Will trump be forced to use national emergency to build wall

The botox bitch Nancy and her Democrat hoard won't change and the deadline will pass without giving the American people their Wall.

So our beloved Pres.Trump will have no choice but to declare a National Emergency and have the Wall built.

Which is absolutely fine with me. ... :thup:

The botox bitch Nancy and her Democrat hoard won't change and the deadline will pass without giving the American people their Wall.

So our beloved Pres.Trump will have no choice but to declare a National Emergency and have the Wall built.

Which is absolutely fine with me. ...

And the Courts will slap him down when he tries it, assuming someone in the Justice Department doesn't talk some sense into him before he tries it.

And the Courts will slap him down when he tries it, assuming someone in the Justice Department doesn't talk some sense into him before he tries it.
The President can both Constitutionally and legally declare a National Emergency, and the courts can't stop him from building the Wall. ... :cool:

A recurring and consistent theme among those against protecting Americans.......clear in many of JoeB131's posts and others like him.....is this concept.....

"The Laws and Constitution of the US expressly allow both to be used against those it was supposed to protect, and to destroy the nation"

In other words, I find it interesting that those celebrating the downfall of the USA, are using our own laws and Constitution against us by twisting it's meanings then calling those who reject the twisting "bigots", "racists" and you name it.

What kind of US Court would rule AGAINST measures that protect American interests and lives???

Wouldn't those courts have to be run by enemies of The People?

Last edited:

Which is absolutely fine with me. ...

that's correct. on sept 14, 2001 - only 3 days after 19 animals slammed into the WTC & our country, killing over 5000 people - W. declared a national emergency...

Declaration of National Emergency by Reason Of Certain Terrorist Attacks

capt. crazy pants not only has to justify his reasoning because he can't just declare such a thing... he has to justify the length of time ( several weeks) it has taken him to do it.

and IF he actually does it & he has a favorable ruling, then the courts will have to go thru all the eminent domain lawsuits that will undoubtedly happen, thus tying it up even longer.

Most people get drunk and late into the night text their friends, or text for bootie calls. Aponi has neither in her life, so she posts on USMB. Sad!

The President can both Constitutionally and legally declare a National Emergency, and the courts can't stop him from building the Wall. ... :cool:

I do hope you are correct.

But I'm afraid Trump is part of the Swamp now. You are not allowed to sit as President unless you're in the Billionaires club and blessed by the Establishment. Elites run the show. Period.

Hillary lost in 2016 because the Establishment didn't want her in office at that time. The Right would have been pushed too far after the 8 years of Obama. So wisely, the Establishment threw out a bone to pacify the Right by the name of Trump. A NEW YORK DEMOCRAT.

But we're not gonna get a President who is For The People.
Ain't gonna happen in modern Amerika.

Last edited:
A recurring and consistent theme among those against protecting Americans.......clear in many of JoeB131's posts and others like him.....is this concept.....

"The Laws and Constitution of the US expressly allow both to be used against those it was supposed to protect, and to destroy the nation"

In other words, I find it interesting that those celebrating the downfall of the USA, are using our own laws and Constitution against us by twisting it's meanings then calling those who reject the twisting "bigots", "racists" and you name it.

What kind of US Court would rule AGAINST measures that protect American interests and lives???

Wouldn't those courts have to be run by enemies of The People?

The thing is, you have to really prove to me that this is an actual danger. You guys really haven't. Sure you have some crime, but we'd have crime anyway.

There are ways to fix this problem without building a wall... and we've done a lot of them, which is why the number of illegal crossings on the Southern Border is down 80% from their height in 2000.

The only national emergency is we have a crazy person in the white house who was willing to endanger thousands of lives so he could have a monument to his Ego on the Southern Border.

The President can both Constitutionally and legally declare a National Emergency, and the courts can't stop him from building the Wall. ...

Uh, yeah, actually, they can. Checks and Balances... they probably should have taught you that at some point.

The National Emergency remedy is a Joint Resolution of Congress. Since the remedy exists, the courts have no basis to stop the emergency declaration, i.e. it is LAWFUL.

The President can both Constitutionally and legally declare a National Emergency, and the courts can't stop him from building the Wall. ...

Uh, yeah, actually, they can. Checks and Balances... they probably should have taught you that at some point.

The National Emergency remedy is a Joint Resolution of Congress. Since the remedy exists, the courts have no basis to stop the emergency declaration, i.e. it is LAWFUL.
I see nothing about Congress here, except that the declaration be transmitted to Congress. What happens then depends on what statute the President is citing to use.

Where did you get a Joint Resolution of Congress? I am not criticizing--I am asking because I would really like to know how this happens.

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301

Fact Sheet
Overview

The National Emergencies Act (NEA) authorizes the president to declare a “national emergency.”1 A declaration under NEA triggers emergency authorities contained in other federal statutes. Past NEA declarations have addressed, among other things, the imposition of export controls and limitations on transactions and property from specified nations.2 A national emergency was declared in 2001 after the September 11th terrorist attacks and has been renewed every year since then. (Download a printable PDF.)

What the Law Does

The NEA authorizes the president to declare a national emergency, which declaration activates emergency powers contained in other federal statutes.3During the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic, the president’s declaration of a national emergency under the NEA, coupled with the HHS secretary’s prior determination of a public health emergency under Section 319 of the Public Health Service Act (PHSA), permitted the activation of Social Security Act (SSA) Section 1135 waiver authorities. (See Figure A for the text of the 2009 H1N1 NEA declaration.)

How the Law Works
The NEA does not provide any specific emergency authority on its own, but relies on emergency authorities provided in other statutes. A national emergency declaration allows for the activation of these other statutory authorities. Emergency statutory provisions are not activated automatically, however; they must be specifically identified in the president’s declaration before these authorities may be given effect.

Declaration
NEA Section 201 authorizes the president to declare a national emergency. The proclamation of a national emergency must be immediately transmitted to Congress and published in the Federal Register.1,2 Under NEA Section 301, statutory emergency authorities enabled by the national emergency declaration cannot be exercised until the president specifies the provisions of law under which the president or other officials will act. Such specification may be made either in the declaration or in subsequent Executive Orders published in theFederal Register and transmitted to Congress.

Termination
A national emergency can be terminated if the president issues a proclamation or if Congress enacts a joint resolution terminating the emergency. A national emergency will terminate automatically upon the anniversary of the proclamation unless the president renews the proclamation by transmitting notice to Congress within a 90-day period prior to the anniversary date and publishing it in the Federal Register.

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301 Fact Sheet | State Public Health | ASTHO

Which is absolutely fine with me. ... :thup:

The President can't declare a national emergency to flout the Constitution. There will be no wall.

As for Nancy Pelosi, she now owns Trump. She got the government re-opened and gave up nothing. Only a fool walks out of the negotiations at the first meeting.

Trump is the worst negotiator ever. You might want to rethink calling Mrs. Pelosi names. Dumb Donald is too afraid of her to do that.

I think it will be his only choice.
------------------------------------------ i think so but if he does he will have to ignore the court or courts . Maybe he can Force a Quick hearing at the 'supreme court' .

I see nothing about Congress here, except that the declaration be transmitted to Congress. What happens then depends on what statute the President is citing to use.

Where did you get a Joint Resolution of Congress? I am not criticizing--I am asking because I would really like to know how this happens.

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301

Fact Sheet
Overview

The National Emergencies Act (NEA) authorizes the president to declare a “national emergency.”1 A declaration under NEA triggers emergency authorities contained in other federal statutes. Past NEA declarations have addressed, among other things, the imposition of export controls and limitations on transactions and property from specified nations.2 A national emergency was declared in 2001 after the September 11th terrorist attacks and has been renewed every year since then. (Download a printable PDF.)

What the Law Does

The NEA authorizes the president to declare a national emergency, which declaration activates emergency powers contained in other federal statutes.3During the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic, the president’s declaration of a national emergency under the NEA, coupled with the HHS secretary’s prior determination of a public health emergency under Section 319 of the Public Health Service Act (PHSA), permitted the activation of Social Security Act (SSA) Section 1135 waiver authorities. (See Figure A for the text of the 2009 H1N1 NEA declaration.)

How the Law Works
The NEA does not provide any specific emergency authority on its own, but relies on emergency authorities provided in other statutes. A national emergency declaration allows for the activation of these other statutory authorities. Emergency statutory provisions are not activated automatically, however; they must be specifically identified in the president’s declaration before these authorities may be given effect.

Declaration
NEA Section 201 authorizes the president to declare a national emergency. The proclamation of a national emergency must be immediately transmitted to Congress and published in the Federal Register.1,2 Under NEA Section 301, statutory emergency authorities enabled by the national emergency declaration cannot be exercised until the president specifies the provisions of law under which the president or other officials will act. Such specification may be made either in the declaration or in subsequent Executive Orders published in theFederal Register and transmitted to Congress.

Termination
A national emergency can be terminated if the president issues a proclamation or if Congress enacts a joint resolution terminating the emergency. A national emergency will terminate automatically upon the anniversary of the proclamation unless the president renews the proclamation by transmitting notice to Congress within a 90-day period prior to the anniversary date and publishing it in the Federal Register.

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301 Fact Sheet | State Public Health | ASTHO

This is why I said that it takes a Joint Resolution of Congress to end the emergency:
Termination
A national emergency can be terminated if the president issues a proclamation or if Congress enacts a joint resolution terminating the emergency.

YES. It has been a humanitarian crisis and a national security crisis with the caravans here and those on the way. We cannot handle that many people and with this, some that will enter will do us harm. Not prepared to vet and process effectively that many people. Most of those in the caravans that entered were released never to be seen again. Also, create a financial crisis and if nothing is done on the border it will be a nightmare we can never fix and recover from because they will keep coming with nothing to stop them. Democrats are an evil entity and a danger to America

I think it will happen because democrats hate american values

Um, no, it has to be an actual emergency to use emergency powers.

The lowest level of illegal crossings in 30 years... This is not only a crisis, we are making real progress without a wall just doing what we are doing.
Lowest level? Where has your head been? Have you heard of the caravans from central and South America and thousands more on the way? And the problems we had in housing them and they were eventually, at the howling of the Democrats, released never to be seen again. With the mess in Venezuela another caravan on the way. What else is needed for you to believe there is a humanitarian and national security crisis. Which is going to create a financial crisis. Are ou deaf, blind and dumb?

They are bringing their pets, and mentally and physically disabled for America's taxpayers to pay for their medical, etc. This is a friggin nightmare.

Life With a Disability in the Migrant Caravan
Humanitarian Agencies Should Search for Migrants With Disabilities at US-Mexico Border

Carlos Ríos Espinosa
Senior Researcher and Advocate, Disability Rights Division.
Life With a Disability in the Migrant Caravan

Last edited:

Forum List

Back