With DADT's demise, law schools dropping military recruiter bans

How is DADT discrimination? Seriously? Here's a realistic scenario under DADT.

Question to straight soldier: "What did you do this weekend?"

Straight Soldier: I got head from the waitress down at BadaBing

Question to gay soldier: "What did you do this weekend?"

Gay Soldier: I picked out a new couch with my partner Brad.

Guess which scenario got a soldier discharged?

Since your scenario does not take place during RECRUITMENT, which is what the OP was about, your scenario would still not happen under DADT.
Why?
Because, Don't Ask Don't Tell, means exactly that!!!

MeBelle, you actually seem pretty reasonable to me (regardless of the adversarial tone the thread has taken among all posters).
So I'm a vet. Former intelligence service. Let me give you a scenario and you tell me what you think.
You're a Force Recon Marine in Afhganistan. This is a place where the women will keep you alive, while they cut you open and set your intestines on your chest, if you're caught by hostiles. You have a guy who speak Urdu and Arabic monitoring everything goin on via radio etc... in the area where you are doing your "walkabout". He has saved your ass several times already.
Do you REALLY give a sh1t what he does in his off time?
Are you going to be breathing a sigh of relief because now that you're more liable to be captured, at least there isn't one of THOSE in your platoon or division?

I know guys who have been rotated in-country six times and have been through that exact scenario. They were against gays in the military until it happened - and they realized that neither of them would have ever guessed the guy to be gay and frankly, as he was a major component in keeping their asses alive, they really didn't care.

Just a thought.
When he is thrown out and no you're walking around blind,

Personally I believe that most soldiers don't give a rat's butt if they serve with a gay man in combat. What they DO care about is working as a unit and covering each other's ass. I am also thinking that in combat, most don't have much 'off' time.
I don't believe DADT is discriminatory, it was merely a way for Clinton to kick the can down the road instead of deal with the issue!

How is DADT discrimination? Seriously? Here's a realistic scenario under DADT.

Question to straight soldier: "What did you do this weekend?"

Straight Soldier: I got head from the waitress down at BadaBing

Question to gay soldier: "What did you do this weekend?"

Gay Soldier: I picked out a new couch with my partner Brad.

Guess which scenario got a soldier discharged?

Since your scenario does not take place during RECRUITMENT, which is what the OP was about, your scenario would still not happen under DADT.
Why?
Because, Don't Ask Don't Tell, means exactly that!!!

You have a problem with gays being patriots and wanting to serve their country?

No. Show me where you could even think I have that 'problem'.

Forum List

Back