Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

Nope. They need public funds in order to be in existence. Soup for EVERYONE!!

I co-own a business and the only public funds I've ever needed was gained by selling my products to the public.

Doesn't law enforcement protect your business? The fire department?

No the police doesn't protect my business but regardless, those services are paid for through MY taxes.

don't the police don't

Bullshit again. Unless your tax bill pays for the entire police force....you are employing the taxes of others. Gay people and black people and Muslim people. You need to serve them. It's how shit works.

That may be how shit works in your world, but not in mine.

Sorry, dummy. You and. I live in the same world. If you refuse to do business with someone who is gay....I'll bet you give them a reason that has nothing to do with the fact that they are gay. That's because you are a coward and don't want to face the music.

Go ahead.....tell me I'm wrong. Liar.

He says DJs, photographers and caterers don't participate in weddings. They don't? That's news to me.
Are these vendors officiating at the ceremony? Are they to bring a gift to the reception? Do these vendors give away the bride?

As it turns out, these vendors are merely plying their trade. There is no requirement for wedding vendors to approve of the weddings they serve. The vendors do not place a merchantile imperamator to the weddings they service.

Are you saying a business owner shouldn't be able to pick his clients?

Not if he's open to the public and not if the customer is compliant with the law or basic expectations of behavior.

I pick my and choose who I sell to. Have been doing so for over twenty years and haven't had a complaint yet.

Based on what criteria?

Several actually. If a person comes in to buy twenty guns and he has cold hard cash, I won't sell. If a person comes in with saggy pants, I won't sell, if a person comes in and something seems to be a little off about him, I won't sell. It's basically a judgment call, based on actions, appearance, mannerisms and small talk concerning the purpose for the firearm.

I co-own a business and the only public funds I've ever needed was gained by selling my products to the public.

No the police doesn't protect my business but regardless, those services are paid for through MY taxes.

don't the police don't

Bullshit again. Unless your tax bill pays for the entire police force....you are employing the taxes of others. Gay people and black people and Muslim people. You need to serve them. It's how shit works.

Sorry, dummy. You and. I live in the same world. If you refuse to do business with someone who is gay....I'll bet you give them a reason that has nothing to do with the fact that they are gay. That's because you are a coward and don't want to face the music.

I don't ask for sexual preferences when someone comes in to make a purchase. That's between them and God.

Are these vendors officiating at the ceremony? Are they to bring a gift to the reception? Do these vendors give away the bride?

As it turns out, these vendors are merely plying their trade. There is no requirement for wedding vendors to approve of the weddings they serve. The vendors do not place a merchantile imperamator to the weddings they service.

Not if he's open to the public and not if the customer is compliant with the law or basic expectations of behavior.

I pick my and choose who I sell to. Have been doing so for over twenty years and haven't had a complaint yet.

Based on what criteria?

Several actually. If a person comes in to buy twenty guns and he has cold hard cash, I won't sell. If a person comes in with saggy pants, I won't sell, if a person comes in and something seems to be a little off about him, I won't sell. It's basically a judgment call, based on actions, appearance, mannerisms and small talk concerning the purpose for the firearm.

That's different, dummy. Are you going to act stupid now? You know that's not what we are talking about.

Try honesty. Otherwise....why bother?

What civil rights are being violated? If I refuse to sell you a firearm because you look like a thug, have I violated your right?
He looked Black ? thug is a racist dog whistle term.....for Black

Apparently the right to bear arms isn't a right to bear arms according to this cracker.

You have every right to bear arms, but I'm not under any obligation to sell to you.

If you're a licensed gun dealer, please, by all means prove to us that you have the legal right to refuse to sell a gun to an otherwise qualified black person.

don't the police don't

I don't ask for sexual preferences when someone comes in to make a purchase. That's between them and God.

Still acting stupid? Elton John comes in and wants to buy three dozen AR-15's for his anniversary party. Cash above market value. You going to sell to him?

I realize this approach won't be popular, but let's take a moment to "think things through".

What are these people going to do, hang a "NO GAYS ALLOWED" sign on their window? Classy. That would make it easy for people to take a photo of it, and before you know it, everyone on the planet knows about it. Then it won't be just the gay population that doesn't go in there, it would be a large segment of the population, those of us who don't like such simple-minded bigotry. Any restaurant that tried that would see a significant drop in business, and no restaurant can afford that for long. Bye bye!

So you're an anti-gay bigot? Cool. Thanks for letting me know. Put up a big sign so that I'll know, and then I'll also know never to go in there and to tell a few friends about it.

Yeah, pass that law.

"No Gays Allowed" is too simple.

If these bigoted merchants were intellectually honest their signs should read: "Due to our devotion to Jesus Christ who taught 'Love one another as you would be loved' and 'Judge not lest ye be judged', we refuse to serve American citizens who are homosexuals".

Or we could see it as it actually is. Everybody who comes into the store to buy products or a service the merchant has for sale is provided those products and/or service. That has never been an issue in any of these cases.

But if the merchant has for sale wedding cakes for Christian weddings, does it follow that the mechant HAS to also carry wedding cakes for NAMBLA or white supremacists or the Westboro Baptists or any other group engaged in activities or promoting docrine that the Christian cannot condone or support? Or create any other product for such groups that the store does not routinely have for sale? Most especially if the Christian is forced to go to the customer's premises and be seen and participate in an activity the Christian finds offensive or cannot condone? Must a Christian accept everybody and everything in order to practice his/her Christian faith?

Things are never as simple as we sometimes would want them to be.
In the case of wedding vendors; bakers, DJs, photographers, caterers and etc., they do not 'participate' in the wedding. They are not invited guests. They do not officiate durning the service. Their merchandise imperamator is not required to legitimize or confirm the actual marriage. Could you imagine your marriage hanging on the approval of the person who bakes your wedding cake?

They are, in fact, merchants who operate public businesses, that is to say businesses open to the public.

Any refusal to provide their normal services is tantamount to discrimination.

What is to stop such merchants from expanding such discrimination to inter racial couples? As it is legal for inter racial couples to wed, and as it is not a crime to merely be an inter racial couple, discriminating against them is patently illegal and morally wrong.

It is not illegal to merely be a homosexual. A majority of states recognize marriage equality. Why should homosexuals suffer under the bigoted discrimination of merchants who clearly have not thoroughly read their Bibles?

Nosmo, I didn't say a word about gays in the post you are responding to here. And you flat out ignored the examples I gave. I want you to focus on those examples and tell me that people should be required to provide services to such people no matter how wrong, evil, or unacceptable they may be.

When you are forced to provide services off premises, you have to go to your customer's premises. Your delivery van is outside for all the world to see and conclude you are giving consent and approval to the activity sometimes much to the glee and delight of people who would gladly use that to smear you. You think the Westboro Baptists would be adverse to photographing a van that belong to gay bakers or florists that was sitting in their parking lot and having a ball with that photograph?

And the fact that the people are there on the premises of that which most offends them is absolutely giving consent that the activity is okay.

The gay baker should not have to provide services for a group like the Westboro Baptists.

And the Christian should not have to provide services for a gay wedding if they cannot condone that as a matter of faith.

It is not a matter of discrimination. It is a matter of liberty and the right to not participate in that which offends us.
Never in any human experience has two wrongs equaled a right.

Providing the services that your business is opened for is doing business in the American value, e.g. Capitalism.

Business transactions do not, in and of themselves, suggest approval or acquiescence in political or cultural events.

My brother owns and operates the printing shop my family has held since 1921. He prints raffle tickets for gun clubs where the prize can be several weapons. My brother shares our family values and disapproves of deadly weapons. Yet raffle tickets flow out of the shop on a regular basis. Does this mean our family approves of the activities of the gun clubs?

He would no more refuse the business of the gun clubs on any basis; political, cultural or otherwise than he would refuse any other business on those grounds. It is not his responsibility to vet or approve his clientele. It is his responsibility to provide the services he is contracted to provide.

Based on what criteria?

That's different, dummy. Are you going to act stupid now? You know that's not what we are talking about.

I've been honest this whole time. I'm saying a private business should be able to pick and choose there client base using whatever criteria that suits them. After all this is supposed to be a free country. A person should be free to refuse service and you are free to find another vendor.

don't the police don't

Still acting stupid? Elton John comes in and wants to buy three dozen AR-15's for his anniversary party. Cash above market value. You going to sell to him?

I wouldn't sell anyone that many guns at one time.

Yet the persecution of the religious majority is a staple of the religion of radical liberalism and radical atheist, but that's ok because it's your side doing it, right?

In order to fulfill your beliefs we would have to bring back the right of businesses to refuse to serve anyone they didn't like.

Actually I have no problem with that, if they refuse too many they won't be in business will they? But the owner would determine his own fate, not the state.

Whites only businesses didn't go broke in the South did they?

Remind me, what century was that in again?

The 20th idiot. You either believe businesses should be able to be whites only or you don't.

Which is it ? Youi do or don't?

Do you realize that there is no record of you posting anything that was no fundamentally fallacious?

Why do you do that?

You should probably look that word up.

Here, just copy and paste this in your search engine: Fallacy

I
Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com
I really do not understand how selling items to people affects someone's christians beliefs, yet they will sell flowers, cakes to someone on his 2,3,4 marraige. Which according to their own scripture is an abomination and adulterous using their own scripture
I think you should buy the cake and flowers and tell the proprietor that is none of your damn business what I need the cake for besides eating. Because it is not any of their business, their job ends when you purchase the cake or flowers.

Damn, are you clueless or what? I'll leave it to you to figure it out.

don't the police don't

I wouldn't sell anyone that many guns at one time.

Oh......look at the nutter avoid the question. He wants one gun......an antique that sells for $18k and he's willing to pay $25k. Are you selling it to him?

If you're a licensed gun dealer, please, by all means prove to us that you have the legal right to refuse to sell a gun to an otherwise qualified black person.

Straw reasoning... begging the question... TWO distinct fallacious flaws in ONE Sentence.

I honestly believe most Republicans have seen the light on gay rights

We're not speaking of Republicans, we're speaking of Americans; which is to say those who recognize, respect, defend and adhere to the principles that define America... OKA: Natural Principles.

Admit it....you have lost
Gay Marriage will be the law of the land by June

An no, Americans do not support you

Most Republicans have given up on the issue and just wish it would go away. It makes them lose votes and credibility with younger voters
Nice projection there. So when the democrats changed their mind and began voting for gay marriage it was only because they were loosing votes and credibility? Or did the democrats vote against gay marriage in the past because otherwise they would loose votes and credibility?

I think most democrats looked at things like DADT and civil unions as a middle ground where the homosexual issue would settle and go away

It did not work out that way and thankfully so

Republicans realize this is a losing issue for them in 2016 and would like it to just go away. The Supreme Court deciding for them keeps them from having to state a position either way

But there is the radical Fag Haters who just can't drop it
So no fag haters that are democrats? Would you have a link to some statistics that back up your apparent claim that democrat fag haters were just kidding and/or being pragmatic, but now their true love of fags is coming out... where the republicans are mostly still fag haters that are hoping the issue disappears? Or is this just some bullshit you are pulling out of your ass?

You are welcome to show me any anti-gay legislation being passed at any level of government by Democrats.......otherwise STFU

Based on what criteria?

I've been honest this whole time. I'm saying a private business should be able to pick and choose there client base using whatever criteria that suits them. After all this is supposed to be a free country. A person should be free to refuse service and you are free to find another vendor.

their

No. I've already explained why that isn't an option. You have to obey the law. The law says you cannot discriminate based on race, religion or gender. Baggy pants? No shoes? Bad breath? Sure. But if that ****** comes in wearing a suit and smelling like roses....you WILL sell him a gun.

Dumb ass.

Forum List

Back