Why World War Three looks so appealing to the Democrats. Less people around when the war ends, thus more for the Democrats that survive.

Which is why you'll be caught off guard, and unprepared should/when it happens. Folk like you will be amongst the first to go.

Christians have been predicting an impending second coming for nearly 2000 years.

That's quite the impressive record of not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

But this time its different?

What do you think is more likely.....that all of your brothers in Christ for nearly 2000 years, using the same book you've used, using the same doctrine that you've used, praying the same prayers were ALL WRONG about the impending second coming, but somehow YOU have it figured out.

Or....

None of you have a clue what you're talking about? Even by the logic of your faith, Matthew 24:36 has a very clear answer to that question.

Last edited:
The next World War will be Cyber

I honestly think that the greatest threat to human civilization going forward is convincing misinformation.

We're within a generation of convincing AI generated video of......anything. Trump shooting Lincoln. Biden out-rapping Eminem. Harris throwing a puppy into a woodchipper. Anything at all.

Once we cross that threshold, where even with pictures, video and audio we can't know what's real and what's not........you'll see a shift to purely 'emotional truth' to vast swaths of the nation. And a decoherence of civilization.

Christians have been predicting an impending second coming for nearly 2000 years.

That's quite the impressive record of not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

But this time its different?

What do you think is more likely.....that all of your brothers in Christ for nearly 2000 years, using the same book you've used, using the same doctrine that you've used, praying the same prayers were ALL WRONG about the impending second coming, but somehow YOU have it figured out.

Or....

None of you have a clue what you're talking about? Even by the logic of your faith, Matthew 24:36 has a very clear answer to that question.
You picked one scenario. And ran with it. How cute... Don't prepare for anything, tomorrow is guaranteed, and the only thing that will change; is that everything will just keep getting better.

You picked one scenario. And ran with it. How cute... Don't prepare for anything, tomorrow is guaranteed, and the only thing that will change; is that everything will just keep getting better.

This is the scenario we're talking about: the second coming of christ and the Christian obsession with the biblical apocalypse.

Just because Christians have a steaming dogshit record of accurately predicting the second coming doesn't mean my point is any less relevant.

This is the scenario we're talking about: the second coming of christ and the Christian obsession with the biblical apocalypse.

Just because Christians have a steaming dogshit record of accurately predicting the second coming doesn't mean my point is any less relevant.
Now you attack my religion? That crosses the line. It isn't Christians that make the prediction. But individuals. It says in the Bible that no one, not even the angels in Heaven knows the date that it will happen on.

Now you attack my religion? That crosses the line. It isn't Christians that make the prediction. But individuals. It says in the Bible that no one, not even the angels in Heaven knows the date that it will happen on.

How am I attacking your religion? Christians have been predicting the imminent second coming for nearly 2000 years. They've been wrong for nearly 2000 years.

Is it anti-Christian to acknowledge their terrible record of accuracy? Am I suppose to pretend that they haven't made these predictions? Or pretend that Christ has already returned?

There are many "end of times" scenarios. Much like the verse you point out says no one will know when; additionally no one will no exactly how. But no matter when, or how being caught unprepared won't end well...

How am I attacking your religion? Christians have been predicting the imminent second coming for nearly 2000 years. They've been wrong for nearly 2000 years.

Is it anti-Christian to acknowledge their terrible record of accuracy? Am I suppose to pretend that they haven't made these predictions? Or pretend that Christ has already returned?
People have been predicting the end of the world WAY before Christianity. The Ancient Greeks, maybe even the Ancient Mesopotamians.

There are many "end of times" scenarios. Much like the verse you point out says no one will know when; additionally no one will no exactly how. But no matter when, or how being caught unprepared won't end well...

With Christians pushing them these 'end of times' scenarios. Which is exactly my point.

We seem in agreement.

People have been predicting the end of the world WAY before Christianity. The Ancient Greeks, maybe even the Ancient Mesopotamians.

And they were wrong too. I wouldn't cite the ancient greeks as having a superb record of accuracy on the topic either.

But other people being wrong doesn't make Christian record of perfect failure on the topic any less abysmal in terms of accuracy.

They've been perfectly wrong for nearly 2000 years on the imminent 2nd coming. Why would we take any more assurances from Christians today that the 2nd coming is nigh as anything more than uninformed guesses?

And they were wrong too. I wouldn't cite the ancient greeks as having a superb record of accuracy on the topic either.

But other people being wrong doesn't make Christian record of perfect failure on the topic any less abysmal in terms of accuracy.

They've been perfectly wrong for nearly 2000 years on the imminent 2nd coming. Why would we take any more assurances from Christians today that the 2nd coming is nigh as anything more than uninformed guesses?
Because the rapture is close maybe in my lifetime, maybe in my grandkids. Nothing will shake my Christian faith. You are acting a lot like the false teachers that the Bible warned of.

Because the rapture is close maybe in my lifetime, maybe in my grandkids.

Says who? Again, I direct you to the perfect record of failure of Christians on predicting the second coming for the last 2000 years.

But you've it figured out? Why would you be a better source than 2000 years worth of your brothers in Christ who insisted they were right....and weren't?

Nothing will shake my Christian faith. You are acting a lot like the false teachers that the Bible warned of.

You can be a faithful christian without believing the rapture is imminent. They're not mutually exclusive.

Forum List

Back