Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

It is amazing how so many left & right condemn the Iraq invasion of '03...

9/11/01 changed the landscape forever in my opinion...

Afghanistan will continue to be a unenviable task to combat, I am not convinced we will succeed, we will have to step up the numbers to win, but I do not believe we can afford to walk away...

My cousin was injured on the 15th by a IED along with three members of his patrol in Afghanistan, Thank God for Armored Vehicles, and after the initial shock, my first thought was why didn't we level Pakistan for hiding OBL?

My brother in law is deployable on the 28th and I hate the thought that he has to go, but I will tell you one very common thread between the two of them, they believe it is their duty to be there...

I have now seen this first hand on a personal level twice, it's meaning runs very deep and very emotionally as well, if I was selfish about this I wouldn't want either of them to be exposed, If I am rational about this, I wouldn't want anyone to die in the perfect world and would say give peace a chance, but neither of those choices are dealing with reality...

No reality is what we faced when Truman chose to drop the Atomic Bombs some 65+ years ago and today we are faced with the same realities, yet we are waffling at best...

If we walk as some suggest, who is willing to bet we will never deal with something worse than 9/11/01?

We need to finish the job, anything less will leave us vulnerable for years to come, this is not about who or what we supported in the past, it's about our future...

We have so many volunteers wanting to go over there the marines have made it more difficult to join than it was from what I understand (I have no way of confirming this, but I have been told this by marines)
Thank your family and yes it was the and is the right thing to do

So right off the bat;

What does one have to do with the other?

Big picture though; It's illegal to invade for the purpose of regime change.

There was no 'Iraq war' only the 'Iraq invasion and subsequent occupation' and the invasion was wrong for many reasons, the biggest of which is it was illegal.

Afghanistan will continue to be a unenviable task to combat, I am not convinced we will succeed, we will have to step up the numbers to win, but I do not believe we can afford to walk away...

My cousin was injured on the 15th by a IED along with three members of his patrol in Afghanistan, Thank God for Armored Vehicles, and after the initial shock, my first thought was why didn't we level Pakistan for hiding OBL?

My brother in law is deployable on the 28th and I hate the thought that he has to go, but I will tell you one very common thread between the two of them, they believe it is their duty to be there...

I have now seen this first hand on a personal level twice, it's meaning runs very deep and very emotionally as well, if I was selfish about this I wouldn't want either of them to be exposed, If I am rational about this, I wouldn't want anyone to die in the perfect world and would say give peace a chance, but neither of those choices are dealing with reality...

No reality is what we faced when Truman chose to drop the Atomic Bombs some 65+ years ago and today we are faced with the same realities, yet we are waffling at best...

If we walk as some suggest, who is willing to bet we will never deal with something worse than 9/11/01?

We need to finish the job, anything less will leave us vulnerable for years to come, this is not about who or what we supported in the past, it's about our future...

We have so many volunteers wanting to go over there the marines have made it more difficult to join than it was from what I understand (I have no way of confirming this, but I have been told this by marines)

So right off the bat;

There was no 'Iraq war' only the 'Iraq invasion and subsequent occupation' and the invasion was wrong for many reasons, the biggest of which is it was illegal.

It is not Illegal to, never mind, thats a first. Who said anything about regime change being illegal?
where do you get this illegal lie from?
Senate approves Iraq war resolution - CNN
this made it legal
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
this made it legal

STOP LYING PLEASE

So right off the bat;

It is not Illegal to, never mind, thats a first. Who said anything about regime change being illegal?
this made it legal
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
this made it legal

STOP LYING PLEASE

There was no "Iraq War Resolution", there was no Iraq war.

STOP LYING!!

There were no WMD's found in Iraq. Old mustard gas that doesn't work hardly qualifies as justification to invade, nor was it mentioned in the Authorization to Use Force.

From your article:

The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.

STOP LYING!!!

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan | World news | The Guardian

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan

The invasion was illegal according to those in charge of making that call.

STOP LYING!!!

So right off the bat;

this made it legal
this made it legal

STOP LYING PLEASE

STOP LYING!!

There were no WMD's found in Iraq. Old mustard gas that doesn't work hardly qualifies as justification to invade, nor was it mentioned in the Authorization to Use Force.

From your article:

The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.

STOP LYING!!!

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan | World news | The Guardian

STOP LYING!!!
Only one man is responsible for his continual lying, and rattling of his swords.

Only one man is responsible for refusing to come clean after ample opportunities were given for him to do so.......He was given ample opportunities to do so, by three different Presidents.......The third president decided enough was enough, and firmly shoved his rattling sword up his sorry ass once and for all.

Only one is responsible for his own ass kicking.......That would be Sadaam Hussein himself.....Deal with it!......It's all in the following:

Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions - CBS News

Last edited:
You claimed adamently that Reagan himself gave them the gas.........You fuckin' lied.

And nowhere in your supposed report does it state factually that the US was helping them deploy gas.

You're a dishonest hack....Just admit it, and move on.

Iraq already had mustard gas before Raygun took Iraq off the nations who support terrorist. After that not only did US companies sell equipment and supplies to Iraq but also our allies in France, Great Britton, Germany also were approved to sell Western technology to Iraq. That is how he was able to develop the WMD he had. Furthermore, the Administration gave Iraq 4 billion dollars in loan gaurentees (Which he defaulted on and we the tax payer paid) from Ronnie. The attack on the Kurdish village of Habjiba was carried out with Bell Heliocopters. Guess who sold them to Iraq?

What was the Raygun Amdministration's response to the news of chemical attacks on the Kurds?

Saddam was able to develop advance WMD because he had access to Western technology. Thank Raygun.

What does that have to do with the events of 1991?
1997?
1997?
1998?
2001?
2003?

Your alleged recall of the history of those events have nothing to do with Saddam's behavior in 1991 and there after including what he did to his own people
Saddam was the problem, not RR
Boo the liberal some how has lost the ability to hold people in account for there actions

what Saddam became was the problem, no-one nor nothing else

Actually it has everything to do with it.

this made it legal
this made it legal

STOP LYING PLEASE

STOP LYING!!

From your article:

STOP LYING!!!

STOP LYING!!!
Only one man is responsible for his continual lying, and rattling of his swords.

Only one man is responsible for refusing to come clean after ample opportunities were given for him to do so.......He was given ample opportunities to do so, by three different Presidents.......The third president decided enough was enough, and firmly shoved his rattling sword up his sorry ass once and for all.

Only one is responsible for his own ass kicking.......That would be Sadaam Hussein himself.....Deal with it!......It's all in the following:

If we followed the policy you're suggesting Jester we'd never be finished invading.

Rules and laws are set up and put in place for a reason.

We have not finished the job, and we can't now because the Bush term decisions put us in a no-win situation.

Saddam? gone
WMDs? gone and or accounted for, done
democratic govt? done

what else was was suppose to do there?

WMDs? Never existed. Never found.
The "democratic" govt. is rife with terrible corruption too.....so, why are we still there again?? :eusa_whistle:

Secondly, the poster I quoted was referring to Afghanistan.

We have not finished the job, and we can't now because the Bush term decisions put us in a no-win situation.

Saddam? gone
WMDs? gone and or accounted for, done
democratic govt? done

what else was was suppose to do there?

WMDs? Never existed. Never found.
The "democratic" govt. is rife with terrible corruption too.....so, why are we still there again?? :eusa_whistle:

Secondly, the poster I quoted was referring to Afghanistan.

Why do we have to keep doing this Libs?
hief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix remarked in January 2003 that "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance—not even today—of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."[117] Among other things he noted that 1,000 short tons (910 t) of chemical agent were unaccounted for, information on Iraq's VX nerve agent program was missing, and that "no convincing evidence" was presented for the destruction of 8,500 litres (1,900 imp gal; 2,200 US gal) of anthrax that had been declared.[117]
this was the smoking gun
Blix come out with this, that ended it

As far as WMDs go, what you classify as one and what the DOD classifies one as means allot to the US govt
with that said
Saddam was to have destroyed these munitions as per the agreement that allowed him to stay in power
These munitions in 1991 were not duds
they were not to be in existence in 2004
DOD: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria « Sister Toldjah
Now you want to argue with the DOD on these being as classified, be my guest
But stop bringing this crap back top me a

STOP LYING!!

From your article:

STOP LYING!!!

STOP LYING!!!

If we followed the policy you're suggesting Jester we'd never be finished invading.

Rules and laws are set up and put in place for a reason.

DOD: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria « Sister Toldjah
Now this is not from me, this is from the US govt. these munitions were not in this shape when Saddam was told to destroy them
let me add
hief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix remarked in January 2003 that "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance—not even today—of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."[117] Among other things he noted that 1,000 short tons (910 t) of chemical agent were unaccounted for, information on Iraq's VX nerve agent program was missing, and that "no convincing evidence" was presented for the destruction of 8,500 litres (1,900 imp gal; 2,200 US gal) of anthrax that had been declared.[117]
The anthrax nor the chemical agent have ever been found. They were items the Iraqi Govt stated existed and had been instructed to destroy them. where are they? As you can see this did not come from GWB
nor did any of this
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." S
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
- Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
- Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" Rep.
- Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weap ons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members .. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

SO NOW THE DEMOCRATS SAY PRESIDENT BUSH LIED, THAT THERE NEVER WERE ANY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND HE TOOK US TO WAR FOR HIS OIL BUDDIES???

So Blix advised that Iraq be invaded did he?

BBC News - Iraq inquiry: Former UN inspector Blix says war illegal

Iraq inquiry: Former UN inspector Blix says war illegal. The UN's former chief weapons inspector Hans Blix has said it is his "firm view" that the Iraq war was illegal.

Opps!!!

1) remove saddam
done
2) stabilize country
done
3) have a republic born of these events
done

am missing something here?

#2?
The current State Department Travel Warning to Iraq tends to confirm your questioning of whether Iraq is stable or not. It sure isn't safe for travel there now. I think we withdrew too many troops too quickly.

Just so you will know how very, very dangerous it is to travel right now here's the report:

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks inherent in travel to Iraq and recommends against all but essential travel to the country given the dangerous security situation. Civilian air and road travel within Iraq remains dangerous. This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning dated November 5, 2010, to update information and to remind U.S. citizens of ongoing security concerns for U.S. citizens in Iraq, including kidnapping and terrorist violence.
The United States has reduced the number of U.S. military forces in Iraq and ended the combat mission there on August 31, 2010. Consistent with agreements between the two countries, the United States is scheduled to complete its withdrawal of military forces from Iraq by the end of 2011.
Some regions within Iraq have experienced fewer violent incidents than others in recent years, in particular the Iraqi Kurdistan Region (IKR). However, violence and threats against U.S. citizens persist and no region should be considered safe from dangerous conditions. Attacks against military and civilian targets throughout Iraq continue, including in the International (or "Green") Zone (IZ). Methods of attack have included magnetic bombs placed on vehicles, roadside improvised explosive devices (IEDs); mortars and rockets; human- and vehicle-borne IEDs, including Explosively Formed Penetrators (EFPs); mines placed on or concealed near roads; suicide attacks; and shootings. Numerous insurgent groups remain active throughout Iraq. Although Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) operations against these groups continue, attacks against the ISF and U.S. forces persist in many areas of the country. U.S. citizens in Iraq remain at a high risk for kidnapping. The most recent confirmed kidnapping of a U.S. citizen reported to the U.S. Embassy occurred in January 2010 in Baghdad.
While sectarian and terrorist violence occurs at levels lower than in previous years, it occurs often, particularly in the provinces of Baghdad, Ninewa, Salah ad Din, Anbar, and Diyala.
The security situation in the Iraqi Kurdistan Region (IKR), which includes the provinces of Sulymaniya, Erbil, and Dohuk, has been more stable relative to the rest of Iraq in recent years, but threats remain. U.S. Government personnel in northern Iraq are required to be accompanied by a protective security detail when traveling outside secure facilities. Although there have been significantly fewer terrorist attacks and lower levels of insurgent violence in the IKR than in other parts of Iraq, the security situation throughout the country remains dangerous.
The Turkish military continues to carry out operations against elements of the Kongra-Gel terrorist group (KGK, formerly Kurdistan Workers’ Party or PKK) located along Iraq's northern border. Additionally, extensive unmarked minefields remain along the international border. The Governments of Turkey and Iran continue to carry out military operations against insurgent groups in the mountain regions. These operations have included troop movements and both aerial and artillery bombardments. U.S. citizens should avoid areas near the Turkish or Iranian border due to these ongoing military operations. The U.S. Embassy has limited resources to assist U.S. citizens who venture close to or cross the border with Iran.
Travelers using commercial carriers to enter or depart Iraq should be aware that, although there have been no recent attacks on civilian aircraft, the potential threat still exists, as does a high risk to road travelers as described above. U.S. Government personnel, with limited exceptions, are generally required to use official aircraft when entering or departing Iraq. Infrequent indirect fire attacks have impacted on or near the Baghdad and Basrah airports. There has been no reported damage or injuries to commercial operations or personnel.
The U.S. Embassy is located in the International Zone (IZ) in Baghdad. The IZ is a restricted access area. As of June 30, 2009, Iraqi authorities assumed responsibility for control of the IZ. Travelers to the IZ should be aware that Iraqi authorities may require special identification to enter the IZ or may issue IZ-specific access badges. Some terrorist or extremist groups continue to target U.S. citizens for kidnapping. Individuals residing and traveling within the IZ should continue to exercise good personal safety precautions.
The U.S. Government considers the potential threat to U.S. Government personnel in Iraq to be serious enough to require them to live and work under strict security guidelines. All U.S. Government employees under the authority of the U.S. Ambassador must travel in groups of two or more within the IZ and carry a working cell phone or radio when exiting the U.S. Embassy compound. U.S. Government personnel require special permission and a protective security detail at all times when traveling outside the IZ and outside secure facilities, and may be prohibited from traveling to certain areas of Iraq based on prevailing security conditions. State Department guidance to U.S. businesses in Iraq advises the use of protective security details. Detailed security information is available at the U.S. Embassy website at http://iraq.usembassy.gov and at the U.S. Central Command website at http://www.centcom.mil.
The U.S. Embassy provides services to the general public, including U.S. citizens, in Iraq. The ability of the U.S. Embassy to provide services to U.S. citizens outside Baghdad is particularly limited given the security environment. U.S. citizens who choose to visit or reside in Iraq despite this Travel Warning are urged to take responsibility for their own personal security and belongings (including their U.S. passports) and to avoid crowds, especially rallies or demonstrations. U.S. citizens who choose to travel in Iraq should be aware that Iraqi authorities have arrested or detained U.S. citizens whose purpose of travel is not readily apparent. Persons also have been detained for taking photographs of buildings or other scenic sites. All U.S. citizens in Iraq, including those working on contract for the U.S. Government, are urged to inform the U.S. Embassy of their presence in Iraq by enrolling in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) in order to obtain updated travel information. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy to provide updated security information or to contact them in emergencies.

Why, is the US going to stop fucking around in the internal affairs of other nations?

Are the powers-that-be going to deport all warmongers?

You have a very short memory. Iraq's Hussein sent a dozen jumbo jets to Kabul the evening after the Taliban surrendered. They loaded the planes down with hundreds of defeated Talibani and transported them to Iraq where Saddam reestablished numerous terrorist retraining camps in Iraq in order to do worse than take out the WTC again.

Right now American citizens remain under the US State Department's Do Not Travel to Iraq due to kidnapping and other dangerous-to-America activities that are taking place right now there because we moved too quickly to get out.

You apparently do not join the American and EU folks who think Iraq is going back to its old hate America ways.

Why the hell would you want us to put our guard down so they can finish off the rest of NYC, every nuclear power plant in the USA, etc.

Don't you ever read the newspapers?

Why, is the US going to stop fucking around in the internal affairs of other nations?

You have a very short memory.

And you are a US or Israeli disinformation officer. Your story is pure cockamamie bullshit.

You apparently do not join the American and EU folks who think Iraq is going back to its old hate America ways.

Listen , you retarded son of a bitch, Bush knew that the shiites hate the US guts , that they are religious radicals and are affiliated with Iran.

So don't be acting like you are fucking surprised.

And you are a US or Israeli disinformation officer. Your story is pure cockamamie bullshit.

Listen , you retarded son of a bitch, Bush knew that the shiites hate the US guts , that they are religious radicals and are affiliated with Iran.

^^Ron Paul's supporter at his finest!^^

A fascist state supremacist supporter at his finest.

I quoted only from American sources, the Library of Congress, the FBI. These are United States Institutions, and I linked everything. Now, I'm going to share something with you that isn't appreciated by you, in fact, it shows that the Democrats are lying to the American public. The American public should know the bullshit story you are proffering against them in order to leave us vulnerable to terrorism. Your grandmother failed to give you a bar of soap to clean your mouth out, I see.

Hans Blix​' report to the United Nations provided all the evidence necessary to justify removing Saddam, even without any input from the Bush administration. Blix outlined a litany of deception and violations of existing U.N. resolutions against Iraq, even as he argued that UNMOVIC was beginning to get its act together. He noted the discovery of 3,000 pages of documents in the home of an Iraqi scientist, "much of it relating to the laser enrichment of uranium," saying UNMOVIC believed such tactics were "deliberate to make discovery difficult and to seek to shield documents by placing them in private homes."
Blix's report escaped the Democratic National Committee's cherry-pickers. While using the war to slam Bush, the Democrats also needed to explain why 77 of them voted in favor of the Iraq war. They say it's because Bush had better intelligence than they did. The fact is, had any Democrat requested intelligence from the White House and was refused, it would certainly have caused a congressional catfight that would have been all over the news.
Instead, say the Dems, they simply accepted the Bush administration's assessments at face value, and that is why they voted in favor of war. It is the constitutional duty of the Congress to authorize war. That makes it the duty of every member of the authorizing body to fully investigate the reasons for war.
For the Democrats to argue that they didn't know what they were doing, but did it anyway, is an admission of utter incompetence, if not outright dereliction of duty.
The war with Saddam didn't begin on Sept. 11. It began in 1991. It continued for the entire decade, including a massive U.S. attack on Baghdad in 1998, codenamed 'Operation Desert Fox​.' Regime change in Iraq was a U.S. policy articulated by Bill Clinton​.
George Tenet​, whom the Democrats allege cooked the intelligence for Bush, was hardly a Republican apparatchik. Tenet began his career as uber-liberal Sen. Pat Leahy's aide on the Senate Intelligence Committee. He was appointed the Committee's staff director by Democrat David Boren. Tenet was appointed to his CIA post by Bill Clinton. Bush's role in Tenet's career amounted to not firing him when he took office. The 9-11 attacks took place nine months into Bush's presidency – under the noses of a director of central intelligence appointed by Democrats. The resolution authorizing war was passed at a time when the Democrats controlled both Houses of Congress.
The Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, chaired by former Democratic Sen. Charles Robb of Virginia and senior federal appellate court judge Laurence Silberman​ concluded after a lengthy investigation that CIA analysts "universally assert[ed] that in no instance did political pressure cause them to change any of their analytical judgments."
The CIA​'s own ombudsman, "also found no evidence, based on numerous confidential interviews with the analysts involved, that political pressure had caused any analyst to change any judgments."
For Bush to have mislead the nation into war, two things – for sure – would have to be unquestionable. The first is that Bush knew his "secret" intelligence sources (he didn't share with Congress) were 100 percent right and the CIA assessment was 100 percent wrong. Secondly, knowing the truth, Bush would have to have concealed this intelligence from his staff, the Pentagon and the Congress.
Perhaps this is a good time to point out that President Clinton​ couldn't conceal an affair he was having in the Oval Office bathroom. By definition, Clinton's affair began as a conspiracy of two. Within months, it was all over the front page.
To deliberately start a war based on false pretenses would be a lot more serious than a tasteless affair – it would be high treason. Anybody knowingly involved would therefore be part of a conspiracy to commit treason. And there would have to be a lot more than two conspirators. To argue that the White House could manage such a wide conspiracy – and keep a lid on it – is believable only to the politically naive.
In short, the Democrat's charges aren't even possible, let alone feasible, and those who are making those charges know it. The central charge is that the president is a liar. The more irresponsible among the loony left, including Howard Dean​, have said so in so many words.
Here is the conundrum the Democrats have created for themselves: If Bush didn't lie, then they are themselves liars for making the accusation without knowing that it is true. On the other hand, if Bush did lie, then they accuse themselves of incompetence at best, and dereliction of their constitutional duty at worst.
But nobody will hold the Democrats accountable for lying. It's only wrong when Republicans do it.

Thanks for your family's sacrifice. We are all better for the heros in yours and others' families.

So right off the bat;

this made it legal
this made it legal

STOP LYING PLEASE
Thank you for showing your adversaries the truth. I wouldn't pay any attention to their agenda which is to get their leader re elected at any cost, including the truth that you just set before them.

A fascist state supremacist supporter at his finest.

You're a fuckin' cartoon.

Forum List

Back