Will Mrs Obama just bully her way in?

Topeka HS grads and family members object to the prospect of Mrs Obama's invitation to address graduation ceremony. Cite concerns over logistics and ticket limits.
Parents, kids don?t want first lady at HS graduation | New York Post.
IMO it is an honor for the the wife of the sitting president to speak at a HS graduation. However, in deference to the parents and family members, perhaps she should step back from this one.
Not a political discussion. But one of consideration for the families and friends of the grads.
After all, this is a one time event.

Perhaps you should make an effort to find out what percentage of those involved are objecting to the visit. That is very important, is it not? Is it a majority of students?

Not a political discussion? That's funny.
If you had bothered to read my OP I stated clearly that it would be an honor for the wife of the sitting president to visit a high school graduation ceremony.
Now you tell me, oh great one, in that statement in the context in which the thread was developed, do you see politics?
Do yourself a favor, don't try so hard to see things that are not there.

Topeka HS grads and family members object to the prospect of Mrs Obama's invitation to address graduation ceremony. Cite concerns over logistics and ticket limits.
IMO it is an honor for the the wife of the sitting president to speak at a HS graduation. However, in deference to the parents and family members, perhaps she should step back from this one.
Not a political discussion. But one of consideration for the families and friends of the grads.

Perhaps you should make an effort to find out what percentage of those involved are objecting to the visit. That is very important, is it not? Is it a majority of students?

If you had bothered to read my OP I stated clearly that it would be an honor for the wife of the sitting president to visit a high school graduation ceremony.
Now you tell me, oh great one, in that statement in the context in which the thread was developed, do you see politics?

You went fishing for political replies. You are transparent.

Ok...That's all. You had nothing to add to the discussion and went on the attack.
Went fishing.
If I wanted this to be a political discussion, I'd have expressed my opinion of Mrs Obama. I deliberately left that out.
It is YOU who saw a political angle. That is YOUR cross to bear.

Ok...That's all. You had nothing to add to the discussion and went on the attack.
Went fishing.
If I wanted this to be a political discussion, I'd have expressed my opinion of Mrs Obama. I deliberately left that out.

You think it would be an honor to have the First Lady speak at the ceremony....but you think she ought to decline.

Is that supposed to make real sense?

Why put this in a forum that is 100% politics day in and day out? Why not have your innocent discussion in one of the less political arenas? Why the dopey thread title?

Last edited:
Graduation is not occasioned by standing on a stage or sitting listening to bullshit. NO student who completed all the requirements can legally be denied a diploma.

It's simple enough; see how Moochelle likes ranting in front of an audience of empty chairs.

Every one of the graduation ceremonies I attended there was standing on a stage and sitting listening to bullshit.
Especially military graduations....

But you got your own graduation in HS probably? The date of your graduation was not changed and then you were not forced to graduate with 4 different schools, probably strangers. 800 people from 4 schools for graduation will take away from the students IMO.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-graduation-address-school-district-responds/

Last edited:

Went fishing.

Actually...by referring to Ms. Obama's possible appearance when invited as somehow "bullying"...U ARE injecting politics a-priori...and being intellectually dishonest in ur protests when folks respond in kind...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I just read the relevant article...it clearly states that the district indicated that the response to inviting Ms. Obama was largely positive...with the few exceptions being folks who just don't like the prez and/or his wife...
It would appear that the true bullies r those few...who would ruin the experience for all the rest if they had their way.
Each family was given 6 tickets...which is more than the norm...and the venue chosen has ample seating...
So...what was the REAL reason for those few killjoys to protest Michelle's Appearance?
Hmmmmm....

Last edited:
When I graduated HS we had one of the county commissioners give a speech. I thought it took attention away from the graduates and I never forgave him.

If the reports are true...

If the school invited her...

If she accepted...

If it appears that a majority of students and/or parents don't want her to speak...

She should probably cancel her appearance as graciously as possible and bestow her presence elsewhere, where it's actually wanted...

It is the epitome of good manners not to barge-in where you're not welcome...

If the reports are true...
Where it's wanted? Like at an all you can eat BBQ?
I bet you a million bucks in the first three sentences out of her mouth she will mention 'Bobocare'. Then move on the how the REPs HATE young people especially young women who just happen to be voting for the first time. And ESPECIALLY!!!!!! young Black kids who the REPs are trying to prevent from voting.

"Mischelle" and "bully" don't fit conceptually....She is one classy and tactful 1st lady...

Apparently you have no idea what the word bully means.

A bully is someone who forces you to deal with abuse or punishment.

Listening to Barack and Michelle is abuse. :D

At the time this article was published 1,200 students signed a petition to have Big Moo stay away. The first heifer ALWAYS talks about herself, and they wanted the focus of the day to be on the students not on Moo obama. They didn't want to have their own families unable to attend to make room for the Moo. They didn't want the graduation politicized and did not want a discussion of Brown v Board of Education which should be held at the site that led to the decision. Not steal their school or their day.

High school senior forms petition against Michele Obama | Mail Online

They are just the people, what do they know. Worship or else.

Only a very small minority protest. I was not at all worried that President Ford would take away from my graduation day.

Was he actually President when he did that? Because the Secret Service shows up with a lot more people for a sitting president than an ex one.

Yes, he was. And the security presence was not all that obvious.

That was a different world then, too.

At the time this article was published 1,200 students signed a petition to have Big Moo stay away. The first heifer ALWAYS talks about herself, and they wanted the focus of the day to be on the students not on Moo obama. They didn't want to have their own families unable to attend to make room for the Moo. They didn't want the graduation politicized and did not want a discussion of Brown v Board of Education which should be held at the site that led to the decision. Not steal their school or their day.

High school senior forms petition against Michele Obama | Mail Online

They are just the people, what do they know. Worship or else.

Obama hatred runs deep with conservatives

They would rather prevent all students the honor of meeting the first lady than allow their children to hear a speech from a liberal

Sad really

Forum List

Back