Debate Now Will Disney Wind Up Going Out Of Business?

It's up to the stockholders. Disney can break up the same way it was built, asset by asset.

Will Disney Wind Up Going Out Of Business?​

Not in OUR lifetime.

They've got their corrupt, sticky fingers in so many "pots", 2/3's of their brand names in "entertainment" would have to completely shut down in order for them to declare bankruptcy. And in order for Disney itself to fail and go out of business, people would have to completely stop buying, renting, paying for their movies and tv shows, and completely stop going to their theme parks and never buying their character merch ever again.

Considering DisneyLand Paris has been deemed a complete failure........it's STILL open for business, even though it looses more money than it brings in. So, this itself is a good indicator they got more money than they can shove into the Dems' pockets for bribes.

I honestly can't think of any rules, I just didn't think that this was clean debate friendly. I've been wondering this for awhile now because due to the fact that Disney has been losing its popularity ever since the war with Ron DeSantis on the don't say gay bill, it has to be losing LOTS of money.

The way I see it right now is that Disney has two options. Either to stop all this woke agenda crap and go back to being family friendly OR that it should shut its doors for good.

Now I would really hate to see the latter happen because I grew up on Disney (I've also been to Walt Disney World quote a few times in my youth) and I still love all of the old films. With a few exceptions (so far sequels to the older movies) I can't stand the new Disney. So what do you guys think? Is Disney truly on its deathbed now?

Edit: I just heard that Bob Iger is returning, maybe that'll wind up saving the Disney company. :D
Disney does not need saving. Disney set new record for revenue in 2022 of 85 billion an increase of 22%. In the latest quarter, Disney earnings were up 8%. So far Santo's war on Disney seems to have had very little effect on the bottom due primary to Disney's diversification. Any increase in cost to Disney World will likely be passed on in higher admission costs which has never discouraged admission. The question in a lots of minds is will other businesses in the effected counties be able to do the same.

IMHO, Santos attack on Disney will have no major effect. Disney World is only 5% to 7% of the Disney empire revenue. Disney World will be raking in the millions a day long after Santos is gone from public office.

Last edited:
Disney set new record for revenue in 2022 of 85 billion an increase of 22%. In the latest quarter, Disney earnings were up 8%. So far Santo's war on Disney seems to have had very little effect on the bottom due primary to Disney's diversification. Any increase in cost to Disney World will likely be passed on in higher admission costs which have never discouraged admission. The question in a lots of minds is will other businesses in the effected counties be able to do the same.

IMHO, Santos attack on Disney will have no major effect. Disney World is only 5% to 7% of the Disney empire. Disney World will be raking in the millions a day long after Santos is gone.
DeSantis too

Actually, Santos helped Walt Disney name Mickey Mouse

Last edited:
DO not keep tabs on Disney World.
Was surprised when my friends son took his kids there late last year,
just how jam packed the place was & how much it cost to go.
IF they have more people than they can accommodate
they cant be doing badly.
and reality is. most of us could care less about other peoples sex preferences

DO not keep tabs on Disney World.
Was surprised when my friends son took his kids there late last year,
just how jam packed the place was & how much it cost to go.
IF they have more people than they can accommodate
they cant be doing badly.
and reality is. most of us could care less about other peoples sex preferences
Like Yogi Bear said…..

Nobody goes there anymore, It’s too crowded

Lets see…

Disney owns Disney properties, Disney films, Marvel Comics, Star Wars, ABC networks and more

I think they are doing fine
IBM thought that too... as did GM... as did RCA... as did G.E.
Disney is not going anywhere for a long time. Not because they are so awesome, they are not, but because they are so big. They bought all of their competitors. Ruined them all... but they are no longer competing with them.
But, having said that, if they don't stop doing what they are doing now... they will end. No doubt.
In the past 16 months they have wiped out all the rebound they made after Covid. There is no reason they should be in a LARGER free fall than Covid.
All in all, I think eventually, probably late this year or early next year we are going to see major changes in both their management,,, but also their content. They can't keep where they are.

IBM thought that too... as did GM... as did RCA... as did G.E.
Disney is not going anywhere for a long time. Not because they are so awesome, they are not, but because they are so big. They bought all of their competitors. Ruined them all... but they are no longer competing with them.
But, having said that, if they don't stop doing what they are doing now... they will end. No doubt.
In the past 16 months they have wiped out all the rebound they made after Covid. There is no reason they should be in a LARGER free fall than Covid.
All in all, I think eventually, probably late this year or early next year we are going to see major changes in both their management,,, but also their content. They can't keep where they are.
Disney is diversified throughout the entertainment and media fields
Conservative boycotts will not harm them

Disney is diversified throughout the entertainment and media fields
Conservative boycotts will not harm them
It isn't conservative boycotts.
It is general "boycotts" of sorts.
Disney+ is a disaster. All of Disney content for all to see for only $4.99 a month!!
WOW!!... but... yeah... underwhelming. They can't make money at it. It is bleeding money.
All the good stuff is old. People already seen it a couple times at least.

It isn't conservative boycotts.
It is general "boycotts" of sorts.
Disney+ is a disaster. All of Disney content for all to see for only $4.99 a month!!
WOW!!... but... yeah... underwhelming. They can't make money at it. It is bleeding money.
All the good stuff is old. People already seen it a couple times at least.
We have Disney+
My wife loves it, I never watch

If you love Marvel Universe stuff, Star Wars and Classic Disney movies, it is the place to be

Nope...that's not what it means. Woke = empathy for others.
C'mon. It's more than that. It's similar to the Christian concept of being "saved". It implies enlightenment that the "sleepers" can't see. That's where the condescending presumptions get a bit stanky.

Nope...that's not what it means. Woke = empathy for others.
During the 2014 Ferguson protests, the word woke was popularized by BLM activists seeking to raise awareness about police shootings of African Americans.

Conservatives latched on to the word and redefined it to mean a group of people who they believe are receiving undue special treatment or attention. At first it was Blacks, then gays, lesbians, transsexualities, illegal immigrants, prisoners, Asians, Latinos, assertive women who reject the traditional subservant role to men, and just about any group not favored by conservatives such groups as women's right to choose, social welfare advocates, and liberals in general.

The using the word tells you more about the person using it than what it means. Most anyone that uses the word to describe a group is a conservative, often a racist, misogynist, homophobic, or Xenophobic.

Last edited:
During the 2014 Ferguson protests, the word woke was popularized by BLM activists seeking to raise awareness about police shootings of African Americans.

Conservatives latched on to the word and redefined it to mean a group of people who they believe are receiving undue special treatment or attention. At first it was Blacks, then gays, lesbians, transsexualities, illegal immigrants, prisoners, Asians, Latinos, assertive women who reject the traditional subservant role to men, and just about any group not favored by conservatives such groups as women's right to choose, social welfare advocates, and liberals in general.

The using the word tells you more about the person using it than what it means. Most anyone that uses the word to describe a group is a conservative, often a racist, misogynist, homophobic, or Xenophobic.
Hilarious.
You are one devoted member, I'll tell you that.
So implicitly stupid as to call probably 80% of the nation racist, sexist, homophobic. "Woke" is used by both liberals and conservative.
Holy Cow how ignorant people are.
And also the term woke and stay woke was first used in the 1940s primarily by black Americans, but soon adopted also by white Americans sensitive to both racial and social injustice.
People who use it to describe people who fawn over perceived social injustices is an entirely accurate use of a term that meant both racial and social injustice.

Last edited:
Hilarious.
You are one devoted member, I'll tell you that.
So implicitly stupid as to call probably 80% of the nation racist, sexist, homophobic. "Woke" is used by both liberals and conservative.
Holy Cow how ignorant people are.
And also the term woke and stay woke was first used in the 1940s primarily by black Americans, but soon adopted also by white Americans sensitive to both racial and social injustice.
People who use it to describe people who fawn over perceived social injustices is an entirely accurate use of a term that meant both racial and social injustice.
Republicans use the term “woke” as a dog whistle to rally conservatives against any effort to fix an injustice or help people who are being persecuted

Republicans use the term “woke” as a dog whistle to rally conservatives against any effort to fix an injustice or help people who are being persecuted
Domocrats use the term "woke" as a dog whistle to rally liberals around their need to virtue signal and create faux injustice which actually only creates new injustice on others.

Forum List

Back