Will the National GOP learn from Virginia?

Nope. Not normal ones.

NOrmal people worry about that all the time.

Oh, hey guess what. 9 shot in detroit... three fatally.

We totally don't have a gun probelm.

Funny thing is, 40 states have more guns per capita than Michigan does. States like Idaho, Montana, Kentucky, North Dakota have far more guns per capita than Detroit, yet they don't seem to have a similar crime problem.

I wonder, what is the most glaring difference between a place like Idaho or Montana and Detroit? C'mon, I think we all know the first thing that came to mind.

States With the Most Legal Guns in 2012 - The Daily Beast

People in Detroit don't marry their cousins like they do in Idaho?

Is the Canadian system any good? I don't know a thing about it.
Canadians love their Medicare.

and come to the US to be operated or diagnosed on oncology specifics :lol:

Last numbers I saw estimated that 0.8% of Canadians came to the US for medical treatments.

I'm Canadian and have had several friends and family members who have had cancer, including my father who was recently diagnosed with melanoma. Generally, once you've been diagnosed, you get treatment ASAP. If you have a "lifestyle" affliction, i.e. knee replacement, you can wait for months for treatment.

What they should learn is that the Democrat candidates back 3rd party candidates in order to get votes away from the Republicans. Not sure what the Republicans can do on this. The green party doesn't run anymore because the DNC placated them enough that there is no incentive.

The problem is Libertarians are fiscal conservatives but often social liberals. Not sure what the Republicans can do to absorb them into the party. Maybe being more socially liberal. That would eliminate the 3rd party vote loss for Republicans but could alienate the social conservatives.

Maybe we can just make it illegal for either major party to financially back any 3rd party candidate but I'm sure the Democrats would work around that law.

What about the McCain/Bush type of foreign policy today's republican party seems to have and the civil liberties issues that both the republicans and democrats voted for? How would you sway the Libertarians over to your party? As far as funding campaigns;Cuccinelli had plenty of funding from outside of our state, as well as funding from single issue groups. What's wrong with Sarvis getting the same? What's wrong with having more than two viable parties running for office?

Canadians love their Medicare.

and come to the US to be operated or diagnosed on oncology specifics :lol:

Last numbers I saw estimated that 0.8% of Canadians came to the US for medical treatments.

I'm Canadian and have had several friends and family members who have had cancer, including my father who was recently diagnosed with melanoma. Generally, once you've been diagnosed, you get treatment ASAP. If you have a "lifestyle" affliction, i.e. knee replacement, you can wait for months for treatment.

depends on the cancer. melanoma has to be treated ASAP.

knees are replaced regularly here. so are hips. but the most vulnerable are some who need gene mapping for some specific tumors - that can not wait, and they are pushed to wait.
The most often encountered ones are breast cancers.

Learn what?

That dimocraps out-spent Republicans almost two to one?

That dimocraps brought in dozens of National figures to campaign for McAuliffe?

That Cuccinelli closed a 12 point gap in a matter of days with NO MONEY?

That Cuccinelli only had 2 weeks to campaign against obamacare and the rest of the Republican party has a year until the mid-terms?

That a dimocrap scumbag and MAJOR dimocrap bundler financed a PHONY FUCKING LIBERTARIAN to siphon votes away from Cuccinelli?

From just a few days ago

McAuliffe opens up double-digit lead over Cuccinelli in Virginia governor?s race - The Washington Post

(WaPo) — Democrat Terry McAuliffe has opened a double-digit lead over Republican Ken Cuccinelli II in the race for Virginia governor, in a new poll capturing increasing dissatisfaction among voters with Cuccinelli’s party and his conservative views.

According to a new Washington Post/Abt SRBI poll, McAuliffe tops Cuccinelli 51 percent to 39 percent among likely voters in the Nov. 5 election. McAuliffe led by eight percentage points in a poll taken last month. Libertarian Robert Sarvis, who has capitalized on voter unrest with the two major-party candidates, is at 8 percent, according to the new poll.

From just a few hours ago

Election Day 2013: Results - CNN.com

Screen-shot-2013-11-05-at-9.01.33-PM-550x127.png

dimocraps put everything they had in this race, complete with the usual cheating and lying. McAuliffe is a former Party Chairman and for him to lose in a Purple State would have been crippling to dimocraps.

That he BARELY won speaks volumes. Yeah, we learned a lot.

How'd we do in New Jersey? One of THE bluest of blue States in the Country.....

Excuses, excuses, excuses.............. :lol: What's wrong with Sarvis taking votes away from anybody? That's what he's supposed to do when running for office. What's wrong with people choosing Sarvis over Cuccinelli?
What a bunch of candy asses!!!! "Rock ribbed conservatives" my ass!

Funny thing is, 40 states have more guns per capita than Michigan does. States like Idaho, Montana, Kentucky, North Dakota have far more guns per capita than Detroit, yet they don't seem to have a similar crime problem.

I wonder, what is the most glaring difference between a place like Idaho or Montana and Detroit? C'mon, I think we all know the first thing that came to mind.

I don't think there is any proof of that.

The demographic differences are pretty glaring, you were indirectly getting at this by taking a shot at the people of Idaho.

Also, I'll up your cousin marriage with an astronomically high illegitimacy rate, which can actually be proven, unlike your claim.

I suspect they don't marry at all but many have many kids.

it may have took a third party supported by the dems to

get a dem in office

however it looks like the

Attorney general job will be a republican

mark obenshain(R) 49.9
mark herring (D) 49.87

unless al franken can show up in time with a trunk of missing ballots

get a dem in office

mark obenshain(R) 49.9
mark herring (D) 49.87

I think your data is out of date...

Herring, Obenshain may face recount in Va. AG?s race; December outcome likely - The Washington Post

State Sen. Mark D. Obenshain (R-Harrisonburg) held a 727-vote lead over state Sen. Mark R. Herring (D-Loudoun) on Wednesday evening, according to the Virginia State Board of Elections. More than 2 million votes were cast in the race.

The margin widened and narrowed throughout the day, as local election boards began reviewing Tuesday’s vote. Boards spent the day processing provisional ballots, votes cast by individuals who didn’t have proper ID at the polls or who went to the wrong polling place. They also began to canvass returns, combing through them for human and mechanical errors.

Who would've thought that Kondor3 would argue so passionately that liberal women are intelligent, informed voters, so much that it even required neg repping someone who said otherwise.

Damn, I definitely didn't see that coming.

get a dem in office

mark obenshain(R) 49.9
mark herring (D) 49.87

I think your data is out of date...

Herring, Obenshain may face recount in Va. AG?s race; December outcome likely - The Washington Post

State Sen. Mark D. Obenshain (R-Harrisonburg) held a 727-vote lead over state Sen. Mark R. Herring (D-Loudoun) on Wednesday evening, according to the Virginia State Board of Elections. More than 2 million votes were cast in the race.

The margin widened and narrowed throughout the day, as local election boards began reviewing Tuesday’s vote. Boards spent the day processing provisional ballots, votes cast by individuals who didn’t have proper ID at the polls or who went to the wrong polling place. They also began to canvass returns, combing through them for human and mechanical errors.

no actually it isnt out of date

but thanks anyhow

Who would've thought that Kondor3 would argue so passionately that liberal women are intelligent, informed voters, so much that it even required neg repping someone who said otherwise. Damn, I definitely didn't see that coming.
It's a big universe. Plenty of room in it for hybrids like me - part Conservative, part Moderate, part Liberal - cherry-picking in Cafeteria Style on an issue-by-issue basis.

Surprise...
wink_smile.gif
...good catch...
thumbs_up.gif
...much obliged.

But, let's be clear... I was referring to ALL women... not just one political inclination or another.
tongue_smile.gif

Last edited:
Learn what?

That dimocraps out-spent Republicans almost two to one?

That dimocraps brought in dozens of National figures to campaign for McAuliffe?

That Cuccinelli closed a 12 point gap in a matter of days with NO MONEY?

That Cuccinelli only had 2 weeks to campaign against obamacare and the rest of the Republican party has a year until the mid-terms?

That a dimocrap scumbag and MAJOR dimocrap bundler financed a PHONY FUCKING LIBERTARIAN to siphon votes away from Cuccinelli?

From just a few days ago

McAuliffe opens up double-digit lead over Cuccinelli in Virginia governor?s race - The Washington Post

(WaPo) — Democrat Terry McAuliffe has opened a double-digit lead over Republican Ken Cuccinelli II in the race for Virginia governor, in a new poll capturing increasing dissatisfaction among voters with Cuccinelli’s party and his conservative views.

According to a new Washington Post/Abt SRBI poll, McAuliffe tops Cuccinelli 51 percent to 39 percent among likely voters in the Nov. 5 election. McAuliffe led by eight percentage points in a poll taken last month. Libertarian Robert Sarvis, who has capitalized on voter unrest with the two major-party candidates, is at 8 percent, according to the new poll.

From just a few hours ago

Election Day 2013: Results - CNN.com

Screen-shot-2013-11-05-at-9.01.33-PM-550x127.png

dimocraps put everything they had in this race, complete with the usual cheating and lying. McAuliffe is a former Party Chairman and for him to lose in a Purple State would have been crippling to dimocraps.

That he BARELY won speaks volumes. Yeah, we learned a lot.

How'd we do in New Jersey? One of THE bluest of blue States in the Country.....

Excuses, excuses, excuses.............. :lol: What's wrong with Sarvis taking votes away from anybody? That's what he's supposed to do when running for office. What's wrong with people choosing Sarvis over Cuccinelli?
What a bunch of candy asses!!!! "Rock ribbed conservatives" my ass!

whats wrong with it is that he was funded by a democrat funding bundler, he was never a real libertarian candidate, he was a paid dem/lib hack who was put in the race to ensure that the clintons suck buddy would win.

Who would've thought that Kondor3 would argue so passionately that liberal women are intelligent, informed voters, so much that it even required neg repping someone who said otherwise. Damn, I definitely didn't see that coming.
It's a big universe. Plenty of room in it for hybrids like me - part Conservative, part Moderate, part Liberal - cherry-picking in Cafeteria Style on an issue-by-issue basis.

Surprise...
wink_smile.gif
...good catch...
thumbs_up.gif
...much obliged.

But, let's be clear... I was referring to ALL women... not just one political inclination or another.
tongue_smile.gif

Glad to meet a fellow cherry picker. :cool:

But just so I'm clear, are you saying that ALL women are intelligent, informed voters? :dunno:

In related news...
[MENTION=42379]Redfish[/MENTION] struggles with considerable difficulty following along. :rofl:

We need more panties in politics. The boxers and briefs have been srewing things up for long enough.

"...But just so I'm clear, are you saying that ALL women are intelligent, informed voters?"
Nope. I'm sure there are just as many low-info voters on the female side of the gender fence as on the male side.

My 'all' was intended to embrace Left, Right and Center rather than just the Left, as your original in this series might otherwise lead one to believe.
wink_smile.gif

Forum List

Back