🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will the labor shortage now end? Millions of Americans Set to Lose Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Next Week, No Signs of States Extending

We all have to admit that if it were us, we'd stay home for free too for as long as we could. And I don't even think the bonus money was still being given. That ended months ago. So these people are just getting the usual $. I think the max is $750 every 2 weeks. $10 x 80 hours is $800. You have to admit, you wouldn't go back to work for $50 if you didn't have to right?
It is a fact there is an affect by doling out government checks.

It is a fact there is an affect by doling out government checks.
Yes. This proved it. We need to do better. Something different. The only people who don't have to work should be on SSI. Medicaid. Because they are unable to work. They get $1400 a month. My neighbor is on it.

1630611960336.png

My perspective is....

Biden's handlers know that most of these handouts will be running out so they'll have him mandate a national lockdown forcing the handouts to continue.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Attachments

• 1630611791300.png
    1630611791300.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1630611941195.png
    1630611941195.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 8

Quoting from linked article,

While that may indicate the withdrawal of benefits is having some of the impact intended by the governors who cut off the stipend, and causing more people to seek employment, the numbers are small in a national labor force of 161 million and come with a cautionary note: Job gains in both groups of states were roughly the same.

I agree, it is time for this benefit to end. But don't look for any significant change in employment. You see companies complaining, and blaming that stipend, for their inability to attain labor. But the real problem is lack of wage growth. In an economy where increasing number of people are attaining income through side hustles, like Uber, Ebay, or Amazon delivery, there is no way in hell they are going back to the grind without a significant increase in pay. Even $15 an hour is not enough. Supply and demand, at current market wages there is little supply, eliminating that stipend is not going to change that dynamic.
Yeah... bullshit.
High unemployment number at the same time as record job offerings?
That has literally never happened in our nations history

Yeah... bullshit.
High unemployment number at the same time as record job offerings?
That has literally never happened in our nations history

That's because we never had people in power wanting it to happen before. Our electorate was much more intelligent years ago and wouldn't stand for it. Not so today.

Yes. This proved it. We need to do better. Something different. The only people who don't have to work should be on SSI. Medicaid. Because they are unable to work. They get $1400 a month. My neighbor is on it.

There is no set figure on that. It's based on how long you worked and what you put into the system throughout your life. When you get approved for SSD, you get the amount you would normally get for retirement if you were at your retirement age today.

Lumpenproletariats need to return to work with most at higher wages!

I want my orders filled faster and correctly!!
Afterall, I'm paying for them.

I agree, it is time for this benefit to end. But don't look for any significant change in employment. You see companies complaining, and blaming that stipend, for their inability to attain labor. But the real problem is lack of wage growth. In an economy where increasing number of people are attaining income through side hustles, like Uber, Ebay, or Amazon delivery, there is no way in hell they are going back to the grind without a significant increase in pay. Even $15 an hour is not enough. Supply and demand, at current market wages there is little supply, eliminating that stipend is not going to change that dynamic.

Of course it will. Our Governor ended the fed supplement in June. They calculated that people who got all unemployment benefits made the same as a working person making $43,000 a year. Our cost of living is pretty reasonable here, so there are a lot of people making less than 43K a year and doing fine. Two choices: Go back to my 31K a year job, or stay on unemployment for 43K a year.

If the govt paid more than an employer we have a huuuuge wage problem. It is going to be "here is your $20 per hour you need to be thankful. $20 per hour is poverty wage in reality. For that one works steadily, not hard

Ray 31 grand is a pathetic lowly wage. Let's be honest. Those emiyers should struggle to find workers. I hope they hurt some.

It is absolutely fucked. And Biden should have NEVER extended it in March.
It is destroying whole industries and private businesses everywhere.
It took me over a month to get my truck fixed... short workers.
It took me a week and a half to het my HVAC looked at - short workers.
Many raw materials are in allocation... short workers.
Restaraunts closed/limited hours/limited menus - short workers.
The list never stops
It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY pats time to get back to work

One of my tenants had a problem with her car. Her transmission went. It's still a nice vehicle for an American car so she was willing to invest the thousands into the transmission to have it repaired. She took it in, and the mechanic told her one of the parts they needed will take over 90 days to get. She couldn't do without her own car for over 3 months. She had to trade it in at a loss and buy another used car.

It is absolutely fucked. And Biden should have NEVER extended it in March.
It is destroying whole industries and private businesses everywhere.
It took me over a month to get my truck fixed... short workers.
It took me a week and a half to het my HVAC looked at - short workers.
Many raw materials are in allocation... short workers.
Restaraunts closed/limited hours/limited menus - short workers.
The list never stops
It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY pats time to get back to work
What does their height have to do with it? :abgg2q.jpg:

We all have to admit that if it were us, we'd stay home for free too for as long as we could. And I don't even think the bonus money was still being given. That ended months ago. So these people are just getting the usual $. I think the max is $750 every 2 weeks. $10 x 80 hours is $800. You have to admit, you wouldn't go back to work for $50 if you didn't have to right?

The payout varies state by state. My neighbor was on unemployment during the Obama recession and was getting over $400.00 a week after taxes. He stayed on the extended unemployment for two years. When it ran out, he went to work for his brother-in-law, a job that was always available to him the entire time.

No, you cannot blame Americans for staying home for more money than working. It's not the workers fault, it's the politicians fault.

Forum List

Back