will the left demonize the Supreme Court if they strike down Colorado's ballet ruling ?

You better read Gorsuch's opinions will serving on the appeal court in Colorado. He is pro states' rights. I think Roberts is as well. Barrett will be the swing vote.

Oh, John...as usual...you're clueless. I think it's going to be a unanimous vote to overturn the Colorado decision. It's such a bad ruling that even the far left liberals on the SC are going to run from it!

we saw crowds of leftists protest outside the SC and near the homes of Justices that struck down Roe V Wade and even an arrest of an individual who was planning to assassinate one of the justices ... with the drama being dialed up by the left over the possible election of Donald Trump will leftists go insane if Colorado's decision to keep Trump off the Ballot is struck down ? will the left say the SC is illegitimate and call for the packing of the courts ! will they [like Schumer stated ] reap the whirlwind ?
This is an interesting turn.

Say SCOTUS takes up the case
A ruling against Trump will continue the election crap we've had for 3 years into the foreseeable future
A ruling for Trump essentially declares the president is wholly outside the law. Any law. The president could cancel elections, fire judges, FIRE CONGRESS and there's nothing that can be done about it.
SCOTUS could just sit on the case till after the election. The TRO would continue and after the election the matter would be moot.

OR (and my choice)

The SCOTUS could reject the matter using the logic that this is purely a state matter since the finding applies only to the primary. The ruling stays in place, respecting State's rights, Trump loses a few delegates in a nomination he'll easily win, and SCOTUS avoids the impacts of ruling on the matter.

Interesting indeed.

Oh, John...as usual...you're clueless. I think it's going to be a unanimous vote to overturn the Colorado decision. It's such a bad ruling that even the far left liberals on the SC are going to run from it!
Maybe 8 to 1. Biden's appointee may well side with the Colorado court.

Baked into this question is an assumption that the power of a state supreme court to remove a candidate from a ballot could only ever happen for illegitimate reasons. But that isn't the case here. CO does in fact have a stipulation that people who engage in insurrection are not permitted to appear on ballots in CO. And they did in fact determine in court that Trump engaged in insurrection, per their understanding of what that word means.
The fact that someone calling themselves a "judge" came to the conclusion that they could essentially find someone guilty of a crime without their being charged let alone convicted begs the question...WHO ARE THESE IDIOTS?

The ruling was wrong. I believe that corporations are people when Texas executes one.
All this campaign finance mess started in 1974 with passage of that law, Citizens United was another in a line of lawsuits.

I was listening to a legal scholar today, and in his opinion Trump can use his impeachment acquital as precedent in his defense of being allowed to be on the ballot. We'll see.

we saw crowds of leftists protest outside the SC and near the homes of Justices that struck down Roe V Wade and even an arrest of an individual who was planning to assassinate one of the justices ... with the drama being dialed up by the left over the possible election of Donald Trump will leftists go insane if Colorado's decision to keep Trump off the Ballot is struck down ? will the left say the SC is illegitimate and call for the packing of the courts ! will they [like Schumer stated ] reap the whirlwind ?
The can't strike down the Colorado decision , only reaffirm the Constitution on this issue.

I hate to say this But-
Are they already at the Justices homes and will withdraw Only if the mob approves of the ruling?

Forum List

Back