Why Would Bigots Attack a Jewish-Arab School in Israel That Teaches...

Nobody ever claimed that Israelis were all perfect, or that there were no bigots in Israel.

It's nasty, stupid and low, yes. Not nearly as filthy and vile as partying over the fact that three teenagers were kidnapped, or sending rockets into the Negev where they are just as likely to kill a goat or a Bedouin as any Jews........

It's just as vile Marge...none of those things are good, why not just condemn them for what they are?

Ah, so posting nasty stickers on a building is the same as shooting rockets which injure, maim, and kill?

I don't think they're 'just as vile'.

And Hostility and Billo have repeatedly *supported* the rocket attacks which may kill Lipush someday: they certainly have done anything BUT condemn them.

Its sad to think that WHEN those kids do fall in love with each other, as people do, they will likely have to leave Israel?

Its sad to think that WHEN those kids do fall in love with each other, as people do, they will likely have to leave Israel?

Sadder still is the fact that there are kids being murdered because they marry out of their religion or their sect.

Ah, so posting nasty stickers on a building is the same as shooting rockets which injure, maim, and kill?
No, they are not.

I don't think they're 'just as vile'.
Neither do I.

And Hostility and Billo have repeatedly *supported* the rocket attacks which may kill Lipush someday: they certainly have done anything BUT condemn them.
I have never supported the rocket attacks and have condemned them more than once.

Why do you lie? Show me where I said I supported them. If you don't, then shut your fucking mouth!

Nobody ever claimed that Israelis were all perfect, or that there were no bigots in Israel.

It's nasty, stupid and low, yes. Not nearly as filthy and vile as partying over the fact that three teenagers were kidnapped, or sending rockets into the Negev where they are just as likely to kill a goat or a Bedouin as any Jews........
Thanks to Israeli bulldozers...

...what is there to hit?

...Tolerance and Respect?

This reminds me of the old Jim Crow south.

They came at night. When the principal arrived in the morning to open the school, there were scores of stickers covering the outside walls, the main entrance and the surrounding fence. The stickers, like the school’s motto, were bilingual, in Hebrew and in Arabic. In Hebrew they read “Don’t you even dare to think about a Jewess,” while in Arabic the warning was slightly different: “Don’t you dare touch a Jewess.” Under the threats there was also a phone number for people who wish to “report incidents of assimilation and provide donations.”
You know just how fucked up a country is, when they treat a school (that teaches mutual respect between cultures), as a threat to its national security.

Israeli's should be proud of this school.

Within this bilingual space Hagar encourages direct contact with the heritage, customs and historical narrative of both ethnic groups. The teachers promote tolerance, even as they nurture the personal identity of each child and each tradition. By the age of 2, children in the daycare are already celebrating the holidays of the three monotheistic religions as well as marking the national memorial days of both cultures.
But they treat it like the plague.

Awful. Billo, thanks for calling attention to this. Looks like racism pure and simple.
nah not racism, its religious hatred. During the troubles similar schools in Northern Ireland faced the same problems.

nah not racism, its religious hatred. During the troubles similar schools in Northern Ireland faced the same problems.
Watch it! I'm an Irish Catholic.

Well, go ahead and say what you want.

Just don't talk about our drinking!

Watch it! I'm an Irish Catholic.

Well, go ahead and say what you want.

Just don't talk about our drinking!
I'm a jew, I was taught how to make pipe bombs by a Fenian in Donegal Town. I showed him how to strip a bren gun blindfolded.The Irish love killing in the name of jebus.

They came at night. When the principal arrived in the morning to open the school, there were scores of stickers covering the outside walls, the main entrance and the surrounding fence. The stickers, like the school’s motto, were bilingual, in Hebrew and in Arabic. In Hebrew they read “Don’t you even dare to think about a Jewess,” while in Arabic the warning was slightly different: “Don’t you dare touch a Jewess.” Under the threats there was also a phone number for people who wish to “report incidents of assimilation and provide donations.”
You know just how fucked up a country is, when they treat a school (that teaches mutual respect between cultures), as a threat to its national security.

The school where the warning was posted is called Hagar, or Hajjar in Arabic, and is one of only five non-segregated Jewish-Arab schools in Israel.

Within this bilingual space Hagar encourages direct contact with the heritage, customs and historical narrative of both ethnic groups. The teachers promote tolerance, even as they nurture the personal identity of each child and each tradition. By the age of 2, children in the daycare are already celebrating the holidays of the three monotheistic religions as well as marking the national memorial days of both cultures.

"Attack a school"?

Did they kill anyone?

I'd say the title has nothing to do with the context.

"Attacking" with stickers?

I'd say the message is disrespectful and insulting, but "attack a school"? please.

All it 'proves' is that SOME people somewhere in Israel are bigots - not who, not how many, not if anyone else supports them.

If you want to judge all of Israel - either the nation or the people - by one incident of bigoted vandalism, that's your right. Of course it makes you look like a raving idiot bigot yourself, but that's nothing new.
I'm fully aware that Israel has bigots. Probably not as many as we do, but I'm sure they got'em. I'm also sure that some are Jewish-bigots and some are Arab-bigots. And it doesn't matter which bigot put up the stickers, it's just a fucked thing to do, to such a noteworthy school.

Here you have a school that embraces both cultures, tells the kids not to hide (or feel bad) about their heritage, but to celebrate it out in the open, with kids from other cultures. They celebrate Independence Day and Nakba Day. They celebrate Hanukah and Ramadan.

How could anyone not like this school?

Now I don't like this school.

The Nakba day is that day when Arab whine they couldn't kill the Jews in 1948.

There is no reason why any Jew should feel bad about it.

Awful. Billo, thanks for calling attention to this. Looks like racism pure and simple.

It is.

But it's nothing compared to the Arab racism. Same one you claim doesn't exist and you could care less about it

"Attack a school"?

Did they kill anyone?

I'd say the message is disrespectful and insulting, but "attack a school"? please.
The posters were meant to intimidate so it was an attack.

"Attack a school"?

Did they kill anyone?

The posters were meant to intimidate so it was an attack.

Attack is physical.

When Arabs attack Jews, it's "freeom fighting", but when Jews hang stickers it's a "national crime" or "attack".

Worse things have happened in Israel.

Let it be that ALL ATTACKS will be only through stickers.

All it 'proves' is that SOME people somewhere in Israel are bigots - not who, not how many, not if anyone else supports them.

If you want to judge all of Israel - either the nation or the people - by one incident of bigoted vandalism, that's your right. Of course it makes you look like a raving idiot bigot yourself, but that's nothing new.
I'm fully aware that Israel has bigots. Probably not as many as we do, but I'm sure they got'em. I'm also sure that some are Jewish-bigots and some are Arab-bigots. And it doesn't matter which bigot put up the stickers, it's just a fucked thing to do, to such a noteworthy school.

Here you have a school that embraces both cultures, tells the kids not to hide (or feel bad) about their heritage, but to celebrate it out in the open, with kids from other cultures. They celebrate Independence Day and Nakba Day. They celebrate Hanukah and Ramadan.

I'm a jew and a vet and I would support any organisation that promotes harmony.

"Nakba day" is not about harmony. Nakba day is about a war opened by Arabs, war which they have lost.

Israeli children should not feel bad about not being killed in 1948.

What's next? apologize to the Arabs for breathing?

"Nakba day" is not about harmony. Nakba day is about a war opened by Arabs, war which they have lost.

do these schools promote harmony?

do these schools promote harmony?

harmony is understanding of both ways. Nakba day is about war for destruction.

"Hamony" for nakba day? that's rediculous.

Forum List

Back