🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

WINNING - President Trump Just Named 13 More Judicial Nominees

It's weird how you want justices to mete out your version of the law, rather than have justices that are respected for being fair. America is broken in 2. How sad.
You mean like Sotomayor, who never sat the bench before the USSC, declared FEELINGS should impact decisions, and was nominated / appointed because she believes in legislating from the bench?!

:p
I agree, both sides are like that, it's a shame. I personally would want a Supreme to be known for being objective. Not someone who leans one way or the other.

Me too, the fact is that the SC has always been political; however, for the first time it has four and maybe five members who claim an ideology. Roberts maybe become a swing vote, since he seems at times to respect the assume responsibility of the Supreme Court.

IMO and I'm not alone, originalism [the judicial interpretation of the constitution that aims to follow closely the original intentions of those who drafted it] is foolish, the average high school graduate knows more about the world than anyone of the founding fathers.
But the FFs set in some basic concepts of fairness... Now it's all political, like you say. People want to stack the court to get their way. That's not the way it's supposed to go down with justice.
We don’t want pro gun control judges and pro Obamacare/single payer judges...

It's weird how you want justices to mete out your version of the law, rather than have justices that are respected for being fair. America is broken in 2. How sad.
Lol
There would be no trump if there was no Obama, you guys have made your bed. Now you have to sleep in it. Karma is a bitch
I'm a libertarian, not a dem. Having such a distasteful candidate like Hillary gave us Trump because it was still close. A more inspiring candidate than Hilderbeast would have beat The Combover King.
Conservatives had to put up with eight years of Obama… A living hell
Ya, I can't point to anything Obummer did and say, THAT WAS FANTASTIC!!!! :biggrin:
Obamacare bankrupted millions of conservatives...

We don’t want pro gun control judges and pro Obamacare/single payer judges...
Actually, they can be a gun-grabbing and commie as they want, as long as they stay withing the bounds of their role as the judiciary.

I have found, however, that gun-grabbing commies are incapable of keeping themselves in control when it comes to advancing their goose-stepping agenda. So, there's that.

Some dems said that they intend to pack the USSC when they get the opportunity. If the dems take control of the House, Senate, and Presidency, I have two questions:
1. Can the dems increase (aka pack) the number of USSC justices via simple majorities? Or would they need 60 votes in the Senate?
2. Could the GOP take the packing Law up to the USSC to let them decide on the Constitutionality? (bet it would be 9-0 against packing)

Lol
There would be no trump if there was no Obama, you guys have made your bed. Now you have to sleep in it. Karma is a bitch
I'm a libertarian, not a dem. Having such a distasteful candidate like Hillary gave us Trump because it was still close. A more inspiring candidate than Hilderbeast would have beat The Combover King.

Someone like Johnson, I suppose?

For the record, experience counts, and so does character. HRC was superior on both issues than either Trump or Johnson. In fact, former Sect. Rice would have been an ideal person for the top of the R ticket, and in either case the world would be a better place than it is today.

Some dems said that they intend to pack the USSC when they get the opportunity. If the dems take control of the House, Senate, and Presidency, I have two questions:
1. Can the dems increase (aka pack) the number of USSC justices via simple majorities? Or would they need 60 votes in the Senate?
2. Could the GOP take the packing Law up to the USSC to let them decide on the Constitutionality? (bet it would be 9-0 against packing)

Like impeachment court packing is a political issue. Not a legal one. If they have the political capital they can do it.
And yes the Democrats have already said they will do it if they ever get the chance. Their allies in the press have already begun printing stories about its desirability in order to clear the way for them.
Losing control of the judiciary is catastrophic for them. It’s where they go when the American people tell them no at the ballot box.

Analysis | Pack the Supreme Court? Why we may be getting closer.

Democrats must consider court-packing when they regain power. It’s the only way to save democracy.

Last edited:

Like impeachment court packing is a political issue. Not a legal one. If they have the political capital they can do it.
And yes the Democrats have already said they will do it if they ever get the chance. Their allies in the press have already begun printing stories about its desirability in order to clear the way for them.
Losing control of the judiciary is catastrophic for them. It’s where they go when the American people tell them no at the ballot box.

Analysis | Pack the Supreme Court? Why we may be getting closer.

Democrats must consider court-packing when they regain power. It’s the only way to save democracy.

Let's hope that the dems don't get control of all 3 for the foreseeable future... The Senate looks safe for at least 2-years. 2020 will be a battle like no other, for the House, Senate, and Presidency. Now the gerrymandering fight takes on new importance.

Lol

For the record, experience counts, and so does character. HRC was superior on both issues than either Trump or Johnson. In fact, former Sect. Rice would have been an ideal person for the top of the R ticket, and in either case the world would be a better place than it is today.
The GOP would NEVER have a black, woman and lesbian as their nominee. Never in a million years, lol. Not that she wouldn't be good...

Johnson said he'd bring all our troops home from all over the world. I agree with that. Not everything he ever said, but that's important to me.

Lol
Conservatives had to put up with eight years of Obama… A living hell
Ya, I can't point to anything Obummer did and say, THAT WAS FANTASTIC!!!! :biggrin:

Lose 1000 legislative seats for Dimms across the country during his tenure.

The president had well over 100 vacancies to fill along with judges retiring from the federal bench. He's doing a fantastic job of fulfilling his campaign promise of appointing judges who believe in upholding the law - not making it.

I hate the GOP, but they usually pick justices who know the distinction between the role of the legislature and that if the judiciary.

You are the biggest motherfuck hypocrite and you deserve nothing.
Stop it you are breaking my heart......Libby.

The GOP would NEVER have a black, woman and lesbian as their nominee. Never in a million years, lol. Not that she wouldn't be good..
Black + woman + lesbian?

The only thing the GOP would do is block the lesbian. That is my biggest beef with the GOP. The Jesus Nazis are turning away many good, limited-government voters because apparently, Jesus said.

Kick the Jesus Nazis to the curb and make freedom the focus.

The president had well over 100 vacancies to fill along with judges retiring from the federal bench. He's doing a fantastic job of fulfilling his campaign promise of appointing judges who believe in upholding the law - not making it.
That is reason enough to vote for the guy.

The GOP would NEVER have a black, woman and lesbian as their nominee. Never in a million years, lol. Not that she wouldn't be good..
Black + woman + lesbian?

The only thing the GOP would do is block the lesbian. That is my biggest beef with the GOP. The Jesus Nazis are turning away many good, limited-government voters because apparently, Jesus said.

Kick the Jesus Nazis to the curb and make freedom the focus.
I don't think they're ready for a coon to run their plantation either.

Lol

Lol
Na, not really

2d2052.jpg

Winning:
Tired
x Not Tired

Do y'all understand that the dems caved on these 15 lifetime appointments.

Because Schumer had filed cloture, McConnell could still get all of them
confirmed by Nov 1st, which is what he planned on doing. The Dems
surrendered and allowed the appointments in exchange for a recess
period so they could return home to campaign.

Forum List

Back