Will Pelosi Send Impeachment to the Senate ?

I doubt McConnell can set a timeframe on the House since the House has sole power of impeachment and there are no timeframes specified in the Constitution. And if McConnell's goal is to simply dismiss the trial, he can bring that to a vote anyway whenever the Senate trial does begin.

And no, articles of impeachment do not expire at the end of the Congressional session. They carry over to the next session. It sounds plausible that under that scenario, the next House could vote to repeal the articles.
In which case the * goes away and no one can say Impeached Trump any more.
“The Senate shall try ALL impeachments”

No trial, no impeachment.
Badda boom
Pretty simple, really.

But the lefty simpletons on the board can’t comprehend it.
Better yet, it’s the rule of law. It’s just more the leftists don’t know our law
LOL

What a pity you can't actually quote any such law since none exists.

I answered a poster. The transcript was what this all was about. Shut up
NO, it (ie. the thread) is NOT about the transcript. It is about the question asked in the title >>
Post to that (the topic), or get out of the thread.
And I said she wouldn’t because there’s no crime in it. Abuse of power isn’t a crime and obstruction of Congress isn’t correct. It’s what I wrote. Now the reason we got to the transcript is that’s what the entire impeachment was about! What the fk is wrong with you?
Nothing. Now let's talk about just about every other poster in this thread .

The topic is the title, and the heart of the matter is (as I have repeated), the politics of sending to the Senate or not.

As there no intention of impeachment, but this is just an assinine means of tarnishing Trump, it's not necessary to talk about the transcript, or anything having to do with impeachment.

The Crux of all this is WHO gains from the blabbering going to the Senate, and who loses ?

Answer: Democrats lose, Republicans gain. This is why it will likely go nowhere, and a whole new impeachment masquerade will ensue, with new charges being concocted.

This will continue right up to the election. The Democrats have no issues to run on, so they rely on tarnishing Trump.

the intention passed the house. donny has been impeached & pelosi will not hang onto them thar articles indefinitely. learn to accept it b4 y'all float down denial river for everrrrrrr.....
Not impeached until the articles are handed to the senate, it’s a process dumb ass. You are an uniformed fk

You don't make the rules. The framers of the Constitution made the rules.

Trump has been impeached.

Badda boom
Pretty simple, really.

Better yet, it’s the rule of law. It’s just more the leftists don’t know our law
LOL

Directly from the Constitution. The supreme law of the land, Simpleton.

NO, it (ie. the thread) is NOT about the transcript. It is about the question asked in the title >>
Post to that (the topic), or get out of the thread.
And I said she wouldn’t because there’s no crime in it. Abuse of power isn’t a crime and obstruction of Congress isn’t correct. It’s what I wrote. Now the reason we got to the transcript is that’s what the entire impeachment was about! What the fk is wrong with you?

The topic is the title, and the heart of the matter is (as I have repeated), the politics of sending to the Senate or not.

As there no intention of impeachment, but this is just an assinine means of tarnishing Trump, it's not necessary to talk about the transcript, or anything having to do with impeachment.

The Crux of all this is WHO gains from the blabbering going to the Senate, and who loses ?

Answer: Democrats lose, Republicans gain. This is why it will likely go nowhere, and a whole new impeachment masquerade will ensue, with new charges being concocted.

This will continue right up to the election. The Democrats have no issues to run on, so they rely on tarnishing Trump.

the intention passed the house. donny has been impeached & pelosi will not hang onto them thar articles indefinitely. learn to accept it b4 y'all float down denial river for everrrrrrr.....
Not impeached until the articles are handed to the senate, it’s a process dumb ass. You are an uniformed fk

Not until presented to the Senate for trial.

Badda boom
Pretty simple, really.

LOL

LOLOL

Your delusions are noted and laughed at.

OK, I heard that opinion, but Larry Tribe said that Trump is impeached if she sends the articles to the senate or not.
I'm not sure who is right, Tribe or Dershowitz?

Alan Dershowitz rebuts Laurence Tribe: 'Unconstitutional' for Pelosi to delay Senate trial on impeachment
Those are two different subjects. Dershowitz covers both.

He states holding back the articles of impeachment to gain leverage over the Senate is unconstitutional.

He also points out Impeached Trump is impeached regardless.

1. Holding back the Articles HOW LONG becomes unconstitutional?
Mitch should use a cattle prod and put a senate rule on the delay and limit it to a few days.

2. If the articles are never sent they expire at the end of the House term, correct?
If they don't expire, couldn't the next GOP congress just vote to repeal the articles?

PrawfsBlawg: Can An Impeachment Be Repealed?
I doubt McConnell can set a timeframe on the House since the House has sole power of impeachment and there are no timeframes specified in the Constitution. And if McConnell's goal is to simply dismiss the trial, he can bring that to a vote anyway whenever the Senate trial does begin.

And no, articles of impeachment do not expire at the end of the Congressional session. They carry over to the next session. It sounds plausible that under that scenario, the next House could vote to repeal the articles.

The Senate will try this impeachment...when Pelosi is good and ready.

Meanwhile Trump has been impeached, but not yet tried.

Those are two different subjects. Dershowitz covers both.

He states holding back the articles of impeachment to gain leverage over the Senate is unconstitutional.

He also points out Impeached Trump is impeached regardless.

1. Holding back the Articles HOW LONG becomes unconstitutional?
Mitch should use a cattle prod and put a senate rule on the delay and limit it to a few days.

2. If the articles are never sent they expire at the end of the House term, correct?
If they don't expire, couldn't the next GOP congress just vote to repeal the articles?

PrawfsBlawg: Can An Impeachment Be Repealed?

The Senate will try this impeachment...when Pelosi is good and ready.

Meanwhile Trump has been impeached, but not yet tried.
Not yet.

Badda boom
Pretty simple, really.

LOL

LOLOL

Your delusions are noted and laughed at.
Your ignorance of the Constitution is epic, but typical of a Simpleton Dimwinger.

You just make things up off the top of your head, don't you?

Nope. Trump has been impeached.
You can keep lying to yourself if it makes you happy, but the fact is: Trump has been impeached...period...

You can keep lying to yourself if it makes you happy, but the fact is: Trump has been impeached...period...
Nope. Not yet, according to the Constitution.

LOL

You poor thing, you're batshit insane. The House rules prove Impeached Trump was impeached on 12.18.2019...

Nope. Not yet, according to the Constitution.
You're a complete imbecile, dumbfuck.

The Constitution states the House makes up their own rules and their own rules show Impeached Trump was impeached.

No trial in the Senate, no impeachment.

Yeah, I think so, too. Bills commonly die in committee or in the president's "pocket" (the pocket veto) and that's what this looks like to me. I think the Dems don't want a Senate trial and are just letting it die a death by neglect. We know the public has become more and more annoyed by this and anti-Dem --- they know it too and I think they are trying to back out.

Boy, could I be wrong. I hope that's what happens, though.

Not that it would matter much -- a unanimous acquit vote by Senate Republicans would take care of the problem nicely.

The Constitution trumps House rules, Simpleton.
LOLOLOL

Dumbfuck, the Constitution gave the power to the House to create their own rules...

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

Are you ever not a dumbfuck?

Ever??? :lmao:

LOLOLOL

Dumbfuck, the Constitution gave the power to the House to create their own rules...

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

House rule don’t trump the Constitution, Simpleton.

When the 2020 LANDSLIDE occurs, keeping Trump in the WH for 4 more years, and everyone will have forgotten the name of whatever dingbat the Democrats nominate, this whole silly impeachment ruse will be remembered for what it was.

A desperation ploy set up by a bunch of poor souls who can't accept and live with their irrelevance.

No trial in the Senate, no impeachment.

Yeah, I think so, too. Bills commonly die in committee or in the president's "pocket" (the pocket veto) and that's what this looks like to me. I think the Dems don't want a Senate trial and are just letting it die a death by neglect. We know the public has become more and more annoyed by this and anti-Dem --- they know it too and I think they are trying to back out.

Boy, could I be wrong. I hope that's what happens, though.

Not that it would matter much -- a unanimous acquit vote by Senate Republicans would take care of the problem nicely.
Articles of impeachment are not a "bill." They don't go to the president's desk for approval and they don't expire at the end of a Congressional session. Articles of impeachment don't just "die."

Yet more evidence that you zombie cultists know nothing about the Constitution.

LOLOLOL

House rule don’t trump the Constitution, Simpleton.

So you'd agree the Justice Roberts will have absolute power over the Senate Impeachment trial, right?

Forum List

Back