of watching politicians try to present themselves as perfect. Say the right thing. Wear the right clothes. Smile more. Get some boots that add an inch. Use this term, don't use that term. Someone might get mad. Someone might be bothered.

Trump says what he wants, even if it leaves everyone mad and bothered. Trump is real, and he clearly has no patience for B.S. Like the rest of them, he isn't perfect. The difference is, everyone else is pretending to be.

The other candidates are desperate to keep playing by the old rules, but Trump destroyed those rules. I woke up yesterday morning excited about tomorrow's debate. Today, I woke up excited to see what Trump will do instead of the debate. That's why Trump has already won.

The author is right. Everyone on this board, if they are honest, will be so curious as what Trump will say, they will be flocking to his Town Hall for Wounded Warriors. The Fox Debate will be a non event.

Ailes and Kelly just got owned. Good for them. Maybe this will cost Ailes his job. Hope so.

The only audience that matters tomorrow is Republican Iowa undecideds. There is no trophy to win by having more viewers than the debate tomorrow. An MMA fight would likely get more viewers than most political debates.... Do we want to elect one of the fighters based on how man are watching?

I asked Missourian this question and I'll ask you the same.

Here is your messiah making fun of a man with birth defects:

oT41FYI.jpg

What do you think about that?

Without the sideshow, people will hear their insane policy ideas.

Last edited:
It would seem Hillary will be the first candidate to win both major party's primaries; her's and the GOP.

I am curious about the actual debate without Donald Trump. I'm wanting to see and hear the candidates' reactions to this current mess. There is good chance I will watch now. Why would I want to watch one candidate give a glorified stump speech uncontested rather than the rest of them debate issues? Pretty risky move by the Trump campaign to skip an event with national exposure this close to Iowa and New Hampshire.

Last edited:
I'm back to leaning in his favor again.

You know his detractors will say he is afraid of Kelly. The truth is, he pics and chooses who to share his views with and she just isn't smart enough or worthy enough to waste his breath. He has been set up as bait. He didn't swallow the bobber and swam to another lake. That is a smart move.

The only audience that matters tomorrow is Republican Iowa undecideds. There is no trophy to win by having more viewers than the debate tomorrow. An MMA fight would likely get more viewers than most political debates.... Do we want to elect one of the fighters based on how man are watching?

oT41FYI.jpg

That's how fetuses react after they've been aborted. Care to comment about that?

All anyone needs know is the obvious-----------> if you had a winning formula that works most of the time, how excited would you be for a rules change, or a new philosophy enacted that made your strategy considerably weaker when used?

Now you know why the establishment Republicans and Democrats are floundering!

And one piece of reality to our friends, the mighty lefties---------> IF the DNC had put up Hillary, Warren, Biden, and then the rest of the DNC group running that is today; if the Democrats picked Hillary as their standard bearer, your position would be considerably STRONGER than it is today. (and use bravado all you want, the internals show you are in deep-doo) Why? Because YOUR people decided who they wanted, not a bunch of pointy heads choosing, then putting up "pablum" candidates as a foil to insure the "chosen one" prevailed, while giving the illusion of choice in the matter.

The GOP on the other hand, has a vast choice, people are engaged, people are excited, people are re-registering to vote to have a say, and they are going to show for their candidate in the primaries, and at the ballot box in November.

Yes folks, Trump has already won this debate because all he could do is lose points off a massive lead if he showed. It is like the sitting President running for re-election; the opponent wants as many debates as possible to be perceived as equal because he stands on the same stage as POTUS. Contrast that with the sitting President who wants as few as possible to stop from elevating his opponents status. With such a commanding lead in the primaries, Trump; for whatever reason, luck or brilliant political strategy, has chosen the correct course, and the establishment Republican news outlet Fox, gave him the perfect excuse-)

oT41FYI.jpg

That's how fetuses react after they've been aborted. Care to comment about that?

Care to stay on topic? Didn't think so.

oT41FYI.jpg

Care to stay on topic? Didn't think so.
I did, your boy made of special Olympics
Besides, I'm just as much on topic as you were.

All anyone needs know is the obvious-----------> if you had a winning formula that works most of the time, how excited would you be for a rules change, or a new philosophy enacted that made your strategy considerably weaker when used?

And one piece of reality to our friends, the mighty lefties---------> IF the DNC had put up Hillary, Warren, Biden, and then the rest of the DNC group running that is today; if the Democrats picked Hillary as their standard bearer, your position would be considerably STRONGER than it is today. (and use bravado all you want, the internals show you are in deep-doo) Why? Because YOUR people decided who they wanted, not a bunch of pointy heads choosing, then putting up "pablum" candidates as a foil to insure the "chosen one" prevailed, while giving the illusion of choice in the matter.

The GOP on the other hand, has a vast choice, people are engaged, people are excited, people are re-registering to vote to have a say, and they are going to show for their candidate in the primaries, and at the ballot box in November.

Yes folks, Trump has already won this debate because all he could do is lose points off a massive lead if he showed. It is like the sitting President running for re-election; the opponent wants as many debates as possible to be perceived as equal because he stands on the same stage as POTUS. Contrast that with the sitting President who wants as few as possible to stop from elevating his opponents status. With such a commanding lead in the primaries, Trump; for whatever reason, luck or brilliant political strategy, has chosen the correct course, and the establishment Republican news outlet Fox, gave him the perfect excuse-)

With apologies to Churchill; never before has so much praise been heaped upon someone who has done so much for so few so often as it is for Donald Trump.

The "internals" are internal for a reason and only a few know what they say. What we do know is that the Democrats have a massive electoral college advantage buttressed by their key voting blocks (Women, Hispanics, Blacks, LGBT, College educated individuals) growing in numbers and the GOP key constituency (angry white men and women) is getting smaller. 332-206 should be a clue; losing 5 of the last 6 popular votes should be another.

I'd be happy to have you identify the 64 electoral votes that need to flip from 2012.

As for the debate; he is handing a victory to others who have either no or little momentum. No better way to get momentum than to win a contest and there is no easier way to win than having your prime opponent not show up. Rudy Giuliani tried to do the same thing in 2012 and pick his spots. Professional politics does not work that way; especially in places like Iowa and NH.

And just so you know, the Commission on Presidential debates has set up the 3 POTUS and 1 VPOTUS standard that has been in place since 2000; Obama, Clinton, Romney, etc... cannot opt out. It illustrates how little the those who worship the Trump Messiah know.

I'm back to leaning in his favor again.

You know his detractors will say he is afraid of Kelly. The truth is, he pics and chooses who to share his views with and she just isn't smart enough or worthy enough to waste his breath. He has been set up as bait. He didn't swallow the bobber and swam to another lake. That is a smart move.

Ahh...a novel description of a cowardly act.

Whaa! Megyn Kelly is a third-rate journalist! She's mean to me! Whaa!

oT41FYI.jpg

"That handicapped reporter totally deserved it! It's not Trump's fault he's handicapped!

Hey, someone's outside of my house shooting at me! It's Trump! I still support him!"

Whaa! Megyn Kelly is a third-rate journalist! She's mean to me! Whaa!

Here he is saying she's a great moderator.....

I would ask his supporters if he was lying then or if he's lying now but really, why is the point? They will just rationalize it the way they always do.

This is what makes them the morally bankrupt people they have become...

Cue the attack on hillary, Obama, etc...

Trump is strong enough that he can call the shots in any situation he finds himself in. Just as the Iranian pact gave every edge to the Iranians, Trump would have left the table, telling them when they actually want to make a difference in the world, call me.

Kelly was inappropriate the first debate and they have had disagreements on her show. So why would Trump allow such a biased moderator on the next debate? He just calmly suggested they change on of their moderators to ensure propriety. Ailes couldn't do it altough he had many qualified people to select from.

Rating is big businesses. It determines the cost of the commercials and there is a big difference to a successful plan, or program to draw those big bucks...Would like to know what the commercial cost went down to from Monday afternoon. It would be wickedly funny to see very few commercials at all.

So Trump has proven that he is not wuss like Kerry to negotiate and get what America needs at any given time.

As an example, Kerry is concerned with North Korea and their use of nuclear weapons. He is working for a settlement thru China. Kerry says the talks are coming along fine and the Chinese diplomat says he's angry. That won't happen with Trump. Trump will just pick up and leave and tell them what sanctions are being placed on Korea. When they want it changed, bring your best game to the table.

No more half measures.

With apologies to Churchill; never before has so much praise been heaped upon someone who has done so much for so few so often as it is for Donald Trump.

The "internals" are internal for a reason and only a few know what they say. What we do know is that the Democrats have a massive electoral college advantage buttressed by their key voting blocks (Women, Hispanics, Blacks, LGBT, College educated individuals) growing in numbers and the GOP key constituency (angry white men and women) is getting smaller. 332-206 should be a clue; losing 5 of the last 6 popular votes should be another.

I'd be happy to have you identify the 64 electoral votes that need to flip from 2012.

As for the debate; he is handing a victory to others who have either no or little momentum. No better way to get momentum than to win a contest and there is no easier way to win than having your prime opponent not show up. Rudy Giuliani tried to do the same thing in 2012 and pick his spots. Professional politics does not work that way; especially in places like Iowa and NH.

And just so you know, the Commission on Presidential debates has set up the 3 POTUS and 1 VPOTUS standard that has been in place since 2000; Obama, Clinton, Romney, etc... cannot opt out. It illustrates how little the those who worship the Trump Messiah know.

Easy peezy there Cornwallis-)

1. Florida.............that is about done-)

2. Ohio.................that is your only path, but if they put Kasich as VP, that one is ours too. Not to mention blue collar workers no lika your crap now.

3. Virginia.......coal miners-)

5. Colorado, many more retirees than last time.

6. Iowa, but you already knew that!

7. Possibly Nevada, one never knows.

That is more than I needed.

Blue collar workers are going to go at least 40% for Trump if he is the nominee. They want jobs, and why shouldn't we be surprised. I actually believe he has a much better chance to win the Presidency than Cruz does, but Cruz would be the better President.

I am not counting my chickens before they are hatched, but I am counting the chickens we already have, and counting the chickens the Democrats thought they had but do not, lol. If they are not YOUR chickens, than they can still be mine, and with the gift of Florida you gave us, I am quite positive it is going to come down to 1 state if we can swing Ohio. Which state it is has yet to be determined. About June I will let you know what state it is so you can sweat with the people who actually do this stuff for a living, or part time for extra cash-)

And about that coalition you have. You are correct, but also very wrong. A large part of your coalition walked out of the polls in 12 and proclaimed (basically) that Romney would have been a better President, but Obama cared about them more.

Good luck trying to pull that off with Hilly to the tune of 85-15 like Obama did, lol!

Easy peezy there Cornwallis-)

1. Florida.............that is about done-)

2. Ohio.................that is your only path, but if they put Kasich as VP, that one is ours too. Not to mention blue collar workers no lika your crap now.

3. Virginia.......coal miners-)

5. Colorado, many more retirees than last time.

6. Iowa, but you already knew that!

7. Possibly Nevada, one never knows.

That is more than I needed.

Blue collar workers are going to go at least 40% for Trump if he is the nominee. They want jobs, and why shouldn't we be surprised. I actually believe he has a much better chance to win the Presidency than Cruz does, but Cruz would be the better President.

I am not counting my chickens before they are hatched, but I am counting the chickens we already have, and counting the chickens the Democrats thought they had but do not, lol. If they are not YOUR chickens, than they can still be mine, and with the gift of Florida you gave us, I am quite positive it is going to come down to 1 state if we can swing Ohio. Which state it is has yet to be determined. About June I will let you know what state it is so you can sweat with the people who actually do this stuff for a living, or part time for extra cash-)

And about that coalition you have. You are correct, but also very wrong. A large part of your coalition walked out of the polls in 12 and proclaimed (basically) that Romney would have been a better President, but Obama cared about them more.

Good luck trying to pull that off with Hilly to the tune of 85-15 like Obama did, lol!

FL...With trump calling Hispanics rapists, likely not.
OH...Always a toss up.
VA...Strong Blue state...federal workers the GoP always wants to cut.
CO...Hispanics and marijuana reform bel weather...strong blue
IA...A toss up as well, Hillary will have the edge

AZ is in play with Trump.
MT is in play
NC, SC,GA, AZ, NE, KS, are all in play with Cruz.

Forum List

Back