Why Trump has already won tomorrow's debate (without showing up)

I've thought it's just another absurdity in a run up to the campaign of absurdities. I mean go to the Donald's site for policy positions. The cubboard is bare.

But, all campaigns are really just snapshots where voters take an image. Reagan beat Poppy with the "I paid for this microphone" sound clip. Dean imploded with a rant, that really wasn't a rant, but is was symptomatic of his campaign as a whole. Slick became "the comeback kid" .... even though he didn't win. Dole to Poppy, "stop lying about my record" grrrrrr. All basically trivial events that became symbolic.

I agree with the OP.

Trump has already won the debate. :thup:
The debate, sure. And even if he loses Iowa, he'll win NH, and he's just killing it in red states that are coming up. I think he is the nominee already. But being the nominee is like one lap through a mile race. Having Hillary up for the dems works for him.

Tomorrow night, Republican front-runner Donald Trump might become the first presidential candidate ever to win a debate he didn't show up for. The other candidates will show up like they're supposed to, and they'll stand at their podiums answering questions. Some opinion writers will spin theories like, "Trump doesn't really want to win" or "This will be what finally does Trump in."

The coming Trump victory is simply a continuation of what happened in 2010 and 2014. He has his faults, but so what? People are tired of watching politicians try to present themselves as perfect. Say the right thing. Wear the right clothes. Smile more. Get some boots that add an inch. Use this term, don't use that term. Someone might get mad. Someone might be bothered.

Trump says what he wants, even if it leaves everyone mad and bothered. Trump is real, and he clearly has no patience for B.S. Like the rest of them, he isn't perfect. The difference is, everyone else is pretending to be.

The other candidates are desperate to keep playing by the old rules, but Trump destroyed those rules. I woke up yesterday morning excited about tomorrow's debate. Today, I woke up excited to see what Trump will do instead of the debate. That's why Trump has already won.

The author is right. Everyone on this board, if they are honest, will be so curious as what Trump will say, they will be flocking to his Town Hall for Wounded Warriors. The Fox Debate will be a non event.

Ailes and Kelly just got owned. Good for them. Maybe this will cost Ailes his job. Hope so.

What "old" rules did Trump destroy?

Actually the reason the zombified populace likes Trump is precisely because he will defend and support the welfare/warfare police state !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://fff.org/2015/12/18/donald-trump-really-like-fdr/
DONALD TRUMP REALLY IS LIKE FDR
by Jacob G. HornbergerDecember 18, 2015

Undoubtedly Donald Trump ruffled a lot of liberal-progressive feathers when he declared that he is more like President Franklin Roosevelt than any other leader has been. The truth oftentimes hurts, but actually Trump is right.

One can easily imagine a President Trump ordering the Pentagon to round up Muslim-Americans and foreign Muslims living here in the United States and put them into U.S. concentration camps for the duration of the “war on terrorism,” just as Roosevelt did to Japanese-Americans, German-Americans, and Japanese and German citizens who were living here in the United States at the outbreak of World War II.

Tomorrow night, Republican front-runner Donald Trump might become the first presidential candidate ever to win a debate he didn't show up for. The other candidates will show up like they're supposed to, and they'll stand at their podiums answering questions. Some opinion writers will spin theories like, "Trump doesn't really want to win" or "This will be what finally does Trump in."

The coming Trump victory is simply a continuation of what happened in 2010 and 2014. He has his faults, but so what? People are tired of watching politicians try to present themselves as perfect. Say the right thing. Wear the right clothes. Smile more. Get some boots that add an inch. Use this term, don't use that term. Someone might get mad. Someone might be bothered.

Trump says what he wants, even if it leaves everyone mad and bothered. Trump is real, and he clearly has no patience for B.S. Like the rest of them, he isn't perfect. The difference is, everyone else is pretending to be.

The other candidates are desperate to keep playing by the old rules, but Trump destroyed those rules. I woke up yesterday morning excited about tomorrow's debate. Today, I woke up excited to see what Trump will do instead of the debate. That's why Trump has already won.

The author is right. Everyone on this board, if they are honest, will be so curious as what Trump will say, they will be flocking to his Town Hall for Wounded Warriors. The Fox Debate will be a non event.

Ailes and Kelly just got owned. Good for them. Maybe this will cost Ailes his job. Hope so.

Cost Ailes his job? Hitler wouldn't fire Joseph Goebbels. For anything.

Trump is destroying conservatism's all time favorite media outlet.

I have no problem with the Republicans in Iowa next week really determining who won tonight's debate. If the caucuses go Trump's way then clearly he won. Since I haven't taken his campaign seriously, my notion is that by dropping out of the debate he's already begun using the media as his excuse for failure.

I like the way Trump handles the liberal media but I think his campaign won't survive ducking the final debate. Get it "Donald Duck"? If he can't handle the very nice Meagan Kelly how the hell will he handle Vlad Putin?

Whaa! Megyn Kelly is a third-rate journalist! She's mean to me! Whaa!
Kelly is a hypocrite.

She's an enigma from my perspective, not that I spend much time thinking about her. She comes across as a penthouse centerfold / call girl and talks with a bitchy edge in her voice. She must think this is working for her...but it's a turnoff for everyone I know...sad for her family and wrong in the long run for Rupert...

Forum List

Back