Will Shit Get Done?

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
So.......it looks like we will have a GOP senate and a bolstered GOP house come January. Will this result in policies that move the nation forward?

It all depends on whether or not the POTUS is going to continue being a centrist. Will he stay in character and offer up tasty GOP nuggets in the hopes that gridlock can be ended?

I expect the GOP to send volleys his way. Most notably a watered down immigration reform bill. I expect to see some kind of "entitlement" reform being thrown his way. We'll doubtless see the GOP pushing the XL pipeline as well.

How far will the POTUS bend? Will he give in on chained CPI? Will he allow the GOP to have their celebration over appearing to "close the border"? Will he give too much in return for fast tracking another stupid "free trade agreement"?

Given the fact that this POTUS isn't an asshole......and the fact that he is ever willing to compromise....I think well see some press conferences with GOP leadership standing next to Obama as he signs a few bills into law.

The GOP is going to be thinking about the 2016 election. So every single piece of legislation will be for political purposes rather than for the good of the country.

You can bank that.

Given the fact that this POTUS isn't an asshole......and the fact that he is ever willing to compromise....I think well see some press conferences with GOP leadership standing next to Obama as he signs a few bills into law.

Great, then the goal of the electorate will have been accomplished.:thup:

yet another "who gives a shit" as long as it isn't a dem attitude ... ... imagine that?

So.......it looks like we will have a GOP senate and a bolstered GOP house come January. Will this result in policies that move the nation forward?

It all depends on whether or not the POTUS is going to continue being a centrist. Will he stay in character and offer up tasty GOP nuggets in the hopes that gridlock can be ended?

I expect the GOP to send volleys his way. Most notably a watered down immigration reform bill. I expect to see some kind of "entitlement" reform being thrown his way. We'll doubtless see the GOP pushing the XL pipeline as well.

How far will the POTUS bend? Will he give in on chained CPI? Will he allow the GOP to have their celebration over appearing to "close the border"? Will he give too much in return for fast tracking another stupid "free trade agreement"?

This is empirical evidence that the OP is a far left drone, thinking Obama is a centrist..

You mean people have voted OVERWHELMINGLY to reject Obama because he's a CENTRIST?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh that's funneh.

Obama will rail against the R DO-NOTHING-CONGRESS...the media will push his foolishness and his dutiful followers will eat it up.

It is all a big show...akin to professional wrestling.

"It all depends on whether or not the POTUS is going to continue being a centrist."

"Given the fact that this POTUS isn't an asshole."

"and the fact that he is ever willing to compromise"

Too freakin funny.

yet another "who gives a shit" as long as it isn't a dem attitude ... ... imagine that?

What the fuck are you babbling about??:lol: Elections have consequences.:D

This is empirical evidence that the OP is a far left drone, thinking Obama is a centrist..
Anybody who disagrees with you is a "far left drone". That's your shtick.

"Getting Stuff Done" is what Communists do. Our gov't wasn't set up to "get stuff done" in fact it was set up to do just the opposite.

Staying within the bounds of the Constitution and respecting the Bill of Rights is what Freedom loving Americans do.

I don't expect the OP to even understand.

Tomorrow will be the start of flushing Americas' Domestic Enemies down the drain.

Assuming the Republicans do gain control of the Senate here is what I sort of expect:

a) They will push to repeal ACA- knowing Obama will veto it- this will put them all on record with their base as opposing the ACA
b) Immigration- I am hopeful that if Republicans do gain control of the Senate that there is a chance that Republicans will be able to work with Obama on immigration reform- so far both sides have been playing immigration policy to their bases and pretty much to hell with getting anything done.
c) They will sit on nominations in retaliation for the change to the fillibuster rules. Plan on lots of unfilled judgeships and more backlogged courts.
d) They will not revoke the changes to the fillibuster rules that they objected to so much when Democrats changed them.
e) They will try to force through the Keystone pipeline- probably will reach a compromise with Obama.

Or not.

Not if there are attempts to repeal the ACA or 'reform' Medicare as envisioned by the likes of Paul Ryan.

What will be interesting and amusing is that McConnell will now have to deal with TPM House extremists, who will demand that their ridiculous proposals be allowed onto the Senate floor for debate and a vote.

SO let me this straight on one point... you obviously are against shipping 700 barrels of oil one mile over dry land and favor shipping 1 million barrels one mile on the open ocean is that right???
Seriously... explain how you are in favor of that? 1 million barrels on the open ocean traveling one mile vs. 700 barrels on dry land in one mile?

Or not.

Not if there are attempts to repeal the ACA or 'reform' Medicare as envisioned by the likes of Paul Ryan.

What will be interesting and amusing is that McConnell will now have to deal with TPM House extremists, who will demand that their ridiculous proposals be allowed onto the Senate floor for debate and a vote.

So YOU are in favor of 1,300 companies going bankrupt that were paying $100 billion a year in federal/state/local and even property taxes as well as putting 400,000 people out of work??? Because that is the ULTIMATE goal of ACA.

Forum List

Back