Will the labor shortage now end? Millions of Americans Set to Lose Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Next Week, No Signs of States Extending

Ray 31 grand is a pathetic lowly wage. Let's be honest. Those emiyers should struggle to find workers. I hope they hurt some.
31 grand is low?

Are you daft?

What's an emiyer?

In NY Shitty or San Frank's Disco, I am sure that is a low wage.

I make a little more than that, own two late model cars, live in a 2000+ sq. ft. home on an acre of land, and I do just fine.

Time to get back to work instead of coddle and become addicted to the government role.

That was the goal in the first place. When we get to the point nobody will work, it's an excuse for the Democrat party to make these millions of illegals legal so they can do the jobs. It will support their phony claim that we need foreigners to do the jobs Americans won't do.

If the govt paid more than an employer we have a huuuuge wage problem. It is going to be "here is your $20 per hour you need to be thankful. $20 per hour is poverty wage in reality. For that one works steadily, not hard
Where do you keep coming up with stupid shit like this? That is about $3-4 above the average wage for skilled workers where I live! I should know since as a DoD contractor, my salary is based on that figure.

The company that welds truck frames for Ford's Heavy Duty trucks doesn't pay that much!

You see the problem with your numbers don't you? Ten dollars, that is the problem. Hell, I would stand at a busy intersection with a sign before I would work for ten dollars an hour.
And that’s why I don’t give people on street corners any money. They may be like you. If your job skills can only get you ten an hour, get your stupid ass over there and earn your ten an hour. Try to learn something and become more valuable. If you aren’t up for that you’re a prime candidate for starvation and I’m good with that.

A strong work ethic will get one ahead....by a little bit. If you are working hard for $15 per hour you need to slow down. More pay equals more work less pay means less work

And that’s why I don’t give people on street corners any money. They may be like you. If your job skills can only get you ten an hour, get your stupid ass over there and earn your ten an hour. Try to learn something and become more valuable. If you aren’t up for that you’re a prime candidate for starvation and I’m good with that.

A leftist thinks it's up to the employer to make you worth more money. A righty thinks that it's up to the individual to make themselves worth more money.

That shit should have ended 8 or 9 months ago.
It should have never been fucking started. It could have been a solid lesson in how welfare loses you your home, cars, etc. when the government tells you to stay home and they will take care of you. But we didn’t do that. It was a fuck up.

A leftist thinks it's up to the employer to make you worth more money. A righty thinks that it's up to the individual to make themselves worth more money.
Most of these people are too stupid to know how or when to apply for other jobs and quit the one lowballing you. I’ve got 5 bucks an hour in raises since this lockdown started. Best year and a half ever.

The point is, when people lost their jobs, especially their good paying manufacturing jobs, and they had to go work at Walmart or McD, they suddenly felt like they couldn't work anymore. SSI was flooded with people all around the country claiming they can't physically work anymore.

Quoting from linked article,

While that may indicate the withdrawal of benefits is having some of the impact intended by the governors who cut off the stipend, and causing more people to seek employment, the numbers are small in a national labor force of 161 million and come with a cautionary note: Job gains in both groups of states were roughly the same.

I agree, it is time for this benefit to end. But don't look for any significant change in employment. You see companies complaining, and blaming that stipend, for their inability to attain labor. But the real problem is lack of wage growth. In an economy where increasing number of people are attaining income through side hustles, like Uber, Ebay, or Amazon delivery, there is no way in hell they are going back to the grind without a significant increase in pay. Even $15 an hour is not enough. Supply and demand, at current market wages there is little supply, eliminating that stipend is not going to change that dynamic.
When you say people won't go back to the "grind" of a job, Winston? What exactly are their options on that? People need money to pay rent...buy groceries...make car payments. They may not LIKE going back to the grind of working...but they'll go back because they have to!

I think you're going to see something of a backlash from employers steering AWAY from job seekers who stayed out as long as they possibly could on unemployment benefits! They'll be seen by many employers as someone that never really wanted to work...not really an attribute you're looking for in an employee.

That was the goal in the first place. When we get to the point nobody will work, it's an excuse for the Democrat party to make these millions of illegals legal so they can do the jobs. It will support their phony claim that we need foreigners to do the jobs Americans won't do.
There are jobs most Americans won't do. Laboring in the tomato fields for one. My son did it one summer and made damn good money. There was exactly one other American that worked with him, the high school star athlete that considered it training.

Of course it will. Our Governor ended the fed supplement in June. They calculated that people who got all unemployment benefits made the same as a working person making $43,000 a year. Our cost of living is pretty reasonable here, so there are a lot of people making less than 43K a year and doing fine. Two choices: Go back to my 31K a year job, or stay on unemployment for 43K a year.
And our governor vetoed the bill that attempted to end the supplement. North Carolina's unemployment rate is a full percentage point under Ohio's.

There are jobs most Americans won't do. Laboring in the tomato fields for one. My son did it one summer and made damn good money. There was exactly one other American that worked with him, the high school star athlete that considered it training.
Why would American teenagers feel the need to work when their parents give them money? It's no different than American workers that don't feel the need to work because their "Government Daddy" is giving them money! You build work ethic by working. It's not rocket science. You kill work ethic by giving people things for doing nothing.

Forum List

Back