Will Smith Banned From Award Shows For The Next Decade

Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, if you think a slap by Will Smith is actually violence.

It was certainly incompetent.

The Academy should send Chris to some self defense classes,

So,.. my question is that what are they going to do to Chris Rock for telling jokes about his wife?

So...
Rock humiliated Smith's wife who is suffering from a medical condition...
And
Smith in what should be considered a chivalrous act of defense of his wife responded by returning the insult.
Yes, a slap in the face in that situation is an insult...

If Smith were out to hurt Rock, he probably could have.

People need to consider context.

The Awards preached chivalry on film for 80 years. All of a sudden, chivalry is out, badmouthing liars are in. Got it!
Prior to 1970s, men were valued and appreciated.

In 2022, men are held in contempt and viewed as oppressors. On most Social Media, all negative generalizations of men are widely accepted and normalized.

No lady needs chivalry from oppressors.

Wow, ten years.

They should do nothing to Chris Rock, who is a comedian.
Hmmm....

So if he told jokes about handicapped veterans, children with cancer...That's OK.

Smith's wife is suffering from a medical condition.
Rock went after a sick person for being sick.

That my friend is not comedy.
That is verbal abuse.

Prior to 1970s, men were valued and appreciated.

In 2022, men are held in contempt and viewed as oppressors. On most Social Media, all negative generalizations of men are widely accepted and normalized.

No lady needs chivalry from oppressors.
You must have missed that feminist movement in the 1960s and 1970s.

Honestly that seems harsh to me not defending Smith or his actions but to me 3 to 5 years would have been more reasonable. In any event I won’t be losing any sleep over it.

I agree. I see both sides of the argument actually. First of all Will and his wife should have been able to take a joke, but Will shouldn't have said it and Will was only defending her even if they do sleep with other people. Which I do not condone by the way,

You can open your mouth all you want. Especially if it's trashing Republicans.
Will Smith is the recipient of the Cancel Culture in Hollywood.
Hollywood is a den of Vipers. It's just a bunch of hypocrites supporting and awarding Pedophiles and sickoes......but don't you dare cause Jim Carrey and Amy Schumer to be traumatized over a harmless slap.
They get traumatized when their Vanilla Latte isn't the right temperature.
Breath...
In slowly...out slowly...

Not everything on the planet is your butthurt of the day.

Hmmm....

So if he told jokes about handicapped veterans, children with cancer...That's OK.

Smith's wife is suffering from a medical condition.
Rock went after a sick person for being sick.

That my friend is not comedy.
That is verbal abuse.
Then a LOT of comedy is "verbal abuse". Just words.

What Smith did really was assault.

Hollywood celebrity roasting is a time-honored tradition. If you can't stand being talked about, don't put yourself in the position to be talked about.
Roasting is not abuse.
In roasting the guest of honor has agreed to the process.
Doubt that Rock asked Smith or his wife about that.
She is suffering from a medical condition and Rock attacked her for being sick.
Would you be Ok with him making "jokes" about children with cancer?

Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, if you think a slap by Will Smith is actually violence.

It was certainly incompetent.

The Academy should send Chris to some self defense classes,
They are trying to keep the controversy alive for increasing future audiences. The truth is the garbage coming out of today's Hollyward will never match yesteryear's appeal to the goodness of God and mankind's learning to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Hollywood has a new ajenda that failed in 1917 in Russia, but they think they are immune to the past repeating itself by doing the same thing to get there. And no one can help them but themselves because the atheists who push buttons in Hollyweird are too arrogant to do right themselves, so they glorify doing wrong as they do initially by being hard of hearing, and later adopting catch-phrases like "the truth is optional."

Not by the Demonrats, who did not hear the apology and the victim's acceptance of that apology. The Democrats are out for blood wherever they smell it, and chivalry is in the basement.
Not every event in the world is there for your butthurt of the day. Get a life.

In the end everyone will come out smelling like a rose.... Except Jada... She's fucked.

Chris Rock is already selling out shows.

Give it a few years...Will Smith will be the next Hollywood star returned from the wilderness a new man.

Everyone loves a redemption story.

Roasting is not abuse.
In roasting the guest of honor has agreed to the process.
Doubt that Rock asked Smith or his wife about that.
She is suffering from a medical condition and Rock attacked her for being sick.
Would you be Ok with him making "jokes" about children with cancer?
WHOOOOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't stand the limelight, stay the fuck home.

I agree. I see both sides of the argument actually. First of all Will and his wife should have been able to take a joke, but Will shouldn't have said it and Will was only defending her even if they do sleep with other people. Which I do not condone by the way,
As jokes go that was pretty tame but if it really honked Smith off confront Rock after the show away from the camera’s that is just common sense.

Then a LOT of comedy is "verbal abuse". Just words.

What Smith did really was assault.
Nonresponsive.
Would Rock making jokes about children with cancer be OK?

AND

Technically, it's battery.
and
No jury would convict.

Forum List

Back