Why won't they prosecute gun criminals...straw buyer gets probation, gun used to kill cop....

But when caught they should be punished. This is what weakens gun control.
We don't have gun control here, obviously...

we have lots of gun control...our criminals just ignore it more often.....because the criminals in Europe ignore their gun control laws as well...just not as often.
No, we have essentially zero gun control here, hence the problem. Lots of laws, no control...

nope...lot's of control...for normal gun owners..the criminals simply ignore the laws...because they are criminals....they get guns in the countries with the most extreme gun control, even Japan and China.
Japan has control, and two or so gun murders a year, which would be seven in the US. Now that is control...

they have a conformist population that doesn't commit crime..they don't commit much of any type of crime so you could give every Japanese citizen a gun and let them carry it 24/7 and they still wouldn't have gun crime.

the police can also search anyone for any reason...and prosecutors force confessions without consequences...that is people control, not gun control.

What about Defense Contractors? They sell weapons that can't POSSIBLY be used for self defense!
By definition, no "weapon" is for self-defense. A bulletproof vest is self defense, to stop what comes from a weapon from killing you...

a gun is designed for self defense...it is the most effective tool for self defense.
Nope. It was always designed only to kill, in war. Self-defense is bars on the windows, not a gun. Guns are for killing things.

We don't have gun control here, obviously...

we have lots of gun control...our criminals just ignore it more often.....because the criminals in Europe ignore their gun control laws as well...just not as often.
No, we have essentially zero gun control here, hence the problem. Lots of laws, no control...

nope...lot's of control...for normal gun owners..the criminals simply ignore the laws...because they are criminals....they get guns in the countries with the most extreme gun control, even Japan and China.
Japan has control, and two or so gun murders a year, which would be seven in the US. Now that is control...

they have a conformist population that doesn't commit crime..they don't commit much of any type of crime so you could give every Japanese citizen a gun and let them carry it 24/7 and they still wouldn't have gun crime.

the police can also search anyone for any reason...and prosecutors force confessions without consequences...that is people control, not gun control.
Since they essentially have no guns there, no one needs one, that is gun control. You spend a lot of time mixing up apples with shot glasses...

What about Defense Contractors? They sell weapons that can't POSSIBLY be used for self defense!
By definition, no "weapon" is for self-defense. A bulletproof vest is self defense, to stop what comes from a weapon from killing you...

a gun is designed for self defense...it is the most effective tool for self defense.
Nope. It was always designed only to kill, in war. Self-defense is bars on the windows, not a gun. Guns are for killing things.
How many barred windows must one carry while walking the streets to be protected? What a foolish premise.

How many barred windows must one carry while walking the streets to be protected? What a foolish premise.
A gun won't protect you then either, unless you can shoot him first. Good luck, Chuck...

Tis better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it. I'm going to leave the board for the day, why don't you find a boy scout and try to convince him to be Unprepared.

One thing I would be okay with..every time a licensed gun store has a customer fill out the paper work..they should vocally tell the person before they fill out the form the consequences of lying or sellin or giving a gun to a felon...that would be okay by me....

One would hope maybe some would have cold feet if they made it clear how serious it was. Some of them might go in not even knowing it is illegal.

that is why I think a verbal warning should be given for each gun purchase by gun store owners.

Some min sentence should probably also be attached to it.

One thing I would be okay with..every time a licensed gun store has a customer fill out the paper work..they should vocally tell the person before they fill out the form the consequences of lying or sellin or giving a gun to a felon...that would be okay by me....

One would hope maybe some would have cold feet if they made it clear how serious it was. Some of them might go in not even knowing it is illegal.

that is why I think a verbal warning should be given for each gun purchase by gun store owners.

Some min sentence should probably also be attached to it.

Thinking on it she knowingly gave a gun to a prohibited person who then used it to commit murder…she should get life.

Forum List

Back