Wind Farm Seeks Permit to KILL GOLDEN EAGLES

Jon -

Please read and respond to posts #37 and #38.

from your link

How many birds are killed by wind farms each year?
No one knows for sure. Recent estimates of the number of birds killed by wind turbines ranges from a low of 100,000 birds/year to 440,000 birds/year (calculated by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service). If 20% of the nation’s electricity comes from wind power by 2030, ABC estimates that at least one million birds per year will be killed by wind turbines, probably significantly more.

they are a private non profit

and really have no say it what has been happening and is continuing to happen to

the birds

birds especially soaring birds will continue to get smoked by the turbines

because they enjoy the uplifts and drafts that allow them to remain airborne

in search of food

watch what this bird is doing

he is using the updrafts to stay afloat

i see it all the time out here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwVz5hdAMGU]Bird killed by green energy - YouTube[/ame]

the windmills act like magnets to these birds

Jon -

Ok, so if you haveread the material, you understand the wind industry has actually been very active and responsible in reducing bird deaths, and has been succesful in doing so.

You also understand that wind amounts to 0.003% of all human-caused bird deaths.

I think we're done.

Jon -

Ok, so if you haveread the material, you understand the wind industry has actually been very active and responsible in reducing bird deaths, and has been succesful in doing so.

You also understand that wind amounts to 0.003% of all human-caused bird deaths.

I think we're done.

they have not been successful

3 percent is a guess at best

and that is with the low number of current farms

the number will be much greater as the industry spreads

Jon -

Actually, they have been very successful - the rate of bird kills in Austria has dropped by around 1/3 in the past 10 years as new measures have been introduced.

Take off the political blinkers, do some research, and try thinking about it afresh then.

Jon -

Actually, they have been very successful - the rate of bird kills in Austria has dropped by around 1/3 in the past 10 years as new measures have been introduced.

Take off the political blinkers, do some research, and try thinking about it afresh then.

i have nothing against wind energy

however fact remains that the mills are a magnet for soaring birds

and the problem is both need to share the same areas

and it isnt going to get better

it bird strikes will increase as farms increase

Jon -

from your link

No one knows for sure. Recent estimates of the number of birds killed by wind turbines ranges from a low of 100,000 birds/year to 440,000 birds/year (calculated by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service). If 20% of the nation’s electricity comes from wind power by 2030, ABC estimates that at least one million birds per year will be killed by wind turbines, probably significantly more.

and really have no say it what has been happening and is continuing to happen to

the birds

in search of food

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwVz5hdAMGU]Bird killed by green energy - YouTube[/ame]

I hadn't considered the ability of these machines to move air but now I wonder what effect they have on local patterns of air movement and possible subsequent weather effects. What global effects might occur as these huge spreads of wind generators increase worldwide?

Jon -

Jesus wept, man, you really are completely beyond the reach of all possible rational thought, aren't you?

I have just explained to you twice,with links, HOW and WHY numbers of bird strikes are falling!

Is that really too hard for you to understand, or are you simply deaf, blind and dumb?

Jon -

Jesus wept, man, you really are completely beyond the reach of all possible rational thought, aren't you?

I have just explained to you twice,with links, HOW and WHY numbers of bird strikes are falling!

Is that really too hard for you to understand, or are you simply deaf, blind and dumb?

it is not my problem that you want to simply believe what

a couple of green energy non profits tell ya

fact is as more windmills go up more birds will be struck

the windmills attract the soaring birds

like eagles vultures and such

it is just the way it is

and if you are to partisan to admit that so be it

have a good day

i am off to work

stew in your own bs

Jon -

from your link

the birds

in search of food

I hadn't considered the ability of these machines to move air but now I wonder what effect they have on local patterns of air movement and possible subsequent weather effects. What global effects might occur as these huge spreads of wind generators increase worldwide?

yeah that is a possibility they do change the air patterns

that bird would not be there if the windmill was not there

as the video shows the bird is clearly using the updrafts to stay afloat

from your link

the birds

in search of food

Bird killed by green energy - YouTube

yeah that is a possibility they do change the air patterns

that bird would not be there if the windmill was not there

as the video shows the bird is clearly using the updrafts to stay afloat

Obviously was using the artificial air movement. On a road trip this past summer, we drove by Abilene and Sweetwater, TX. There's a HUGE wind power project out there, mile after mile of those giant wind generators, as far as the eye can see. I cannot imagine the avian carnage inflicted by that many machines, but I'd wager it is not "insignificant" by any stretch of the imagination.

Energy isn't created, it's simply transferred. The natural energy of the wind and the resultant weather patterns they affect are most definitely altered by these bombastic behemoth bastardizations of pretend science.

Energy isn't created, it's simply transferred. The natural energy of the wind and the resultant weather patterns they affect are most definitely altered by these bombastic behemoth bastardizations of pretend science.

Lovely alliteration there, friend.

You have to laugh, don't you?!

And no, people - wind mills patently do not influence local weather, any more so than buildings or bridges do.

You have to laugh, don't you?!

And no, people - wind mills patently do not influence local weather, any more so than buildings or bridges do.

When the natural course of things is deliberately altered, yes something does change.
Bridges and buildings are needed and are of benefit. Windmills are neither.

When the natural course of things is deliberately altered, yes something does change. Bridges and buildings are needed and are of benefit. Windmills are neither.

Since you're now claiming windmills are not a benefit, it's clear you don't possess the rationality necessary to have a discussion with the grownups. That statement was even dumber than your claim that a single dead bird will shut down the hydrocarbon industry. You're just making up crazy stuff now.

You have to be a major fruitloop to be on hate-crusade against wind power, but that's the denialists. Their cult requires it from the cultists, and none of them dares disobey and risk being banished from the cult. It's why I use my little story about denialists craving bird blood. Sure, it's crazy, but the point is that it's actually much _less_ crazy than the nonsense which the denialist cult acolytes are repeating.

That statement was even dumber than your claim that a single dead bird will shut down the hydrocarbon industry. You're just making up crazy stuff now.

True, but it is no dumber than his earlier claim that Caribou "thrive" in oil sands areas.

When the natural course of things is deliberately altered, yes something does change. Bridges and buildings are needed and are of benefit. Windmills are neither.

Since you're now claiming windmills are not a benefit, it's clear you don't possess the rationality necessary to have a discussion with the grownups. That statement was even dumber than your claim that a single dead bird will shut down the hydrocarbon industry. You're just making up crazy stuff now.

You have to be a major fruitloop to be on hate-crusade against wind power, but that's the denialists. Their cult requires it from the cultists, and none of them dares disobey and risk being banished from the cult. It's why I use my little story about denialists craving bird blood. Sure, it's crazy, but the point is that it's actually much _less_ crazy than the nonsense which the denialist cult acolytes are repeating.

I am simply addressing hate with hate. Fuck the hydrocarbon deniers.
Double standards, different rules, hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back