Why you changed religions.....

Dhara

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2015
Was it gradual or all at once? For me, it was over a period of time.

I stopped finding any value in the religion I was born into.

Yeah I think it has to be gradual if it's going to mean anything.

I couldn't say I "changed religions". That implies trading one in for another. For me it was more like trading a structure for the freedom to freelance.

My family never really spoke much of religion when I was a kid. I always felt fortunate for that. We were allowed to make our own choices as we went along. For a fairly short period I was kinda religious (Christian), but fell out of religion once again. As I grew up and studied more about the universe I felt no need for it.

Yeah I think it has to be gradual if it's going to mean anything.

I couldn't say I "changed religions". That implies trading one in for another. For me it was more like trading a structure for the freedom to freelance.

I had to practice putting on my no Gawd glasses for about a week, before I was willing to admit that I had finally given up on believing.

I saw and later learned so much about other people and faiths, they could not all be right.
I was disillusioned by the hate taught by faiths against others. I saw the harm religion had done, more than the benefit.

I enjoyed a good myth, but I stopped believing in them, past or present. I saw how religion was misused. I took a little from all but as an organization, I wanted no part in the hypocrisy or indoctrination.

When you grow up in the hearth of 21 religions, it is hard to believe any one is right. When you travel the world and see how many religions there are, how can anyone believe theirs is the only true religions and everyone else is wrong, or worse sinful and going to hell.

For me it became no what you believe but how you live your life and treat others in the world that was important.

Reason and knowledge took the place of a need for god.

Fairy tales are for children

Well my family from my grandmother side is one of the oldest Catholic Families in the world, and my father was Catholic, and my mother was Jewish but I was raised by my Aunt and Uncle and my Aunt was Jewish and my Uncle was Mennonite that converted to Unitarian and I am a Unitarian Taoist...

So the transformation is a long process and still going on!

I lost faith in Louis Farrakhan after hearing him say that the murder of Malcolm X is NOT the business of all Blacks, while Mr. X was a servant of all Blacks.

Also Farrakhan and some of his cronies attacked me in my home just for using free speech.

F*ck him, them, and all that they stand for.

for some unfortunate children growing up there was never time for religion, the unfortuness was enough for a lifetime.

Never Changed religions still a Christian, but stopped going to the Catholic church years ago, I tried Baptist , Methodist and Lutheran now I go to a new age type of Christian church were they play killer loud songs and the preacher is kind of good.

New spring....

Welcome | NewSpring Church

ALL religions r wrong xcept 4 the Bible. no1has ever proved that the Bible aint real

Wrong both in fact and translations. They might be good moral stories and have some historical fact, but there is much that is inaccurate or out right myth.

As an inspired book, it serves a purpose, as a historical or scientific book it can be picked apart. Many of the so called miracles can be explained naturally, not godly.

Much in the bible cannot be proved factual. Some is appallingly ungodlike.

Keep your bible, but don't proselytize on the forums.

Don't let the hate of all those "you" see as wrong eat away at you, They are people too and have a right to their own beliefs or rational thought.

Maybe you are the one that is wrong?

ALL religions r wrong xcept 4 the Bible. no1has ever proved that the Bible aint real

Wrong both in fact and translations. They might be good moral stories and have some historical fact, but there is much that is inaccurate or out right myth.

How do you know, except that it comes from your own faith?

History (any history), especially older than 2000 years, can hardly be proven or verifiable. It's a matter of human witnessing. The only difference between history and a religious book is that history is how humans recorded down what lying within our knowledge thus making sense to us. Religious claims on the other hand can be records of supernatural activities thus may lie outside our comprehension. Both can be lies though (i.e., both can hold the truth).

Today, people's arrogance may have assumed that everything should be within our knowledge thus what lying outside our knowledge are thus 'myths'.

The Bible could be the only book which is reconcilable such that the theological contents we read today remain the same as humans read some 2000 years ago.

As for the OT, we have a whole library (i.e., the Dead Sea Scrolls) to make its theological contents reconcilable. As for the NT, we have 2 independent manuscripts, namely the NIV and KJV Biblle streams, for us to reconcile its theological contents.

God makes the Bible the only human book which is reconcilable for humans today and 2000 years ago to read the same messages and to get to the same salvation.

Last edited:

How do you know, except that it comes from your own faith?

History (any history), especially older than 2000 years, can hardly be proven or verifiable. It's a matter of human witnessing. The only difference between history and a religious book is that history is how humans recorded down what lying within our knowledge thus making sense to us. Religious claims on the other hand can be records of supernatural activities thus may lie outside our comprehension. Both can be lies though (i.e., both can hold the truth).

Today, people's arrogance may have assumed that everything should be within our knowledge thus what lying outside our knowledge are thus 'myths'.

The Bible could be the only book which is reconcilable such that the theological contents we read today remain the same as humans read some 2000 years ago.

As for the OT, we have a whole library (i.e., the Dead Sea Scrolls) to make its theological contents reconcilable. As for the NT, we have 2 independent manuscripts, namely the NIV and KJV Biblle streams, for us to reconcile its theological contents.

God makes the Bible the only human book which is reconcilable for humans today and 2000 years ago to read the same messages and to get to the same salvation.

man made the bible

I'M CHANGING TO MUSLIM 5 MINUTES BEFORE I DIE. 72 VIRGINS ARE HARD TO PASS UP. I'VE HAD ONLY ABOUT HALF THAT MANY IN THIS LIFE.

Belief is a choice. The unfortunate thing is that so many never experience that such is the fact. They are 'born' into a faith and do not realize alternatives exist.
The fact is, God could not be like any religion describes.

It was over a course of years. First in realizing the serious deficiencies of the believers, then of the Bible itself, then of the whole business of magical thinking.

I'M CHANGING TO MUSLIM 5 MINUTES BEFORE I DIE. 72 VIRGINS ARE HARD TO PASS UP. I'VE HAD ONLY ABOUT HALF THAT MANY IN THIS LIFE.

That many women, you don't think that would be a big headache? Some might consider so many women a punishment not a pleasure.

Some men can't handle one wife and a few daughters in the same home.

Forum List

Back