🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will the labor shortage now end? Millions of Americans Set to Lose Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Next Week, No Signs of States Extending

There are jobs most Americans won't do. Laboring in the tomato fields for one. My son did it one summer and made damn good money. There was exactly one other American that worked with him, the high school star athlete that considered it training.

Well that's great, but as we allow the commies to make people dependent on them, you are correct, Americans no longer want to work hard anymore. After all, everybody needs money no matter who you are. If you're not out earning money by working, you're getting it from somewhere else. But our solution is not bringing in a bunch of infected illegal workers, our solution is to tackle the drug problem that precludes the ability of a person to get a better paying job.

BULLSHIT. Definitely if you are a woman in Texas. Then you body is owned by the state as a breeding vessel and enforced by the population.

So you get an abortion elsewhere. No one is forced to stay in Texas.

Who are the women who want to kill their baby but will now BE FORCED to carry the baby to full term and give birth?

List those affected:

1)

Really? I just looked it up and according to the internet, your state unemployment for August was 6.5% which is one percent above national unemployment while ours in Ohio is in line with the national unemployment rate. But even if that were not the case, our state unemployment is pretty generous and a lot of people can live on state unemployment alone. My neighbor used every day of the 2 year extension during the DumBama years, and he owns two homes and did just fine with that and some side jobs once in a while.
Latest numbers

I’ll take two wetbacks over a dozen tattooed, pierced, peacock headed carnival rejects any day.

BULLSHIT. Definitely if you are a woman in Texas. Then you body is owned by the state as a breeding vessel and enforced by the population.
It’s a wonderful country with a broad mosaic of ideas and ideals. There are numerous well maintained highways providing easy egress beyond our borders. Disappointed with Texas? Feel free to stay the fuck out. We will make do nicely. Conform your state to whatever norms suit you.

Maybe you would have a different opinion if your birther murdered you in utero.

Heck, maybe you are NOT happy you were born.
The whole abortion bit and Republicans is horseshit. Republicans are all about telling other people what to do. What skin comes off the nose of the rabid pro-lifer who prances in front of abortion clinics? It is stupid. If they want to stop abortion they can STEP UP or SHUT UP. Adopt, take in a pregnant teen, pay her medical bills, raise her kid. But making abortion illegal is not going to stop shit, only make it more dangerous.

It’s a wonderful country with a broad mosaic of ideas and ideals. There are numerous well maintained highways providing easy egress beyond our borders. Disappointed with Texas? Feel free to get the fuck out. We will make do nicely.
I think we should give Texas back to Mexico.

Your assumption is that people only work if they're forced to. According to your premise, we should strip all wealth from people because if people don't have need, they'll just sit on their asses and won't work. Everyone should have to work for everything they get, and nothing should be given to anyone. That includes the children of the rich whose parents "give" them an education. Make them go into debt just like the poor kids.

If your statement is true, how is it that people in countries with cradle to grave social programs have any people working at all, since we don't have to? I gave my kids money, but they all had part time jobs as teenagers - working retail in the shopping mall, or waitressing in the neighborhood restaurants.

The "guaranteed income test program" in Oakland found that just giving poor families an extra $500 a month in benefits improved the quality of the lives of the families which received it. Just that small measure of income security allowed the family to live with less financial stress, and ensure utilities weren't cut. At the end of one year, these people were healthier, more stable, able to upgrade skills. More of this group had found full time employment than those receiving basic benefits.

The lies Republicans tell are bad enough, but what's worse are the gullible fools who believe this bullshit.
When did I ever claim that people will only work if they're "forced" to? The truth is that most people enjoy working. The people that I'm talking about are the ones that don't have any work ethic at all and WILL sit on their asses and not work if you enable them to do so!

As for rich kids being "given" an education by their parents? With all due respect, one of the reasons that many people work as hard as they do is so they can give things to their children. Why you think that's wrong escapes me. It's money they've earned...they have the right to spend it as they see fit.

Your posts confuse me. You want to give money to people that haven't earned it...while at the same time you say that everyone should have to work for everything they get...but that only seems to apply to "rich people"? You do realize that wealth that rich people have was created by someone who probably worked very hard to make that happen? What right do you have to take it away from the descendants of that person? You didn't earn it. Neither did the people you want to give it to.

Last edited:
Then your choice is to continue to have a raging pandemic and to inflict it on the rest of the country. You get to sit on your ass at home if you don't get with the program, because you're a danger to yourself and to others. Do you refuse to wear seat belts? There is such a thing as "the public good".

"My body, my choice" includes my right not to expose my body to the unvaccinated, or the unmasked. This will be the tyranny of the majority on the minority. You want to participate in the greater world? Get your ass vaxxed!!! I won't hire you or do business with you until you do. And wear a fucking mask.

Last but not least, health care workers are literally sick of those who inflict "my body, my choice" consequences on them on a daily basis. So if you want to go with that line, you better make sure you don't get sick, because health care workers are tired of trying to save the lives of people who do nothing to save themselves.

Pure stupidity. If you are afraid of going out because of the unvaxed, then you're the one that needs to make the decision to stay home or not. People who are not vaxed should not have to bunker down over your fears. If you're scared to go out, then you stay home--not insist they do so for your benefit or to pander to your fears.

If you are vaxed, WTF do you care if people around you are not? What was the point in getting vaxed if you're still walking around in a mask and still scared of going out in the public?

The problem is people like you in more government controlled countries don't understand ours along with our Constitution. In a free society, government is kept at bay from running our lives.

When did I ever claim that people will only work if they're "forced" to? The truth is that most people enjoy working. The people that I'm talking about are the ones that don't have any work ethic at all and WILL sit on their asses and not work if you enable them to do so!

As for rich kids being "given" an education by their parents? With all due respect, one of the reasons that many people work as hard as they do is so they can give things to their children. Why you think that's wrong escapes me. It's money they've earned...they have the right to spend it as they see fit.
You are right. So tell me, those people that are happy sitting on their ass and not working, do you really want them in the labor force? Hell, they will sit on their ass there given the opportunity. Me, I am willing to pay them to stay the hell out of my way.

You are right. So tell me, those people that are happy sitting on their ass and not working, do you really want them in the labor force? Hell, they will sit on their ass there given the opportunity. Me, I am willing to pay them to stay the hell out of my way.
I'm willing to let them starve. Why should society work when they aren't willing to? I believe in Natural Selection. If you're able bodied and not willing to work? Don't expect me to give you anything but scorn.

Pure stupidity. If you are afraid of going out because of the unvaxed, then you're the one that needs to make the decision to stay home or not. People who are not vaxed should not have to bunker down over your fears. If you're scared to go out, then you stay home--not insist they do so for your benefit or to pander to your fears.

If you are vaxed, WTF do you care if people around you are not? What was the point in getting vaxed if you're still walking around in a mask and still scared of going out in the public?

The problem is people like you in more government controlled countries don't understand ours along with our Constitution. In a free society, government is kept at bay from running our lives.
Because of the unvaxed, those that have been vaxed are the problem. The virus has mutated. A year ago the people in ICU and on ventilators were the elderly, the obese, and those with lung conditions like asthma. Today, they are younger, not obese, and otherwise healthy. The mutated virus can still attack those that have been vaxed, and they don't know it. So they pass it on to the unvaxed, the virus continues to mutate, and we find ourselves in a never ending battle.

A good example of our Republican cart theory:

The village people build this huge cart. They all pull the cart to try it out and it flies down the road effortlessly. As some people get tired of pulling the cart, they jump inside the cart instead, and of course the cart moves slower. When half of the people decide they no longer want to pull the cart but sit in the cart instead, the cart stops.

When I was younger and you got out of school, your parents helped you along for a short time to get you started. I stayed home until the age of 20, got my own apartment, and never went back. Today people are living with their parents well into their 30's, and some into their 40's. You didn't see much of that when I was young, so your choices were to work or starve. Social programs were not nearly as generous back then as they are today.

Because of the unvaxed, those that have been vaxed are the problem. The virus has mutated. A year ago the people in ICU and on ventilators were the elderly, the obese, and those with lung conditions like asthma. Today, they are younger, not obese, and otherwise healthy. The mutated virus can still attack those that have been vaxed, and they don't know it. So they pass it on to the unvaxed, the virus continues to mutate, and we find ourselves in a never ending battle.
Viruses will always mutate, Winston...it's what they do! What you want us to do is to perpetuate a never ending cycle of vaccines for viruses that mutate faster than we can come up with the next vaccine. Meanwhile you're pumping things into people's bodies that nobody know the long term effects of. That's crazy!

Okay, so we all get vaxed. What about the millions of illegals Dementia is ushering into this country that are mostly untested, then busing or flying them across the country coast to coast? We are not talking about a few countries like before, these people are flying into Mexico to cross our border from over 100 different countries. Then we can get to the Afghan situation. You have no problem with that though, do you?

A good example of our Republican cart theory:

The village people build this huge cart. They all pull the cart to try it out and it flies down the road effortlessly. As some people get tired of pulling the cart, they jump inside the cart instead, and of course the cart moves slower. When half of the people decide they no longer want to pull the cart but sit in the cart instead, the cart stops.

When I was younger and you got out of school, your parents helped you along for a short time to get you started. I stayed home until the age of 20, got my own apartment, and never went back. Today people are living with their parents well into their 30's, and some into their 40's. You didn't see much of that when I was young, so your choices were to work or starve. Social programs were not nearly as generous back then as they are today.
I was out of the house at 18 and supporting myself. Put myself through college without taking out student loans. Of course that was when my tuition for a year of school was about $2,500. Someone will have to explain to me why the cost of higher education has absolutely EXPLODED over the past forty years! You have a problem with student debt? Ask why colleges charge so much!

Forum List

Back