Why Would Bigots Attack a Jewish-Arab School in Israel That Teaches...

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
...Tolerance and Respect?

This reminds me of the old Jim Crow south.

They came at night. When the principal arrived in the morning to open the school, there were scores of stickers covering the outside walls, the main entrance and the surrounding fence. The stickers, like the school’s motto, were bilingual, in Hebrew and in Arabic. In Hebrew they read “Don’t you even dare to think about a Jewess,” while in Arabic the warning was slightly different: “Don’t you dare touch a Jewess.” Under the threats there was also a phone number for people who wish to “report incidents of assimilation and provide donations.”
You know just how fucked up a country is, when they treat a school (that teaches mutual respect between cultures), as a threat to its national security.

The school where the warning was posted is called Hagar, or Hajjar in Arabic, and is one of only five non-segregated Jewish-Arab schools in Israel.
Israeli's should be proud of this school.

Within this bilingual space Hagar encourages direct contact with the heritage, customs and historical narrative of both ethnic groups. The teachers promote tolerance, even as they nurture the personal identity of each child and each tradition. By the age of 2, children in the daycare are already celebrating the holidays of the three monotheistic religions as well as marking the national memorial days of both cultures.
But they treat it like the plague.

They came at night. When the principal arrived in the morning to open the school, there were scores of stickers covering the outside walls, the main entrance and the surrounding fence. The stickers, like the school’s motto, were bilingual, in Hebrew and in Arabic. In Hebrew they read “Don’t you even dare to think about a Jewess,” while in Arabic the warning was slightly different: “Don’t you dare touch a Jewess.” Under the threats there was also a phone number for people who wish to “report incidents of assimilation and provide donations.”
You know just how fucked up a country is, when they treat a school (that teaches mutual respect between cultures), as a threat to its national security.

The school where the warning was posted is called Hagar, or Hajjar in Arabic, and is one of only five non-segregated Jewish-Arab schools in Israel.

Within this bilingual space Hagar encourages direct contact with the heritage, customs and historical narrative of both ethnic groups. The teachers promote tolerance, even as they nurture the personal identity of each child and each tradition. By the age of 2, children in the daycare are already celebrating the holidays of the three monotheistic religions as well as marking the national memorial days of both cultures.

So consumed with your Jew hatred that you don't even realise that there is no evidence of who did this.

there are posters and stickers and graffiti ALL OVER my city------some jerk even managed
to CLIMB over a few roofs and place by PRECARIOUS BALANCE ACT----a star of david
and a swatsticka (spelling?) on the side of my little house------not even an issue for me.
Real bigots---like those of southern USA and those of ummah variety do not stick
stickers------they slit throats and hang children

All it 'proves' is that SOME people somewhere in Israel are bigots - not who, not how many, not if anyone else supports them.

If you want to judge all of Israel - either the nation or the people - by one incident of bigoted vandalism, that's your right. Of course it makes you look like a raving idiot bigot yourself, but that's nothing new.

issuu.com/biznessmagazine/docs/pesach_2014_issuu

When I googled the phone number, the above was the single result.

So consumed with your Jew hatred that you don't even realise that there is no evidence of who did this.

The oldest students are only 11

All it 'proves' is that SOME people somewhere in Israel are bigots - not who, not how many, not if anyone else supports them.

If you want to judge all of Israel - either the nation or the people - by one incident of bigoted vandalism, that's your right. Of course it makes you look like a raving idiot bigot yourself, but that's nothing new.
I'm fully aware that Israel has bigots. Probably not as many as we do, but I'm sure they got'em. I'm also sure that some are Jewish-bigots and some are Arab-bigots. And it doesn't matter which bigot put up the stickers, it's just a fucked thing to do, to such a noteworthy school.

Here you have a school that embraces both cultures, tells the kids not to hide (or feel bad) about their heritage, but to celebrate it out in the open, with kids from other cultures. They celebrate Independence Day and Nakba Day. They celebrate Hanukah and Ramadan.

How could anyone not like this school?

I'm fully aware that Israel has bigots. Probably not as many as we do, but I'm sure they got'em. I'm also sure that some are Jewish-bigots and some are Arab-bigots. And it doesn't matter which bigot put up the stickers, it's just a fucked thing to do, to such a noteworthy school.

Here you have a school that embraces both cultures, tells the kids not to hide (or feel bad) about their heritage, but to celebrate it out in the open, with kids from other cultures. They celebrate Independence Day and Nakba Day. They celebrate Hanukah and Ramadan.

How could anyone not like this school?

Lots of people do not want their children to be exposed to
"other cultures" ------that is why there are PAROCHIAL
schools In many Islamic societies just handing
a bible to a muslim is considered a CRIME----in fact in
shariah law------it is a capital crime. When I was a kid---
some catholic kids refused to read the required "five verses"
out of the bible-------(after we sang "my country, tis of thee...."
for whatever reason they were not supposed to read the bible ??? ]
so they didn't There are muslim in the US who have
objected to public school observance of easter----jelly beans and all

I don't like jelly beans, either.

I blame Reagan for that one.

I don't like jelly beans, either.

I blame Reagan for that one.
\\

I like jelly beans-----but only the ones made with pectin----
there exists in the world a cheap knock off ---somehow made
with some weird combination of corn starch and corn syrup
look for the word PECTIN in the list of ingredients-----I also avoid
the black ones and the green ones-----watermelon flavor is terrific---
the green ones are minty (yuck)----but there are LIGHT green ones
that are more like limey ----they are ok. I see no reason to punch
all jelly beans just because of a political affiliations----collective bean

issuu.com/biznessmagazine/docs/pesach_2014_issuu

When I googled the phone number, the above was the single result.

It is the number of an extremist Jewish group with less than 100 members that does not want Jews to marry outside their faith. So the attack could have been carried out by anyone to place the blame on the Jews.

Awful. Billo, thanks for calling attention to this. Looks like racism pure and simple.

Forum List

Back