🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will The 45th President Initiate His Own Loyalty Program Like Truman 70 Years Ago?

ThoughtCrimes

Old Navy Vet
Jun 25, 2012
I'm thinking that the title above is a fair question, given that the President-elect has put forth his own opinion over the last 18 months or so regarding his own doubts about the allegiance of various groups he has identified as somewhat un-American in varying degrees.

In March 1947 Truman signed Executive Order 9835, 'Prescribing Procedures for the Administration of an Employees Loyalty Program in the Executive Branch of the Government'. The objective was to comb through the entire list of Executive Branch employees and to cull those 'undesirable elements', such as Reds, Commies, Fascists and Homosensuals and other folks not in lockstep with those of true American thought and values to be determined by committee!Harry S. Truman: Executive Order 9835—Prescribing Procedures for the Administration of an Employees Loyalty Program in the Executive Branch of the Government

This had the effect of re-stimulating the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) on sabbatical from their heydays of WWII with the Nazi/Fascist/Commie purge. A little later, along came Tail-Gunner Joe McCarthy with his own brand of the Red Scare!

So now I believe the time and circumstances are ripe 70 years later for another round of loyalty testing for all citizens of this Nation to endure once again driven by ginned up fear and loathing as a method to divide, conquer and control the masses! I can still remember those halcyon days in 1950 while in first grade going over and over the Pledge of Allegiance to memorize it to prove I was a true, proud and red-blooded five year old American and...

So what is your guess as to when we will be called upon to once again prove we are Loyal Americans and asked to once again inform on suspected disloyal folks by the new administration? If it comes, will you answer the call to Trump's vision of patriotism?

Hmmm ... Smacking of North Korea, a Rockette is being forced to perform for Kim Jong Don's coronation.

McCarthy was right. A tad indelicate, but essentially correct. Just look how infected the government is these days.

Resurrecting COINTELPRO and HUAC would be very useful.

if we refuse to take his loyalty NUMBER, (666) we won't be able to buy or sell!

I'm thinking that the title above is a fair question, given that the President-elect has put forth his own opinion over the last 18 months or so regarding his own doubts about the allegiance of various groups he has identified as somewhat un-American in varying degrees.

In March 1947 Truman signed Executive Order 9835, 'Prescribing Procedures for the Administration of an Employees Loyalty Program in the Executive Branch of the Government'. The objective was to comb through the entire list of Executive Branch employees and to cull those 'undesirable elements', such as Reds, Commies, Fascists and Homosensuals and other folks not in lockstep with those of true American thought and values to be determined by committee!Harry S. Truman: Executive Order 9835—Prescribing Procedures for the Administration of an Employees Loyalty Program in the Executive Branch of the Government

This had the effect of re-stimulating the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) on sabbatical from their heydays of WWII with the Nazi/Fascist/Commie purge. A little later, along came Tail-Gunner Joe McCarthy with his own brand of the Red Scare!

So now I believe the time and circumstances are ripe 70 years later for another round of loyalty testing for all citizens of this Nation to endure once again driven by ginned up fear and loathing as a method to divide, conquer and control the masses! I can still remember those halcyon days in 1950 while in first grade going over and over the Pledge of Allegiance to memorize it to prove I was a true, proud and red-blooded five year old American and...

So what is your guess as to when we will be called upon to once again prove we are Loyal Americans and asked to once again inform on suspected disloyal folks by the new administration? If it comes, will you answer the call to Trump's vision of patriotism?
You mean like Obama?

The governnent should be liberally populated by those who want to destroy that very same government. That's diversity.

Hugh difference between the executive branch and all Americans.
The Mississippi River begins as small trickle at its headwaters, too!

Most folks would not confuse the two as you seem to.
And you'll never understand their common source harboring that conclusion! Why these creations of arbitrary and superficial barriers to divide one from the other? E Pluribus Unum!!!! Why fight the unity of shared and common freedoms?

Forum List

Back