🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will the labor shortage now end? Millions of Americans Set to Lose Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Next Week, No Signs of States Extending

When you say people won't go back to the "grind" of a job, Winston? What exactly are their options on that? People need money to pay rent...buy groceries...make car payments. They may not LIKE going back to the grind of working...but they'll go back because they have to!

Why would American teenagers feel the need to work when their parents give them money? It's no different than American workers that don't feel the need to work because their "Government Daddy" is giving them money! You build work ethic by working. It's not rocket science. You kill work ethic by giving people things for doing nothing.
I hear you, but I am a little conflicted on teens working. My oldest son was the one in the tomato field. I believe it helped build that strong work ethic. He is now insanely successful for a 26 year old, positioned better than the average retiree. But my middle son never really struck a lick, focused on school and working out. But at 24 he is also making major bucks, probably more than his older brother next year. My youngest, well he kind of worked. Lifeguard at the country club, free food and booze. Now a fifth year college student whose best option seems to be the military.

With all due respect...the "self employed" people are the ones that kept working.

What does that have to do with my question, Winston?
You asked what people would do if they didn't work the "grind" of a regular job. They work for themselves, run side hustles. Hell, hit garage sales first thing on Saturday morning and list their purchases on ebay through the week.

I hear you, but I am a little conflicted on teens working. My oldest son was the one in the tomato field. I believe it helped build that strong work ethic. He is now insanely successful for a 26 year old, positioned better than the average retiree. But my middle son never really struck a lick, focused on school and working out. But at 24 he is also making major bucks, probably more than his older brother next year. My youngest, well he kind of worked. Lifeguard at the country club, free food and booze. Now a fifth year college student whose best option seems to be the military.
The oldest son will always be successful, Winston because he knows there is always a job there for someone that wants to work. He'll handle set backs far better than son #2 who if he loses that high paying job will most likely only take another high paying job and not know what to do if there isn't one available. Your oldest son won't be moving back home anytime soon...the other two? You might want to have their bedrooms ready.

You asked what people would do if they didn't work the "grind" of a regular job. They work for themselves, run side hustles. Hell, hit garage sales first thing on Saturday morning and list their purchases on ebay through the week.
Again, Winston...the person you're describing ISN'T the person who sits at home not working because they're getting unemployment benefits!

Well employers will be getting the hardest working people on the face of the planet. It will be easy to find good workers now and we won't have to listen to whiny business owners crying "nobody wants to work" which is fake news.

This should HELP the economy SOME. The federal unemployment supplement has DESTROYED many small businesses.

Once again, the FED fucks up nearly everything it touches.

The federal supplement has shown American workers that $15 per hour is the MINIMUM they need to live on and people are leaving areas which don't pay enough money to live on. Wages are rising.

If your workers aren't making enough money to live on, your small business failed a LONG time ago. The FIRST people to be paid and paid well, are your workers. Without them, you have NOTHING. The small business owner should be the last person to make money on the business.

If you're making money and your employees are on government assistance, you don't have a viable business.

The federal supplement has shown American workers that $15 per hour is the MINIMUM they need to live on and people are leaving areas which don't pay enough money to live on. Wages are rising.

If your workers aren't making enough money to live on, your small business failed a LONG time ago. The FIRST people to be paid and paid well, are your workers. Without them, you have NOTHING. The small business owner should be the last person to make money on the business.

If you're making money and your employees are on government assistance, you don't have a viable business.
You do realize how stupid this is... right?
Nearly 60% of the population is on government assistance in at least one form.
At the very least tax credits that make their tax liability negative. That IS govt. assistance.
McDonalds, check out girls at grocery stores, part time stock boys etc. - WERE NEVER MEANT TO "LIVE ON". So stop trying to lump all jobs together as if they are all intended as living wage jobs.

Name a more disciplined harder working workforce than america.
Prove your FEEL GOOD theory first.
If “American workers” are so top-notch why do you insist on importing illegals and foreigners to take their jobs?

Why would American teenagers feel the need to work when their parents give them money? It's no different than American workers that don't feel the need to work because their "Government Daddy" is giving them money! You build work ethic by working. It's not rocket science. You kill work ethic by giving people things for doing nothing.

Your assumption is that people only work if they're forced to. According to your premise, we should strip all wealth from people because if people don't have need, they'll just sit on their asses and won't work. Everyone should have to work for everything they get, and nothing should be given to anyone. That includes the children of the rich whose parents "give" them an education. Make them go into debt just like the poor kids.

If your statement is true, how is it that people in countries with cradle to grave social programs have any people working at all, since we don't have to? I gave my kids money, but they all had part time jobs as teenagers - working retail in the shopping mall, or waitressing in the neighborhood restaurants.

The "guaranteed income test program" in Oakland found that just giving poor families an extra $500 a month in benefits improved the quality of the lives of the families which received it. Just that small measure of income security allowed the family to live with less financial stress, and ensure utilities weren't cut. At the end of one year, these people were healthier, more stable, able to upgrade skills. More of this group had found full time employment than those receiving basic benefits.

The lies Republicans tell are bad enough, but what's worse are the gullible fools who believe this bullshit.

There is no labor shortage just a lot of shitty jobs no one wants

Plus you still have a deadly disease circulating the nation, with a thousand people dying every day, and half of the nation refuses to get a vaccine. I wouldn't work under these circumstances either.

It's time for your government to stop playing politics and start instituting both vaccine and mask mandates. Red State governors have to stop ranting about "personal freedom" because health care workers are exhausted, overwhelmed and fed up. You can stop this and you haven't.

Human resources at companies are the driving force in making sure discrimination is the dominant factor in not hiring people to work.

Plus you still have a deadly disease circulating the nation, with a thousand people dying every day, and half of the nation refuses to get a vaccine. I wouldn't work under these circumstances either.

It's time for your government to stop playing politics and start instituting both vaccine and mask mandates. Red State governors have to stop ranting about "personal freedom" because health care workers are exhausted, overwhelmed and fed up. You can stop this and you haven't.
There are more people they won't hire because they're elderly than because there are refusing to work, age discrimination is rampant in corporate America.

There is no labor shortage just a lot of shitty jobs no one wants
Oh bullshit Moon.
Funny how those jobs were all filled with applications piled from folks wanting them... until they received Covid windfall... then no one wanted them.
We'll see how quick they go back now that the windfall is over

Forum List

Back