Will White Privilege End Affirmative Action?

Ok. You didn't make that clear in the beginning.

You stated that "Blacks were freed from slavery PRIOR to Asians arriving in America.

As far as Asians arriving in America after 1965, that is a totally separate discussion.
black failure NOW is all the we should be discussing

But it should be clear now

black failure NOW is all the we should be discussing.

How do you discuss what is happening "now" without discussing recent history?

In the context of American history, America has been a country for well over 200 years.

The black population of this country has actually been legally "free" for about 60 years.

How do you discuss what is happening "now" without discussing recent history?
I think 55 years is long enough for black to work out their problems and make a positive impact

the koreans went from absolute poverty to success during the same period

Really? Why would they have been against legislation that contributed to them having the same legal rights as other citizens?
Ahhh so your parents left the party of the emancipation proclamation.. they didn’t want to support the party that wrote the civil rights act 60 years before it was passed.. interesting

I think 55 years is long enough for black to work out their problems and make a positive impact

the koreans went from absolute poverty to success during the same period
Many have. And they never experienced the effects of Jim Crow policies either.

Ahhh so your parents left the party of the emancipation proclamation.. they didn’t want to support the party that wrote the civil rights act 60 years before it was passed.. interesting

The emancipation proclamation was signed into effect in 1863.

What really changed after it was passed?

Jim Crow took effect after the Civil War and lasted for 100 years.

That was the reality that they lived and experienced.

They were astute enough to recognize that no American political party was concerned about them as citizens.

There is nothing unique or interesting about it.

It is just a fact.

The emancipation proclamation was signed into effect in 1863.

What really changed after it was passed?

Jim Crow took effect after the Civil War and lasted for 100 years.

That was the reality that they lived and experienced.

They were astute enough to recognize that no American political party was concerned about them as citizens.

There is nothing unique or interesting about it.

It is just a fact.
First female millionaire was a black woman that died in 1918.. if you go back and look at what blacks were doing after slavery it was extremely remarkable, they have some of the best schools but with little equipment, they were developing really nice neighborhoods. It wasn’t until 1933 did blacks turn on the Republican Party and start voting for welfare.. that destroyed the lives deal with it enjoy your demise.
They should’ve stayed voting Republican

Neither did most blacks today Any black person who was alive prior to 1965 experienced it to varying degrees.
Any black person who was living prior to 1965 experienced it to varying degrees depending on their geographical location.

And many who did are still living as of today.

Any black person who was living prior to 1965 experienced it to varying degrees depending on their geographical location.

And many who did are still living as of today.
It was implemented by Democrats Black people vote for Democrats.. We are running out of caring

First female millionaire was a black woman that died in 1918.. if you go back and look at what blacks were doing after slavery it was extremely remarkable, they have some of the best schools but with little equipment, they were developing really nice neighborhoods. It wasn’t until 1933 did blacks turn on the Republican Party and start voting for welfare.. that destroyed the lives deal with it enjoy your demise.
They should’ve stayed voting Republican
The first female millionaire, Madam C.J. Walker became a millionaire by marketing BLACK hair care products to BLACK women.

The BLACK community was responsible for her acquiring the wealth that she did.

The fact that she became a millionaire in a nation whose majority viewed her as less than equal or even human is more of a testament to her.

As far as my "demise", I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, I'm retired and I live quite well.

And that is because of the work that I did, not because of any political party in this country.

It was implemented by Democrats Black people vote for Democrats.. We are running out of caring
ROFLMAO! Who is WE?

Jim Crow was implemented in AMERICA and it existed to varying degrees in geographical regions all over AMERICA until 1965.

Your slavish political adoration and zealotry is no substitute for facts, especially for someone who actually experienced it.

Many have. And they never experienced the effects of Jim Crow policies either.
I guess you never heard of the Korean War

Koreans arrived in America without knowing English, many with nothing more than the clothes on their back

to say that blacks had it tougher is a misreading of history

I guess you never heard of the Korean War

Koreans arrived in America without knowing English, many with nothing more than the clothes on their back

to say that blacks had it tougher is a misreading of history
Your assumption is wrong.
My father as well as several uncles served in the military during the Korean War, and I personally know a number of Koreans, especially since one of the largest Korean populations is concentrated in Southern California.

When Koreans began arriving in America, even with no clothes and no command of the English language, they arrived voluntarily and had the freedom to return home if they desired.

As far as who had it "tougher", it is a matter of opinion based on personal experience.

When Koreans began arriving in America, even with no clothes and no command of the English language, they arrived voluntarily and had the freedom to return home if they desired.
The black people in America at that time were never slaves either

you along with most black people are glass half empty types

whereas koreans are of the glass half full persuasion

Forum List

Back