Will Mrs Obama just bully her way in?

I'm sure if they bring enough bananas then she'll behave and not throw dung at passerby. What Michelle Antoinette really owes that town and it's graduates is cake. Lot's of cake.

Come on now. I told another poster who is apparently a huge fan, that this thread was not necessarily about the First Lady and one's opinion of her as a person.
The purpose of this thread was to discuss the logistical issues caused by a visit such as this and whether or not the first lady should decline so that everyone invited can attend the graduation ceremony.

In that case, you care correct. When picking body parts in Joplin a few years ago the motorcade slowed us down. Ditto for this crap. They don't need secret service running around, people being padded down. It's crazy.

Last edited:
She could have armed agents point guns at the student's heads and force them to listen to a speech about how wonderful she is.

Those Topeka turds who object r off their rockers...their kids would be telling their kids about the truly fine and historic 1st lady speaking at their graduation...and they're going to deny them that!?!
For WHAT REASON REALLY, other than....

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Once again...This discussion is not related to your opinion of Mrs Obama. Nor is it a political discussion.
If you find yourself unable to stay within the boundaries of the debate, please unsubscribe.

Why do you constantly attempt to police the discussion? You want to be a mod?

Grow up.

You're darned right.
I am sick of the deflection and derailing. I'm tired of seeing posts that are off topic.
If you don't like it, don't post.
Stay on point.
If you cannot focus on the subject matter of the thread, it is you who needs to grow up..
Now, either contribute to the subject matter or move along.

Topeka HS grads and family members object to the prospect of Mrs Obama's invitation to address graduation ceremony. Cite concerns over logistics and ticket limits.
Parents, kids don?t want first lady at HS graduation | New York Post.
IMO it is an honor for the the wife of the sitting president to speak at a HS graduation. However, in deference to the parents and family members, perhaps she should step back from this one.
Not a political discussion. But one of consideration for the families and friends of the grads.
After all, this is a one time event.

Only a very small minority protest. I was not at all worried that President Ford would take away from my graduation day.

The story does not state the number of families/students in opposition.
As to your second point, that is precisely what I was looking for. A simple honest assessment of the matter at hand.

Topeka HS grads and family members object to the prospect of Mrs Obama's invitation to address graduation ceremony. Cite concerns over logistics and ticket limits.
IMO it is an honor for the the wife of the sitting president to speak at a HS graduation. However, in deference to the parents and family members, perhaps she should step back from this one.
Not a political discussion. But one of consideration for the families and friends of the grads.

Only a very small minority protest. I was not at all worried that President Ford would take away from my graduation day.

Was he actually President when he did that? Because the Secret Service shows up with a lot more people for a sitting president than an ex one.

I'm sure if they bring enough bananas then she'll behave and not throw dung at passerby. What Michelle Antoinette really owes that town and it's graduates is cake. Lot's of cake.

Come on now. I told another poster who is apparently a huge fan, that this thread was not necessarily about the First Lady and one's opinion of her as a person.
The purpose of this thread was to discuss the logistical issues caused by a visit such as this and whether or not the first lady should decline so that everyone invited can attend the graduation ceremony.

In that case, you care correct. When picking body parts in Joplin a few years ago the motorcade slowed us down. Ditto for this crap. They don't need secret service running around, people being padded down. It's crazy.

Jeez, you worked the recovery effort in Joplin? That's tough stuff.
Don't know if I could do that...

These are high school kids?

For the past four years Michelle Obama has been forcing them to eat carrots, broccoli, and brussels sprouts.

It is no wonder they do not want her to show up.

When it went from cool to blazing hot around memorial day then that was the worst. By the 3rd day after the event the place smelled like a battlefield of decaying meat, animals, and people. I was just a volunteer with a tetanus shot, a chainsaw, and a truck.
Nasty biz that is better off without D.C. tourists isn't much different than this event first bitch wants to attend.

Last edited:
Once again...This discussion is not related to your opinion of Mrs Obama. Nor is it a political discussion.
If you find yourself unable to stay within the boundaries of the debate, please unsubscribe.

Grow up.

You're darned right.
I am sick of the deflection and derailing. I'm tired of seeing posts that are off topic.
Stay on point.
If you cannot focus on the subject matter of the thread, it is you who needs to grow up..

The discussion will go where it goes. A nutter whining about deflection is just classic. You drop a turd.....and expect a flower to grow. When it does not....you start to try and boss people around.

If you weren't a low info sheep of a poster, you might have a beef.

Grow up.

You're darned right.
Stay on point.

The discussion will go where it goes. A nutter whining about deflection is just classic. You drop a turd.....and expect a flower to grow. When it does not....you start to try and boss people around.

If you weren't a low info sheep of a poster, you might have a beef.
I'm not bossing anyone around. It's a simple request of common sense to those who have a grasp on the concept. The ability to stay on point does not require much thought.
Like I said, you are free to disengage from the thread..
Don't make this personal....

When it went from cool to blazing hot around memorial day then that was the worst. By the 3rd day after the event the place smelled like a battlefield of decaying meat, animals, and people. I was just a volunteer with a tetanus shot, a chainsaw, and a truck.
Nasty biz that is better off without D.C. tourists isn't much different than this event first bitch wants to attend.
Did it not actually snow in that area shortly after the storm, then within a week and half it was in the upper 80's low 90's?
The weather was wild.

Perhaps you should make an effort to find out what percentage of those involved are objecting to the visit. That is very important, is it not? Is it a majority of students?

Not a political discussion? That's funny.

I certainly wouldn't want her indoctrinating my kids. What a blemish she would be on an otherwise special day.

Michelle Obama was asked because of the 60th Anniversary of the historic case Brown v. Board of Education which involved the Topeka School District.
The school board has plans to hold the graduation ceremony at a 8,000 seat stadium.
But let's continue the political flaming, because it's so easy to do.
I know I would have remembered my high school graduation ceremony much better if Nancy Reagan had been the keynote speaker instead of ???????! I don't remember.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back