🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will the labor shortage now end? Millions of Americans Set to Lose Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Next Week, No Signs of States Extending

More side effects of Covid windfall...

Pizza Hut... closing inside dining across the nation.
Steak and Shake... switched to "McDonald's style" kiosk, no more wait staff or even counter person
Restaurants across the nation reducing menu items, reducing hours of operation and closing some weekdays.
The list goes on and on.
The Covid windfall made sense for the first 6 months. After that, it was just a fucking gift.

There are more people they won't hire because they're elderly than because there are refusing to work, age discrimination is rampant in corporate America.
OMG - you said something insightful.
See?... you can post things that make sense.

It's time for your government to stop playing politics and start instituting both vaccine and mask mandates. Red State governors have to stop ranting about "personal freedom" because health care workers are exhausted, overwhelmed and fed up. You can stop this and you haven't.

Maybe in your commie country they can do that, but not in our constitutional Republic. What happened to "my body--my choice?" Oh, that's right, it always goes back to one of Rush's famous quotes.

"Folks, Democrats have two sets or rules: One set for them, and another set for the rest of us."
Rush Limbaugh

Maybe in your commie country they can do that, but not in our constitutional Republic. What happened to "my body--my choice?" Oh, that's right, it always goes back to one of Rush's famous quotes.

"Folks, Democrats have two sets or rules: One set for them, and another set for the rest of us."
Rush Limbaugh
What happened to my body my choice, the Republicans have outlawed it.

There is no labor shortage just a lot of shitty jobs no one wants

Maybe, but you have to do something to bring food home, keep a roof over your head with utilities on. If you're not getting the money from these shitty jobs, you're getting the money from somewhere.

Rush Limbaugh
Sorry, but Republicans can't use that "My body my choice" bullshit anymore. Not after Texas.

Maybe, but you have to do something to bring food home, keep a roof over your head with utilities on. If you're not getting the money from these shitty jobs, you're getting the money from somewhere.
Being a wage slave is not a preferred position of most humans.

Prove your FEEL GOOD theory first.
If “American workers” are so top-notch why do you insist on importing illegals and foreigners to take their jobs?

The American economy has always depended upon a vast pool of cheap/free labor, to keep American workers from demanding too much. Slavery came about because indentured servants wanted to be paid once their debt to the plantation owner for their passage was paid. So the plantation owners gave their jobs to slaves who would never demand wages from them.

When slavery ended, it was the "guest workers". People who could be deported once the work they are brought in for is done. Initially it was for the dangerous job of building the railroads, but soon it was farming. And migrant workers from Mexico.

Republicans have refused to deal with immigration since Reagan gave amnesty to 6 million illegals in the 1980's. Ask yourself why Democrats want to change the system, but Republicans refuse to do so. That's because the government is collecting 15% withholding on illegal wages, without ever having to pay out on those entitlements, all while keeping wages for the lowest paid Americans artificially low through earned income credits, and other wage supports for minimum wage workers.

Americans have the cheapest food in the first world, precisely because of the vast numbers of underpaid illegal workers in both food production and food processing, right on through to the restaurant and hospitality industries.

Illegal immigration rises under every Republican Administration because Republicans refuse to prosecute employers. Republicans make a big show of chasing illegals down at the border, but the reality is that Trump inherited the lowest rates of illegal immigration in 50 years because of Obama's vigorous enforcement of laws against hiring illegals - more than 400 Orders in just the first year in office. Bill Clinton is the all-time champion in terms of employer prosecutions.

Not only does the Democratic plan of prosecuting the employers work, it's cost effective too. Democrats recover millions of dollars in penalties and fines levied on employers. Republicans spend millions of dollars chasing illegals, arresting and holding them, and then prosecuting them, with no recovery of any of these costs.

Trump prosecuted one employer in 4 years. As soon as the employers put out the "for hire" signs, illegal immigration surged so that by 2019, Trump was declaring a "national emergency".

Republicans talk about Democrats favouring "open borders" and make a big show of "stopping illegal immigration at the border". Democrats make sure that if illegals come, they're not going to find work. Under President Obama, 300,000 illegals actually self-deported because they couldn't find work.

But you continue to believe the Republican lies.

Rush Limbaugh
Vaccine mandates have been constitutional in this country since Jacobson v. Massachusetts in 1905.

The American economy has always depended upon a vast pool of cheap/free labor, to keep American workers from demanding too much. Slavery came about because indentured servants wanted to be paid once their debt to the plantation owner for their passage was paid. So the plantation owners gave their jobs to slaves who would never demand wages from them.

When slavery ended, it was the "guest workers". People who could be deported once the work they are brought in for is done. Initially it was for the dangerous job of building the railroads, but soon it was farming. And migrant workers from Mexico.

Republicans have refused to deal with immigration since Reagan gave amnesty to 6 million illegals in the 1980's. Ask yourself why Democrats want to change the system, but Republicans refuse to do so. That's because the government is collecting 15% withholding on illegal wages, without ever having to pay out on those entitlements, all while keeping wages for the lowest paid Americans artificially low through earned income credits, and other wage supports for minimum wage workers.

Americans have the cheapest food in the first world, precisely because of the vast numbers of underpaid illegal workers in both food production and food processing, right on through to the restaurant and hospitality industries.

Illegal immigration rises under every Republican Administration because Republicans refuse to prosecute employers. Republicans make a big show of chasing illegals down at the border, but the reality is that Trump inherited the lowest rates of illegal immigration in 50 years because of Obama's vigorous enforcement of laws against hiring illegals - more than 400 Orders in just the first year in office. Bill Clinton is the all-time champion in terms of employer prosecutions.

Not only does the Democratic plan of prosecuting the employers work, it's cost effective too. Democrats recover millions of dollars in penalties and fines levied on employers. Republicans spend millions of dollars chasing illegals, arresting and holding them, and then prosecuting them, with no recovery of any of these costs.

Trump prosecuted one employer in 4 years. As soon as the employers put out the "for hire" signs, illegal immigration surged so that by 2019, Trump was declaring a "national emergency".

Republicans talk about Democrats favouring "open borders" and make a big show of "stopping illegal immigration at the border". Democrats make sure that if illegals come, they're not going to find work. Under President Obama, 300,000 illegals actually self-deported because they couldn't find work.

But you continue to believe the Republican lies.
The Republicans play the game of hating the immigrants while hiring the immigrants.

You asked what people would do if they didn't work the "grind" of a regular job. They work for themselves, run side hustles. Hell, hit garage sales first thing on Saturday morning and list their purchases on ebay through the week.

One of my tenants scraps metal. It's good extra spending money but he'd never be able to support himself on it. My nephew trades baseball cards. He made 32K last year doing that, but it will never be a dependable income. Both have full-time jobs. Try getting an apartment, buying a house, or even a car doing little side thingies. It will never happen.

One of my tenants scraps metal. It's good extra spending money but he'd never be able to support himself on it. My nephew trades baseball cards. He made 32K last year doing that, but it will never be a dependable income. Both have full-time jobs. Try getting an apartment, buying a house, or even a car doing little side thingies. It will never happen.
I own my home and the land it sits on yet that has nothing to do with the high amount of discrimination I go through because I am a licensed tradesman with a degree yet I get no where when sending out resumes and doing job interviews because I am sixty years old.

Rush Limbaugh

The MY BODY MY CHOICE example is PERFECT.

These communists posing as Democrats ONLY operate in a hypocritical existence.

Rush Limbaugh

Then your choice is to continue to have a raging pandemic and to inflict it on the rest of the country. You get to sit on your ass at home if you don't get with the program, because you're a danger to yourself and to others. Do you refuse to wear seat belts? There is such a thing as "the public good".

"My body, my choice" includes my right not to expose my body to the unvaccinated, or the unmasked. This will be the tyranny of the majority on the minority. You want to participate in the greater world? Get your ass vaxxed!!! I won't hire you or do business with you until you do. And wear a fucking mask.

Last but not least, health care workers are literally sick of those who inflict "my body, my choice" consequences on them on a daily basis. So if you want to go with that line, you better make sure you don't get sick, because health care workers are tired of trying to save the lives of people who do nothing to save themselves.

And our governor vetoed the bill that attempted to end the supplement. North Carolina's unemployment rate is a full percentage point under Ohio's.

Really? I just looked it up and according to the internet, your state unemployment for August was 6.5% which is one percent above national unemployment while ours in Ohio is in line with the national unemployment rate. But even if that were not the case, our state unemployment is pretty generous and a lot of people can live on state unemployment alone. My neighbor used every day of the 2 year extension during the DumBama years, and he owns two homes and did just fine with that and some side jobs once in a while.

I have a friend with a Phd in Chemistry, works for Procter and Gamble, lives near you. He makes more money on Ebay selling tickets to sporting events than he does on his job. My son has a friend that sales clothes online through various channels. She brings in four figures EVERY DAY. And the trading card industry has literally blown up over this Covid pandemic.

The MY BODY MY CHOICE example is PERFECT.

These communists posing as Democrats ONLY operate in a hypocritical existence.
BULLSHIT. Definitely if you are a woman in Texas. Then you body is owned by the state as a breeding vessel and enforced by the population.

Forum List

Back