Will Smith Banned From Award Shows For The Next Decade

Then a LOT of comedy is "verbal abuse". Just words.

What Smith did really was assault.
And one is to respect one's elders according to the Good Book, but it also says something to the effect of "do not inordinately abuse thy children." Taking a public bawling, outrageous mouth that undoes someone else's life is often as untoward as taking a public rebuff like a blow to the seat of knowledge, and should not be encouraged by the stupidos of Hollyweird who have graft and unpunished dishonesty for sale at the box office.

WHOOOOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't stand the limelight, stay the fuck home.
That's "SWISH" for three AND 1

She was not a participant, just an audience member.
The "roastee" is a participant.

Seriously, as much as I hate my ex...I'd have done the same.

If you want to see a return to civility, bring back dueling.

After all, words have consequences; right progressives?

Why on Earth should they punish Chris Rock for comparing a woman with an obviously full head of hair to a strong female character from a movie?

Children are under 18.

So going forward, is it okay if comedians are physically assaulted if an audience member "feels" they've been "verbally abused"?
You speak that way about my children...
Or back when I was married, about my wife
Then, you're gonna gel slapped and you should feel lucky I stop there.

There are limits.
Rock insults Smith's wife and received an insult in return.

If they were trying to send a strong message of rebuke, they succeeded.

Why on Earth should they punish Chris Rock for comparing a woman with an obviously full head of hair to a strong female character from a movie?
Don't think anyone's suggesting punishing Rock
Smith took care of the private matter

As jokes go that was pretty tame but if it really honked Smith off confront Rock after the show away from the camera’s that is just common sense.

If it would have been in a bar I still wouldn't have condoned it but it would have been more understandable.

Breath...
In slowly...out slowly...

Not everything on the planet is your butthurt of the day.
I don't know what you're talking about.
At worst....a slap should get you 6 months suspension.
But if a black kid shoots up his school he gets put back on the street the same day.
It's not the crime.....but what liberal mobs think that matters.

Sorry if I don’t put an open hand slap up there with attempted murder.
Gentlemens' disagreements should be settled in private. This one was opened in public and is difficult to discern who was righter, the initiator of insult, or the smack down of the insulted. Chris Rock wasn't hit hard enough to murder, but he was hit hard enough to respond with an apology to his reminder and his wife. There once was a movie called "It takes a thief to catch a thief." In its day, it aggravated police detectives who had no error in their business of discovering whodunits ad nauseum. In Hollywood, you never know if an action is planned as a lesson or not.

It's still an issue whether Alexander Hamilton's death was murder or suicide in some circles. This issue is a little of everything. And no, I don't cotton to one hitting someone else, but this verbal assault by Mr. Rock exceeded itself on account of its huge wide international audience (not private) and preconceived passive-aggressive speech behavior, imho.

Hollyweird ought to stay out of private quarrels. It is unfortunate that one of their stars used the largest audience imaginable to humiliate another star who was loved more than he. Hollyweird gave the passive-aggressive perpetrator of evil the thumbs up when they dissed the one who stood up to his bullshit like a hero. I'm defending someone who used physical violence to silence evil speech that not only blows the tenth commandment off, it disappoints chivalry that protects women from jealous males.

Gentlemens' disagreements should be settled in private. This one was opened in public and is difficult to discern who was righter, the initiator of insult, or the smack down of the insulted. Chris Rock wasn't hit hard enough to murder, but he was hit hard enough to respond with an apology to his reminder and his wife. There once was a movie called "It takes a thief to catch a thief." In its day, it aggravated police detectives who had no error in their business of discovering whodunits ad nauseum. In Hollywood, you never know if an action is planned as a lesson or not.

It's still an issue whether Alexander Hamilton's death was murder or suicide in some circles. This issue is a little of everything. And no, I don't cotton to one hitting someone else, but this verbal assault by Mr. Rock exceeded itself on account of its huge wide international audience (not private) and preconceived passive-aggressive speech behavior, imho.

Hollyweird ought to stay out of private quarrels. It is unfortunate that one of their stars used the largest audience imaginable to humiliate another star who was loved more than he. Hollyweird gave the passive-aggressive perpetrator of evil the thumbs up when they dissed the one who stood up to his bullshit like a hero. I'm defending someone who used physical violence to silence evil speech that not only blows the tenth commandment off, it disappoints chivalry that protects women from jealous males.
Yes......he messed up. Maybe if he trashes Trump a bunch of times....or claims he has COVID.....or says he's transitioning into a woman.....then they'll give him a break.

So,.. my question is that what are they going to do to Chris Rock for telling jokes about his wife?
He oughta go about slapping all them gawl damn honkies leavings they'se Amazon packages in your YMCA lobby! That there deserve a hella pimp slap!!! :mad: :mad:

Forum List

Back