Will the Trump Stock Market crash equal Bush’s?

rightwinger what you have to understand is the banking debacle was a real crisis. That’s why democrats were forced to work with a lame duck republican president on a enormous piece of legislation

What you don’t understand is that our country was on the verge of a depression and Republicans wanted the economy to fail rather than help Obama get out of it

rightwinger what you have to understand is the banking debacle was a real crisis. That’s why democrats were forced to work with a lame duck republican president on a enormous piece of legislation

What you don’t understand is that our country was on the verge of a depression and Republicans wanted the economy to fail rather than help Obama get out of it

Anything tangible to show for obozo’s stimulus ?

The stock market was at 19,000 when Trump took office.All of a sudden if it falls back to that mark we will be in a Depression
Mister,can you spare a dime?.

The stock market may tank with lessened consumer confidence due to incoming Democrat Congress and Fed abnormally raising rates too fast.

The economy will slow some, but nothing like the Bush days. Fuel will continue to be cheaper, housing may fall a bit..maybe. The grocery store may get interesting as adjustments for the tariffs are made.

Nothing like what Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama did. They totally wrecked the economy.

Consumer confidence remains very high.

The main reason why stocks are going down is mainly because interest rates are going up.

However, companies are turning cautious because of tariffs.

Also, even though the US economy remains strong, the rest of the world is slowing.

Trump's tariff wars have driven the DOW down 16.5% percent in 3 months, and investors are on the verge of panic. The Trump administration is trying to initiate some sort of damage control with major banks. There has not been a drop like this since the GOP allowed financial institutions to work virtually without regulation under Bush Jr. All of this in a period of full employment. And Trump voters voted for him because he is a "businessman".

It has been ten years since Republicans crashed the stock market

Trump is showing signs of collapsing the economy

No, because the Democrats ONLY control the House. Democrats controlled the House AND Senate during the end of Bush's terms, which is why the economy crashed SO completely.

And a Bush veto blocked all legislation

So what exactly did Democrats pass that caused an economic crash?

Bush veto? The guy only vetoed 12 bills and of that, 4 were overridden So, the "veto defense" fails.

U.S. Senate: Vetoes by President George W. Bush

And to answer the second part:

Government Policies Caused The Financial Crisis And Made the Recession Worse

There are vetos and threats of veto which have the same outcome
Bottom line....no legislation affecting the economy got through

So, I provide documentation and you make a pronouncement...yep, you've devolved into a troll that no longer can sustain an argument. Sad for you.

It never ceases to amaze me how otherwise reasonable people can see politics where there is none. In this case, rightwinger you have shown how little you understand the economy and especially the stock market. If you go back and read some of my post, you’ll find that I predicted the market to drop, perhaps as low as djia 17,000, even before Trump won. But partisan hacks, both on the left on the right, always make fools of themselves by blaming the ills in the market on their political foes. If you identify as Republican or Democrat, and you lack commitment to core values and suffer from low self confidence, you will undoubtedly put your party affiliation above reason and common sense.

...Republicans crashed the stock market...
plvwmrkt.jpg

SUPERB POST! Political hacks, if they invested in the market the way they vote, would all be in soup lines.

I predict a "Yuge" stock market crash under Trump's leadershit.
Trump will take the same tact as Bush

Deny there is anything wrong and then blame Dems

You’re wrong already, no surprise. Trump is blaming the Federal Reserve, specifically J. Powell. And in a sense he’s right, but you’d never understand. The Fed caused this stock bubble with monetary policy, and now they are causing the drop.

Honestly, it felt kind of good to say “I told you so” after Dubya’s Presidency completely crashed and burned, leaving our alliances and economy in complete turmoil and disaster; but god dammit did I hope I’d never have to say it again.
I feel exactly the same way. I was hoping after W Republicans would learn. Instead they’ve gone completely in the opposite direction, doubled down and become even more destructive.

If the DOW drops another 500 points from where it is right now - it will be in an official 'Bear market'.

Wow...how things have changed from just a few months ago.

As of 10:56 AM, AZ time, the DOW has lost over 600 points TODAY ONLY! What the hell is it going to take to convince Trump supporters that his administration is an economic disaster? Christ on a bicycle, Trump is going to make Herbert Hover look like a genius, in comparison!

DOW returns

5 Day -7.63%
1 Month -10.27%
3 Months -17.96%
YTD -11.84%
1 Year -11.97%

Fugly.

And before Trumpbots start screaming: 'It's all the Fed's fault'?

Remember - Trump appointed both the Fed Chair and Vice Chair...so he has no one to blame but himself for what the Fed is doing.

Trump Market is down 5000 points in just three months

He just mopes about his wall

Forum List

Back