Will the US economy have another boom or it will be stagnating forever?

The stock market is not a reflection of the economy. And it is so manipulated and scammed that it's not even a reflection of anything. Bubbles constantly inflate and burst, and the stock market is currently the biggest bubble in history. And even though it will bust, that is not our biggest problem. The major problem is that the value of the US dollar is a giant bubble. And when that one bursts, you can have billions in the bank and it will be worthless to you. Look at what happened to Germany after ww1. Look at Russia after cold war. Look at zimbabwe, argentina, etc. If you want to invest, you need hard assets, not a digital claim to a peice of a company denominated in fiat currency

The problem with the US economy is that it is heavily tied to the global stock market trends. Businesses won't hire again until the stock market pops most of it's bubbles. We've been sitting stagnant as a whole since around 89' or so - individual companies may have risen, but as a whole global market has been pretty flat, really only had crashes and recoveries...

I disagree. Thanks in large part to technological advances (think computers), most First World and some emerging economies have seen extraordinary productivity and valuation gains. If you have had $100,000 in any of America's most popular stock index funds since 1988 it is worth nearly $1mil today.

Oh trust me I know, I dumped money into computers back in the 90s. However, /that/ was a completely different time for the US, on the edge of the technological revolution.

Which is why I believe we will not see another jump in the market until another "x revolution" hits, if you look at the history, nearly every time the market pops high it's some new thing - industry, cars/oil, computers, etc. the next "revolution" is going to be cheap energy (which the oil giants will takeover) or something "galactic" (space tourism, off planet resource mining, etc.)

The stock market is not a reflection of the economy. And it is so manipulated and scammed that it's not even a reflection of anything. Bubbles constantly inflate and burst, and the stock market is currently the biggest bubble in history. And even though it will bust, that is not our biggest problem. The major problem is that the value of the US dollar is a giant bubble. And when that one bursts, you can have billions in the bank and it will be worthless to you. Look at what happened to Germany after ww1. Look at Russia after cold war. Look at zimbabwe, argentina, etc. If you want to invest, you need hard assets, not a digital claim to a peice of a company denominated in fiat currency

It isn't a "reflection" but it has a lot of influence on business - which seriously effects the economy.

~ How does the stock market affect the economy Economics Help
~ What Is a Stock and How Do Stocks Affect the Economy Finance - Zacks
~ How Does the Stock Market Affect the Economy and Why

I agree 100% on the US dollar though, which is exactly why a lot of the wealthy tie their cash up in the market. When the US dollar pops, or even if it loses global domination, investors can pull out in whatever country comes out on top (my bet atm is china/japan) as long as they stick to the global stocks. They'll take a hit for sure, the whole world will frankly, but not like those who bank US dollars will. The other option is raw commodity, gold, silver, etc.

Yanno, Chicken Little hand-wringers have always claimed that "the sky is falling." No kidding. The market suffered 2 major meltdowns since 2000 and recovered nicely each time but you have the option of finding a cave or tree and making it your home if that makes you feel safe and secure.
Me?
I'll light another cigar and open another bottle of The Macallan.

Yanno, Chicken Little hand-wringers have always claimed that "the sky is falling." No kidding. The market suffered 2 major meltdowns since 2000 and recovered nicely each time but you have the option of finding a cave or tree and making it your home if that makes you feel safe and secure.
Me?
People with your mentality are the reason we are on the verge of failing. I don't need to find a cave, I would rather stand for my country and be on the right side of history. If we can save America from committing suicide, it has to start with Americans caring about something other than their favorite TV shows. Put the cigar and bottle down and try to be a productive citizen. Our founding fathers warned that if America falls, the cause will come from within. And watching your country be overtaken by communist ideologies and not standing against it is just as bad as dropping a nuke on us

Me?
People with your mentality are the reason we are on the verge of failing. I don't need to find a cave, I would rather stand for my country and be on the right side of history. If we can save America from committing suicide, it has to start with Americans caring about something other than their favorite TV shows. Put the cigar and bottle down and try to be a productive citizen. Our founding fathers warned that if America falls, the cause will come from within. And watching your country be overtaken by communist ideologies and not standing against it is just as bad as dropping a nuke on us

My actively productive years are behind me - I'm retired - but my investments keep on producing jobs, profits and residuals. As already noted, we "fail" and then we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and recover. BTW, I'm not the one who is recommending pulling out of the cap market and buying gold ... you are ... and there is no stronger anti-commie here than me.

We h
Me?

My actively productive years are behind me - I'm retired - but my investments keep on producing jobs, profits and residuals. As already noted, we "fail" and then we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and recover. BTW, I'm not the one who is recommending pulling out of the cap market and buying gold ... you are ... and there is no stronger anti-commie here than me.
We've reache'd the point where we are so far in the hole that we cannot simply dust ourselves off and recover. When the dollar collapses our country collapses. When the superpower of the world collapses everyone is affected. Deals are literally already signed by bush and obama allowing UN troops on American soil to contain the social unrest that will result. And even if your retired this is probably still going to come in your lifetime. I recommend looking up world renowned economists like Peter Schiff and people like a personal hero of mine, Ron Paul. The mainstream media is not going to give you the truth

We h
Me?

We've reache'd the point where we are so far in the hole that we cannot simply dust ourselves off and recover. When the dollar collapses our country collapses. When the superpower of the world collapses everyone is affected. Deals are literally already signed by bush and obama allowing UN troops on American soil to contain the social unrest that will result. And even if your retired this is probably still going to come in your lifetime. I recommend looking up world renowned economists like Peter Schiff and people like a personal hero of mine, Ron Paul. The mainstream media is not going to give you the truth

OK ... Schiff has been waaay wrong far more often than he's been right (see his gold predictions, 2013) and you may want to dig a bit deeper into the relationship of Ron Paul and Porter Stansbury who, like Schiff, pretends to be a financial "guru." In 2002 Stansbury was fined $1.5mil by a federal judge as a result of a securities fraud case brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ... FRAUD.
The truth about your hero is out there if your are sincerely interested.
His Daddy's new "sky is falling" venture - in which he urges viewers to buy Stansbury's book, Survival Blueprint - will complicate, if not bury, Rand Paul's presidential candidacy.

I don't think that we can do anything to improve the situation as long as leftists are in charge. We need a strong republican authority to change things for the better. There are no successful leftist welfare states because leftism is just an another word for communism. They just want to give free stuff to everyone and equalize people making them believe into one paradigm leftists got used to.

As long as the Left exists in the US, the US Economy will struggle to stay flat.

This economy is going to crash. This crash will be so devastating it will make 2008 look like good times. We will wish it was still stagnating. The super rich are selling all their stocks. They are turning their assets into cash. A lot of large corporations are also accumulating cash. So much so that Apple shareholders sued to have money distributed to shareholders. They are accumulating this cash so that when the crash comes, they will buy up whole countries assets on the cheap. Because of trade agreements, our balance of payments is half a trillion dollars in the red EVERY YEAR. Since Reagan was in office, more than 60,000 U.S. plants have been shipped overseas. This has gone on under all presidents regardless of party. The government doesn't care what you want, it serves the corporations, Wall Street and the super rich. Thinking conservatives are going to save you is like a bunch of chickens hoping the Colonel will come take care of them. Liberals won't save you either. Both parties are corrupt. Both parties are owned..

I don't think that we can do anything to improve the situation as long as leftists are in charge. We need a strong republican authority to change things for the better. There are no successful leftist welfare states because leftism is just an another word for communism. They just want to give free stuff to everyone and equalize people making them believe into one paradigm leftists got used to.

As long as the Left exists in the US, the US Economy will struggle to stay flat.
Here is partial list of successful leftist welfare states. Germany, France, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Spain, Holland, Belgium.

Here is partial list of successful leftist welfare states. Germany, France, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Spain, Holland, Belgium.
They are far from being successful. Germany, France, Sweden and Netherlands are infested with Arab and Turkish immigrants, Spain is quite poor, Belgium has many internal tensions. Only Norway and Finland are somewhat successful.

Forum List

Back