Will the National GOP learn from Virginia?

Women do not all think the same or have the same political ideas. The are divided just like men.

Of course they don't all think the same. But the numbers certainly suggest that in aggregate women swing left and men swing right.

So are you arguing that nothing would be different today, politically speaking, if women were never allowed to vote?

Or are you just saying that you disagree with me about how it would be different? If so, please elaborate?

I was only focused on the modern element.

Taking a look back in history... We would not have had prohibition. Course that was thrown out.

We would not have had female hiring and promotion quotas. Which led to racial quotas. So we would have had less discrimination against white males. We would have less attempts at woosification of our boys in our school systems and subsequently of our men in politics.

We would not be murdering children in the womb by the tens of millions.

So would there be differences? yes.

But I disagree with these points "Probably no FDR, no Social Security, no medicare, little or no welfare, no JFK,..." I believe all of those would still be in place, I would not blame female voting for any of those issues.

From where I'm sitting, you're agreeing and disagreeing with pretty much the same underlying point... we'd be more reflective of conservative values today if women were never given the vote. And while you have every right to think that JFK and Clinton would've been elected without women voters, it is my opinion that you couldn't be more wrong about that.

You saying they "seduced" women into voting for them with their willy ways?

I was only focused on the modern element.

Taking a look back in history... We would not have had prohibition. Course that was thrown out.

We would not have had female hiring and promotion quotas. Which led to racial quotas. So we would have had less discrimination against white males. We would have less attempts at woosification of our boys in our school systems and subsequently of our men in politics.

But I disagree with these points "Probably no FDR, no Social Security, no medicare, little or no welfare, no JFK,..." I believe all of those would still be in place, I would not blame female voting for any of those issues.

From where I'm sitting, you're agreeing and disagreeing with pretty much the same underlying point... we'd be more reflective of conservative values today if women were never given the vote. And while you have every right to think that JFK and Clinton would've been elected without women voters, it is my opinion that you couldn't be more wrong about that.

I'm saying that evidence suggests women voted for them a lot more than they didn't.

Women do not all think the same or have the same political ideas. The are divided just like men.

Of course they don't all think the same. But the numbers certainly suggest that in aggregate women swing left and men swing right.

Or... there are more black women & hispanic women voting than black and hispanic men voting and these black and hispanic women are voting 98% democrat.

I would bet the break down between non-black & hispanic women and white & asian women would be significantly different.

Any time there is a significant disparity in a statistic, like blacks voting all one party, that statistic can be leveraged to make all kinds of false statistical assumptions.

Last edited:
David C. Wilson: The Elephant in the Exit Poll Results: Most White Women Supported Romney

2012-11-08-z2.PNG

I'm saying that evidence suggests women voted for them a lot more than they didn't.

No. As shown above the "evidence" suggests nearly all blacks and most hispanics voted democrat. The primary differentiation was race not gender.

Last edited:
blame the TeaPs pure and simple for VA

any mainstream GOP could have won

another lesson (learned, unlearned) about running TeaPs for important offices.

You know exactly what you get with TeaPoCrappery

Yeah cause if it wasn't for the tea party blacks would suddenly vote for republicans. ROFL Fakey you are the only person that keeps PMZ from being known as the dumbest man in America.

No. As shown above the "evidence" suggests nearly all blacks and most hispanics voted democrat. The primary differentiation was race not gender.

You're citing the one election where minorities got to vote for a minority for president as evidence that women don't skew democratic? :lol:

Go look up the historical stats and see if your argument holds water.

You're citing the one election where minorities got to vote for a minority for president as evidence that women don't skew democratic? :lol:

No, you do it. I provided enough evidence to blow out your accusation for the last election. Now you post your proof that minorities did not vote in lock step for Clinton. Then explain why Clinton lost to Obama.

Last edited:

No, you do it. I provided enough evidence to blow out your accusation for the last election. Now you post your proof that minorities did not vote in lock step for Clinton.

You did no such thing.

But I did look it up and what I found is that I was wrong about FDR, but right about JFK and Clinton. It appears that prior to 1960, men were actually more likely to vote democrat than women, but since 1960 it's been the other way around and the gap was the largest for Clinton. Did you know that more men voted for Dole than Clinton in 1996? That surprised even me.

Now I'm left to wonder what happened around 1960 to cause it to flip? Television? :dunno:

Yeah cause if it wasn't for the tea party blacks would suddenly vote for republicans. ROFL Fakey you are the only person that keeps PMZ from being known as the dumbest man in America.

Christy got 80% of the blacks, son. How many did cooch get?

Truth? PMZ is an Einstein compared to you. Read my sentence above any time you doubt that.

No, you do it. I provided enough evidence to blow out your accusation for the last election. Now you post your proof that minorities did not vote in lock step for Clinton.

You did no such thing.

But I did look it up and what I found is that I was wrong about FDR, but right about JFK and Clinton. It appears that prior to 1960, men were actually more likely to vote democrat than women, but since 1960 it's been the other way around and the gap was the largest for Clinton. Did you know that more men voted for Dole than Clinton in 1996? That surprised even me.

Now I'm left to wonder what happened around 1960 to cause it to flip? Television? :dunno:

You may be talking about "looks." And I would agree that folks who look the part are more likely to get elected for the part. However, that does not say only women use looks.

Further as I pointed out the larger difference is race not gender. While there is a difference in how men and women vote that difference is smaller than the difference between race.

Your argument is equivalent to making a mountain out of a mole hill while ignoring the volcano at your back.

Change your argument to giving blacks and females the vote have forever changed American politics and I'll agree. But when the elephant in the room is racism, and you are blaming feminism, well that's just a bit disingenuous. For example, it could be argued the gay swing vote won Obama the election.

However the race issue was > than the feminism issue > which was > than the sexual orientation issue. Which to me points to how much racism, welfare, and sex plays in American politics.

Last edited:
The blacks didn't doom Cuc; the women did. And when even Romney lost the women ... after passing his HC plan in Mass, that's very bad news for the gop. We need to stop trying to stick our magic wants up the vaginas of women who want abortions, and we should be happy helping to pay for mamograms and birth control

Christy got 80% of the blacks, son. How many did cooch get?

Truth? PMZ is an Einstein compared to you. Read my sentence above any time you doubt that.

ROFL you are truly an idiot. Chris Christie got 20% of the black vote, not 80%.

Opinion: What GOP can learn from Cuccinelli's tanking bid in Virginia - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Virginia is a cautionary tale for conservatives this year. And those Republicans who always argue that their party wins when it moves further to the right are going to have a lot of explaining to do after Election Day.

This was written before the election, but I doubt the GOP will learn a lesson. Their call now is, "But the margin wasn't as big as......"

Actually, the GOP should have kept the Governor's mansion from all historical accounts. And they could have if they had nominated Bill Bolling the moderate Lt Gov. But the TP fanatics and the untra-right out of state money pushed for Coooooch.

This is just a small lesson for the national GOP. Will they heed the warning or continue their march to the right?
yea, we learned that the democrats claiming the were a heavy favorite to win barely eeked by. on the other hand, a republican dominated a very liberal state in NJ

You did no such thing.

You may be talking about "looks." And I would agree that folks who look the part are more likely to get elected for the part. However, that does not say only women use looks.

Further as I pointed out the larger difference is race not gender. While there is a difference in how men and women vote that difference is smaller than the difference between race.

Your argument is equivalent to making a mountain out of a mole hill while ignoring the volcano at your back.

Change your argument to giving blacks and females the vote have forever changed American politics and I'll agree. But when the elephant in the room is racism, and you are blaming feminism, well that's just a bit disingenuous. For example, it could be argued the gay swing vote won Obama the election.

However the race issue was > than the feminism issue > which was > than the sexual orientation issue. Which to me points to how much racism, welfare, and sex plays in American politics.

Agree to disagree on the finer points.

Saying that the race gap has a greater impact than the gender gap is a subjective opinion, one I happen to disagree with, but that's just my opinion. However it's still a fact that since 1960, women have skewed democrat relative to men in presidential elections.

You did no such thing.

Agree to disagree on the finer points.

Saying that the race gap has a greater impact than the gender gap is a subjective opinion, one I happen to disagree with, but that's just my opinion. However it's still a fact that since 1960, women have skewed democrat relative to men in presidential elections.
Yes. However, just as income is not zero sum, in so far as your neighbor earning income does not mean you have less income,... Just because democrats are pandering to the women, and winning that vote, does not mean if women were not voting the democrats would not pander to pansy men. Nor does it mean women issues had no sway on their husband's vote before women had the vote.

It's just as likely that women are voting democrat because there have been little if any viable republican candidates.

Who in their right mind would vote for these 100year old republicans they keep trotting up? There are only so many old white men to sway the vote for old white men.

Yes. However, just as income is not zero sum, in so far as your neighbor earning income does not mean you have less income,... Just because democrats are pandering to the women, and winning that vote, does not mean if women were not voting the democrats would not pander to pansy men. Nor does it mean women issues had no sway on their husband's vote before women had the vote.

It's just as likely that women are voting democrat because there have been little if any viable republican candidates.

Who in their right mind would vote for these 100year old republicans they keep trotting up? There are only so many old white men to sway the vote for old white men.

You should take it up with this guy, you two seem to be on opposites sides of this academic debate:

Forum List

Back