why will Trump cut and run from White House Correspondents' Dinner?

Trump apologists should remember...

The dinner "has been and will continue to be a celebration of the First Amendment and the important role played by an independent news media in a healthy republic," said Jeff Mason, a Reuters White House correspondent who heads the association this year.

Ronald Reagan was the last president to sit out the event after he was shot in 1981

....fleeing in terror from people making a few jokes isn't exactly good PR

looks like he'll take a pass on any Comedy Central Roast invites too, though even Justin Bieber had the cajones for a good shellacking

bigly sad

Bahahahaha....Reagan had a good excuse! Fucking Trump, not so much. He's a BIG SNOWFLAKE.

"I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!", Trump wrote on Twitter.

this shows his true character, getting out of the kitchen at a full run

but being a con man he should instinctively know that by not attending he's opening the floodgates for even harsher derision, mockery on a cosmic scale

Apr 29th, can't wait!

I don't blame him one bit.

I do. I would like to have a POTUS with something besides a shrunken peapod hanging between his legs. Guess you like 'em all pussified, hmmmm?

This is a war and he doesn't want to appear before an arrayed enemy and be unable to defend himself.

Why can't he defend himself? He's told the public repeatedly that he has "the best words". And he's reminded us of how smart he is, there's no one smarter. Remember? So what's he afraid of?

He despises the majority of the media, as do all decent people. I wouldn't want to eat with them, either.

He despises the majority of the media, as do all decent people. I wouldn't want to eat with them, either.

So what would you like to do with the media? Ban them? Put them out of business? That's SO Kim Jong Un of you.
I've been in countries, worked in them, where the media was limited and/or censored. You don't want that. You don't know how valuable the 4th Estate is just exactly AS it is now.

Notice that fake news sites and biased news outlets never post retractions. That's a big, yuuuge point. Turn to page 2 every day of any major newspaper and you'll see the retractions. When a big mistake is made (like when Rolling Stone published that piece about the rape at U of VA) they will publicly announce a retraction, (as RS did when it was discovered the story was wrong).

So what would you like to do with the media? Ban them? Put them out of business? That's SO Kim Jong Un of you.
I've been in countries, worked in them, where the media was limited and/or censored. You don't want that. You don't know how valuable the 4th Estate is just exactly AS it is now.
Actually, it's Kim Jong Un of you to try to force the people to accept propagandists as if they were the same as a "free press".

I like the free press.

I hate the propagandists who claim to be journalists, but are just paid, lying shills operating against the United States.

I would put them in prison and prosecute them for libel, and for treason when appropriate. For fraud as well.

and throw away the key.

"Journalists" who LIE should get the death penalty.

You Trump Monkeys have turned against the media because Donald Trump told you to. But I bet every single one of you watches Fox or CNN or frequent The Blaze and WND online. And I bet you live and breathe every fucking word they say, too.

You Trump Monkeys have turned against the media because Donald Trump told you to. But I bet every single one of you watches Fox or CNN or frequent The Blaze and WND online. And I bet you live and breathe every fucking word they say, too.

No, I've been against the media and have been outing them since I first witnessed them in action, in the newsroom, thirty years ago.

Actually, it's Kim Jong Un of you to try to force the people to accept propagandists as if they were the same as a "free press".

I like the free press.

I hate the propagandists who claim to be journalists, but are just paid, lying shills operating against the United States.

I would put them in prison and prosecute them for libel, and for treason when appropriate. For fraud as well.

and throw away the key.

"Journalists" who LIE should get the death penalty.

That sounds good, but you would have a very hard time with your scenario. You have to prove that something is NOT true. The fact that the truth may harm someone because it is published is NOT against the law.

When you come up with a good replacement for what we have now, a free press, and can tell me the last time you were subjected to NO press or a limited press and what that was like, I might listen to you. But in the meantime, you're just pontificating Trump bullshit, like a trained seal.

No, I've been against the media and have been outing them since I first witnessed them in action, in the newsroom, thirty years ago.

What newsroom? Where? Facts: place, time, names, please.
What you just said could never be put in print or pixels because it means nothing. That's the kind of press you said you despise. Interesting. You don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, look. KosherTwit has left the room. Such a bullshitter.

"I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!", Trump wrote on Twitter.

this shows his true character, getting out of the kitchen at a full run

but being a con man he should instinctively know that by not attending he's opening the floodgates for even harsher derision, mockery on a cosmic scale

Apr 29th, can't wait!

Why would I go to any kind of dinner with a group of people who have treated me so badly?

to show strength, confidence, some balls

You've got to have it before you can show it.

He doesn't so he cant.

Trump Will Be First POTUS to Skip White House Correspondents’ Dinner in Over 30 Years

President Donald Trump is skipping this year's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner, he announced Saturday on Twitter, offering without any explanation: "Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!"

Slated to take place April 29, the annual dinner is traditionally attended by the president, first lady, members of the administration, the White House press corps and numerous media outlets. Proceeds raised by the dinner go toward scholarships and awards for aspiring journalists.

The gathering is typically hosted by a noted comedian who roasts the president and members of the media, and then lets the commander in chief crack his own jokes.
Trump is also the first president to follow someone as bad as obama.

He doesn't have the time other presidents have enjoyed.

If you believe that pile of horseshit, then why is it okay with you that he does almost nothing but take vacations?

Even the dumbest of you RWNJs know better and you also know he's got one goal - your money in his pocket. You also know he's already got a huge start on that.

Trump is working during his Mar-a-Lago trips.

I sometimes meet people outside of work to discuss work issues over lunch. Does that mean I'm not working?

Trump is Chickenshit

Doesn't mean he will not be the topic of conversation

And the press are a bunch of mewling progressive twat-waddles who lie either to us, themselves or both when they cling to their claims of impartiality and fairness.

Let them have their little "we are teh awesomes" gathering, its how you get more Trump.
A free press is essential to Democracy

A government at war with the press is not something to brag about

If you believe that pile of horseshit, then why is it okay with you that he does almost nothing but take vacations?

Even the dumbest of you RWNJs know better and you also know he's got one goal - your money in his pocket. You also know he's already got a huge start on that.

I sometimes meet people outside of work to discuss work issues over lunch. Does that mean I'm not working?
He can work in the White House too.....Save himself a trip

He can work in the White House too.....Save himself a trip
It's sometimes best to meet certain people outside of work.

Trump is Chickenshit

Doesn't mean he will not be the topic of conversation

And the press are a bunch of mewling progressive twat-waddles who lie either to us, themselves or both when they cling to their claims of impartiality and fairness.

Let them have their little "we are teh awesomes" gathering, its how you get more Trump.
A free press is essential to Democracy

A government at war with the press is not something to brag about

Who's trying to stop the dinner, or the press?

Saying they are a bunch of hypocritical partisan jackasses and not hanging with them socially is not suppressing them.

Trump apologists should remember...

The dinner "has been and will continue to be a celebration of the First Amendment and the important role played by an independent news media in a healthy republic," said Jeff Mason, a Reuters White House correspondent who heads the association this year.

Ronald Reagan was the last president to sit out the event after he was shot in 1981

....fleeing in terror from people making a few jokes isn't exactly good PR

looks like he'll take a pass on any Comedy Central Roast invites too, though even Justin Bieber had the cajones for a good shellacking

bigly sad

JohnnyCumsack, it isn't a few jokes. It's open, angry, aggressive propaganda to try and force a political destabilization. So just like Trump is saying to them, I'll say to you......fuck you. Have a great weekend.

awwwww ....

And poor widdo twumpy wumpy can't handle the heat.

It has never been that and never will be.

OTOH, remember the disaster of drumpf with a mic in his hand, making really brainless attacks over absolutely nothing.

No, of course you don't but people got up and left.

He's the prez and needs to grow a pair. This is exactly why he let's Mexico, Germany, China and his owner Pooting walk all over him.

I think I see the issue here. Johnny Cumsack doesn't have his head up his own ass. He has it up Puddly Pillowbite's ass and vice versa. I embrace your alternate lifestyle. Carry on.

Forum List

Back