Wisconsin Democrats oppose intimidating ecoterrorists

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
After a long fight, Wisconsin finally streamlined rules to allow some new mining to be possible. Until recently new mining was a theoretical possibility but companies knew that even after years of trying to jump through regulatory hoops, any applications would probably be denied. Now it is a real possibility here.

When Gogebic Taconite opened a test site for iron mining in northern Wisconsin, ecoterrorists vandalized their equipment, threatened employees and allegedly put up roadblocks to stop police help from getting there.

Northern Wisconsin: Protests over proposed iron mine raises concerns of 'eco-terrorism' - TwinCities.com

Gogebic Taconite calling for help dealing with protesters - News - 95-5 WIFC Your #1 Hit Music Station - Wausau, WI

A Republican legislator introduced a measure to authorize the Dept of Nat'l Resources to restrict access to the site but that measure was scuttled.

Assembly removes iron mine provision from state budget | Wisconsin - WISN Home

This is part of the Democrat reaction to the situation:

Senate Democrat Bob Jauch, who represents the place where the mine would go, says Republicans are, “overreacting to the illegal actions of a few who haven’t been seen or heard from since.”

Well now the company has hired armed guards and Democrats are outraged.

Wisconsin lawmakers ask firm to remove armed guards from proposed mining site - TwinCities.com

:eusa_hand:

Dimwits hate it when companies and individuals defend themselves against radical idiots who want nothing more then to ruin our way of life. Dimwits defend stupid at every turn. IDIOTS!!!!!!

From the OP link:
Several photographs of armed guards dressed in military-style camouflage and combat gear, apparently working for the Arizona-based Bulletproof Securities Force, have appeared on anti-mining blogs in recent days.

Excellent. Word is getting out to the tree huggers not to fuck with this company.

Democrooks have no problem using these sociopaths to interfere with other people's prosperity. They also prevent ecoterrorists from ever being prosecuted.

Forum List

Back