Will foreign interference via social media effect the outcome of the Midterms 2018

Opinyin

Feb 26, 2018
Its a big risk and foreign powers could be using social media to destabilize America. Now people are more aware of this, will this effect how much social media influences how they vote?

If the amount of people on this forum spreading fake news is any indication, then the answer is yes

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's being used to destabilize our society right now. Kicking a few russian accounts off of Facebook didn't get them all.

It's being used to destabilize our society right now. Kicking a few russian accounts off of Facebook didn't get them all.

We got so fed up with fake news, manipulation, lack of democracy & equality, and abuse on social media platforms trying to screw up society that we built a new platform that aims to deal with all this. its a free app on both Apple and Google Play stores. Links on our website.

We got so fed up with fake news, manipulation, lack of democracy & equality, and abuse on social media platforms trying to screw up society that we built a new platform that aims to deal with all this. its a free app on both Apple and Google Play stores. Links on our website.
So that's what your ass is doing here.....You should be ashamed..I'll take two...

Its a big risk and foreign powers could be using social media to destabilize America. Now people are more aware of this, will this effect how much social media influences how they vote?
could be?

they seem to be doing quite well thanks to those easy to panic and blame the wrong people.

No. There are scant few undecideds in America today.

Depends. How stupid and lazy have Americans become?

`
I don't really care. Stupid people don't need the Russians in order to believe in the crap they believe now. I watch no TV news, only listen to WPR when I'm traveling by car and don't pay any attention to what social sites say about anything. So who believes in Russian propagandists? The weak minded.
`

I'll check it out. What is it called?

So ... You are going to negate the influence of opinion by offering yours ... :dunno:

Well, there are only two parties to vote for, and Trump seems to be making the Republicans quite unpopular, but you never know.

We can’t quantify who if anyone was influenced by the Ruskies during the presidential election, so I doubt we will know for the midterms. I will tell you this, anybody who does admit to being influenced by social media should have their voter registration pulled.

Nope...while the the Russians may have tried to sway the election..their larger goal was to destabilize our society. The degree to which they succeeded is open for debate. Now that most of us know that foreign powers are players on our social media, I think most thinking citizens will just not give social media the same weight they once did...read the posts..but not really buy into them to the same degree.

BTW...nice solicitation attempt. No thank you...you're a player too...and your motives are unknown.I suspect just another attempt to make a buck.

The best cure for attempts to sway people via social media is a healthy dose of skepticism.

Got it. They want us to do their demographic research for them. It's got nothing to do with whether anything is true or false, It just determines what people believe.

But that is pretty much what a democracy is ... No false advertising anyway ... :21:

Forum List

Back