Will California secede

News today is that some folks in California want to secede from the union. Suppose they succeed what would be the chances of that economic morsel remaining independent? Mexico could scoop it up or other states in the region could join and follow California and become too big to swallow, or a union of South West states plus California could gobble up Mexico.

The possibilities would titillating.. Be careful what you wish for. Exciting to contemplate.

Cheers,

I sure hope not, I want to stay in the US.

Will they? Of course not. Should they? Probably. The "State of Jefferson" people might try to secede from California and remain in the U.S., like West Virginia did, but California could easily stand on their own. They could elect Nancy Pelosi prime minister, and maybe take Oregon and Washington with them. Honestly I don't understand why anybody opposes the idea of secession. Why do conservatives want to be in a union with California or New England? Why do progressives want to be in a union with most of the south? Break up the Union and let's all be friendly neighbors.

LMAO

-Geaux

As the Trump administration mulls the cost (and payments) for 'the wall' with Mexico, some have suggested the barrier be extended a little...

h/t The Lonely Libertarian

A proposal for California to break away from the United States has been submitted to the Secretary of State's Office in the state capital. If it qualifies, it could trigger a vote on whether the most populous US state should become a separate nation. As RT reports, the group behind the proposal, Yes California Independence Campaign, was cleared on Thursday by Californian Secretary of State Alex Padilla to begin the bid to collect some 600,000 voter signatures required to put the ambitious plan on the ballot, AP reported.

The initiative would ask voters to repeal part of the state constitution that declares California an “inseparable part of the United States of America.”

Being a US state is “no longer serving California’s best interests,” the movement claims.

Not only is California forced to subsidize this massive military budget with our taxes, but Californians are sent off to fight in wars that often do more to perpetuate terrorism than to abate it. The only reason terrorists might want to attack us is because we are part of the United States and are guilty by association. Not being a part of that country will make California a less likely target of retaliation by its enemies,” the campaign argues, among other things

Trump Administration Releases Map Of Proposed Border Wall | Zero Hedge

Let's hope they secede from the Union.

Actually let's hope all the Libs move to Canada.

News today is that some folks in California want to secede from the union. Suppose they succeed what would be the chances of that economic morsel remaining independent? Mexico could scoop it up or other states in the region could join and follow California and become too big to swallow, or a union of South West states plus California could gobble up Mexico.

The possibilities would titillating.. Be careful what you wish for. Exciting to contemplate.

Cheers,

You'd get a hard on over that? Really? hhhmmmm

California is a shit hole. How do I know? I lived in Oxnard for 37 years. Retired June 30th and left 1-July

The state is beautiful but is overrun with wetbacks and left wing nut jobs....

And a whole bunch of fags

-Geaux

And the day you left for your new home the IQ of both places went up...

Will they? Of course not. Should they? Probably. The "State of Jefferson" people might try to secede from California and remain in the U.S., like West Virginia did, but California could easily stand on their own. They could elect Nancy Pelosi prime minister, and maybe take Oregon and Washington with them. Honestly I don't understand why anybody opposes the idea of secession. Why do conservatives want to be in a union with California or New England? Why do progressives want to be in a union with most of the south? Break up the Union and let's all be friendly neighbors.

if you did that the left would have nothing to whine about. And the right would have nothing to feel smug and superior about..

That would be the best thing they could do, I only hope the morons can't come back to the US. Because not soon after they will realize what they did.
These idiots are nothing but pure dumb asses..... It will also hep to keep them the FK out of the US because these same idiots hate the laws they create , then move to another state trying to create those same laws.

I mean gawd damn how moronic do you have to be not to see that bs.

View attachment 109015

Calexit backers can begin collecting signatures to qualify for 2018 ballot
from your link

Proponents have until July 25 to collect 585,407 valid voter signatures to qualify for the November 2018 ballot.

The proposed measure would strike language from the California Constitution defining the state as “an inseparable part of the United States of America, and the United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land.” If it passed, there would be a statewide special election in March 2019 to ask voters if they want California to become an independent country.

State campaign finance records show that Yes California has opened a fundraising committee but has not reported any contributions. Besides the measure’s long odds of qualifying for the ballot, let alone passing at the polls, any effort by California to leave the U.S. likely would require an amendment to the U.S. Constitution. That would require approval by two-thirds of Congress and three-quarters of the states.

if you did that the left would have nothing to whine about. And the right would have nothing to feel smug and superior about..
To quote Dr. Malcolm from Jurassic Park, "Life finds a way."

Let them secede. Then Mexico will invade and overtake them because they can't fight without an army and they will want to escape to the US and Trump will vet the California refugees and keep all of the left wingers out.
so who is to say all those military bases would be going....what if they decide they want to stay?.....
They don't belong to CA.

California is a shit hole. How do I know? I lived in Oxnard for 37 years. Retired June 30th and left 1-July

The state is beautiful but is overrun with wetbacks and left wing nut jobs....

And a whole bunch of fags

-Geaux

Well I'm thankful wetbacks and left wingers are running bigots like you out of the state. Kudos to them.

You seriously cannot think calling hispanics wetbacks is ok.

3/4 of the states, I can imagine that they could damn near get that their so off the deep end.

I'd vote to let them go.

Wow, the headlines this morning are reporting the idea is gaining popularity and the comments are mostly in favor of the golden state leaving.

Cheers,
As of right now, only a few states can legally secede. Not sure if CA is one of them.

Imagine a California - a rogue nation NOT a part of NATO - and Mexico decides it wants its property back. Any American president who lifted a finger in their behalf should be tried as a traitor.

Let them secede. Then Mexico will invade and overtake them because they can't fight without an army and they will want to escape to the US and Trump will vet the California refugees and keep all of the left wingers out.
so who is to say all those military bases would be going....what if they decide they want to stay?.....
They don't belong to CA.
read the last half of what i said....

Forum List

Back