With only around 500 billionaires in the country

Well......you complained about wealth inequality. How do you suppose that inequality happens? It happens because we willingly trade our dollars in for products and services the wealthy provide. Ever watch those news broadcasts on Thanksgiving nights? There are people sleeping on the sidewalks, in the cold, in the snow to be the first through the doors of stores. They are begging the wealthy to take their money.

So why the increase in inequality? Because there are more things to buy today.

When I was a teen, there was no cable television. There were no cell phones. There were no VCR's or any other entertainment device. There was no internet.

You had your furniture, your television set and antenna, your stereo, and that was about it. Most families were one car families compared to today where every member that drives has one.

So we spend a lot more residual money than we did years ago, and the people that get that money are the wealthy. We are more than happy to give it to them. But when we do, we shouldn't complain about it either. Nobody forced us to give them our money.

There is more inequality because the working man makes the same as he did back then, but the rich are getting paid more. Ceos went from 40x the average worker to over 300x the average worker.

Stop spending and our economy will be even slower than now. We need wage increases for the middle class and more middle class jobs.

The middle-class jobs are there, it's just that Americans don't want them. You can lead a horse to water.........

CEO's are paid no different than any other contract job. That's because there are few of them that can actually run a company.

Do you complain about a pitcher that makes 10 million for a three year contract? How about an actor or actress that gets 15 million dollars to make just one movie? How about a rock or country band that charges $35.00 a ticket to see them in concert?

I started watching the show Big Bang Theory about a year ago. Since then I've been catching up on all their past episodes. I started to become interested in the cast of the show, so I looked them up.

Did you know that they (for some time) are getting paid over one million dollars each for just one show? That's less than 20 minutes of work when you remove the commercials. One million dollars for 20 minutes of work. Think about it.

Don''t get me wrong. I am not knocking actors, actresses, sports figures or musicians. They all deserve the money they get. But CEO's are in the same category. They are paid because their work produces great profits for their companies no different than the other people I mentioned make great profits for theirs. There is really no difference.

No great jobs aren't out there. If they were and going unfilled wages would go up.

Ceo pay is a racket. The board determines pay. The board consists of many current and former ceos. Other board members know if they give the big raises they will get on other boards. Nobody is getting paid by performance.

Sports and entertainments stars are getting paid by some ceo.

Nobody pays a person that isn't producing sufficient profit for the company.

If you make $20.00 per hour, it's only because your employer can make $30.00 or $40.00 an hour from your work. Nobody is going to pay you $20.00 per hour when you only produce $15.00 an hour of work.

Stockholders decide who is going to run a company. If stocks go down, then the company is in trouble, and nobody is going to keep a CEO that isn't keeping those stock prices up. If they do, the stockholders vote out the board members.

If a CEO has a long record of doubling profits for a company, you have two choices: hire that CEO and pay him the millions of dollars to do the same for your company, or don't pay him and your competition will.

In this conversation, I gave you my very own field of work to prove that there are thousands of jobs out there that Americans won't take. I even proved it to you by giving you the sites and places to find these listings, and yet you still want to tell yourself there are no good jobs out there. You are in denial.

I own many stocks, I'm not deciding what to pay ceos. That is what the board does. And the board is filled with ex ceos who are now giving back to the next group, current ceos who also want increases, board members who want to get on more boards.... Sorry it is not performance.

This Infuriating Graph Proves That CEO Pay-for-Performance Is a Sham

CEOs were paid 40x the average worker in the 70s, now it's like 300x. CEOs aren't performing that much better now, it is a rigged game.

You are in denial. If there were lots of great jobs going unfilled wages would be going up. They are stagnant, there is no significant number of great jobs going unfilled.

Here you go, and this is just from my area alone. Imagine how many other areas are just like this:

cleveland transportation - craigslist

No, you don't get to decide what a CEO makes, but you do vote on members of the board if you are a stockholder. If a CEO isn't doing his or her job, then stockholders start to pull their money out of the company.

There is more inequality because the working man makes the same as he did back then, but the rich are getting paid more. Ceos went from 40x the average worker to over 300x the average worker.

Stop spending and our economy will be even slower than now. We need wage increases for the middle class and more middle class jobs.

The middle-class jobs are there, it's just that Americans don't want them. You can lead a horse to water.........

CEO's are paid no different than any other contract job. That's because there are few of them that can actually run a company.

Do you complain about a pitcher that makes 10 million for a three year contract? How about an actor or actress that gets 15 million dollars to make just one movie? How about a rock or country band that charges $35.00 a ticket to see them in concert?

I started watching the show Big Bang Theory about a year ago. Since then I've been catching up on all their past episodes. I started to become interested in the cast of the show, so I looked them up.

Did you know that they (for some time) are getting paid over one million dollars each for just one show? That's less than 20 minutes of work when you remove the commercials. One million dollars for 20 minutes of work. Think about it.

Don''t get me wrong. I am not knocking actors, actresses, sports figures or musicians. They all deserve the money they get. But CEO's are in the same category. They are paid because their work produces great profits for their companies no different than the other people I mentioned make great profits for theirs. There is really no difference.

No great jobs aren't out there. If they were and going unfilled wages would go up.

Ceo pay is a racket. The board determines pay. The board consists of many current and former ceos. Other board members know if they give the big raises they will get on other boards. Nobody is getting paid by performance.

If you make $20.00 per hour, it's only because your employer can make $30.00 or $40.00 an hour from your work. Nobody is going to pay you $20.00 per hour when you only produce $15.00 an hour of work.

Stockholders decide who is going to run a company. If stocks go down, then the company is in trouble, and nobody is going to keep a CEO that isn't keeping those stock prices up. If they do, the stockholders vote out the board members.

If a CEO has a long record of doubling profits for a company, you have two choices: hire that CEO and pay him the millions of dollars to do the same for your company, or don't pay him and your competition will.

In this conversation, I gave you my very own field of work to prove that there are thousands of jobs out there that Americans won't take. I even proved it to you by giving you the sites and places to find these listings, and yet you still want to tell yourself there are no good jobs out there. You are in denial.

I own many stocks, I'm not deciding what to pay ceos. That is what the board does. And the board is filled with ex ceos who are now giving back to the next group, current ceos who also want increases, board members who want to get on more boards.... Sorry it is not performance.

CEOs were paid 40x the average worker in the 70s, now it's like 300x. CEOs aren't performing that much better now, it is a rigged game.

You are in denial. If there were lots of great jobs going unfilled wages would be going up. They are stagnant, there is no significant number of great jobs going unfilled.

Here you go, and this is just from my area alone. Imagine how many other areas are just like this:

No, you don't get to decide what a CEO makes, but you do vote on members of the board if you are a stockholder. If a CEO isn't doing his or her job, then stockholders start to pull their money out of the company.

Again, if there were lots of great paying jobs going unfilled wages would be going up. They are stagnant. Your tiny examples mean nothing on a country scale.

You seem to be in denial. Ceo pay is a rigged game. CEOs are on the boards giving each other raises. Don't be so naive.

Why are the expected to carry the weight of the other 300 million?
Well, I understand six of those billionaires have more money than 120 million of those other people.

"They can have the crumbs from my table."
I understand their wealth is important to you but I can't get past the part where it is THEIR FUCKING MONEY. Thereby making it NONE OF MY BUSINESS

Well, I understand six of those billionaires have more money than 120 million of those other people.

I understand their wealth is important to you but I can't get past the part where it is THEIR FUCKING MONEY. Thereby making it NONE OF MY BUSINESS

Do you care that rampant inequality has slowed down our economy? That is bad for everyone. Do you care that Waltons are rich on corporate welfare? That is our tax dollars so it is our business.

Do you care that rampant inequality has slowed down our economy? That is bad for everyone. Do you care that Waltons are rich on corporate welfare? That is our tax dollars so it is our business.
The welfare is your business just like the welfare the ghetto gets is mine. Their income is none of your fucking business. If planned Parenthood is allowed to section off their government money then so are billionaires

Hypocrite

Do you even understand what corporate welfare means? It means taking less of the Walton's money. I hardly call that welfare unless you're one of those that believe all money belongs to government first, and what they allow us to keep is a gift from them to us.

Again, if there were lots of great paying jobs going unfilled wages would be going up. They are stagnant. Your tiny examples mean nothing on a country scale.

You seem to be in denial. Ceo pay is a rigged game. CEOs are on the boards giving each other raises. Don't be so naive.

If that were the case the stockholders would be selling off which isn't happening. Obviously these CEO's are performing well. I watch my money in the market, do you? The companies I'm invested in wouldn't be able to get away with nonsense like overpaying CEO's who don't produce sufficient profit and growth.

As for rate of pay, it isn't going up. That's because of all these illegals taking our jobs working for less than we are willing to work for. The legal foreigners are doing the same. And my link (which I doubt you looked at) is only for my area. There are thousands of areas looking for people on CraigsList too, so don't tell me these are "tiny" examples. And that's just in MY field of work. There are others as well.

Sounds like a great plan to slow the economy. You must be joking.
The reverse is true, If we spent our money locally and did not consume so much monopolized energy and entertainment we would instead fuel an economic boom that can only be dreamed of by the middle class. The economy is much better served when wealth circulates among the middle rather than the top. Billionaires only buy so many houses, cars, appliances, trips, etc. After that they just throw it on the pile where it does not even do them any good.

That's what they do? I thought they invest it in their own businesses. I thought they invested it in the market where most of us have our retirement plans. I thought they created jobs and built buildings and streets for real estate development. I thought they donated a lot to charity here and abroad.

I guess not. I guess they just throw all that money in their ever growing pile.
Whatever benefit to the country at large that comes from their economic activities is entirely unintentional. The "job creators" chose that title for themselves and yet do not live up to it. You should hold them more responsible for the bad since you credit them for the good.

They didn't choose Job Creator as a title. It happens to be one of the things that take place when you have a business.

People don't open up businesses to give you a job; to make sure you and your family are provided for. People open up businesses to sell things and to make profit. They have no social obligation to you or anybody else. If you think that they do, then open up your own business and see how long you stay open with the premise that you need to provide people with good paying jobs and benefits.

Oh and BTW, good luck with that and tell us how it turns out.
Yes it is clear that capitalists are in it for themselves so don't try to claim that they are an overall benefit to society. They have tremendous control over our economy and politics and should be harshly criticized for the damage they cause, rushing to their defense only marks you for a toady.

Just because capitalists (business owners, investors, etc.) operate in their own best interest doesn't mean that no social benefit is derived from their labor.
Just because you adamantly refuse to see those benefits does not mean they don't exist ... it just means you are an idiot (and I mean that with all due respect).

Well, I understand six of those billionaires have more money than 120 million of those other people. "They can have the crumbs from my table."
Is that what it should go by, how much they are worth? Should we not all be looked upon by our government as equal?

With an equal right to pursue our personal best interest (as we see it) to the best of our ability without undue restriction or meddling by our gov't or whiny, sniveling losers.

Do you even understand what corporate welfare means? It means taking less of the Walton's money. I hardly call that welfare unless you're one of those that believe all money belongs to government first, and what they allow us to keep is a gift from them to us.

It means many different things. In this case it means the waltons pay so little that employees collect welfare. That increases government dependence while the waltons make billions not working. This increases the size of government.

The welfare is your business just like the welfare the ghetto gets is mine. Their income is none of your fucking business. If planned Parenthood is allowed to section off their government money then so are billionaires

Hypocrite

What do I care about planned parenthood?

Out of control inequality has slowed the economy and increased government dependence. All of us should have a problem with that.

If that were the case the stockholders would be selling off which isn't happening. Obviously these CEO's are performing well. I watch my money in the market, do you? The companies I'm invested in wouldn't be able to get away with nonsense like overpaying CEO's who don't produce sufficient profit and growth.

As for rate of pay, it isn't going up. That's because of all these illegals taking our jobs working for less than we are willing to work for. The legal foreigners are doing the same. And my link (which I doubt you looked at) is only for my area. There are thousands of areas looking for people on CraigsList too, so don't tell me these are "tiny" examples. And that's just in MY field of work. There are others as well.

It is not only true, but obviously true. People watch the value go up and down. Most don't do much more than that. And since every company does the same you have no other option if you want stocks. You are really kidding yourself if you think your CEO's won't one day have problems, they probably are now and you just don't know it yet.

Yes they are tiny examples. Because as you should know if good jobs were going unfilled wages would be increasing. They are stagnant.

It means many different things. In this case it means the waltons pay so little that employees collect welfare. That increases government dependence while the waltons make billions not working. This increases the size of government.

Then the solution is to decrease the size of government and goodies--not blame the Walton's. If we did that, people would strive to better themselves such as learning a career, getting into a trade, getting a higher education and so on.

If you don't possess the intelligence to get a living wage job, and government comes along and fills in the gaps, what's the motivation to try harder? Just work at Walmart the rest of your life mopping floors.

It is not only true, but obviously true. People watch the value go up and down. Most don't do much more than that. And since every company does the same you have no other option if you want stocks. You are really kidding yourself if you think your CEO's won't one day have problems, they probably are now and you just don't know it yet.

Yes they are tiny examples. Because as you should know if good jobs were going unfilled wages would be increasing. They are stagnant.

Not if you can import foreigners to do the jobs. That's my point. Close down that border to all, and yes, then those wages will increase. And no, thousands of jobs are not "tiny" examples.

Then the solution is to decrease the size of government and goodies--not blame the Walton's. If we did that, people would strive to better themselves such as learning a career, getting into a trade, getting a higher education and so on.

If you don't possess the intelligence to get a living wage job, and government comes along and fills in the gaps, what's the motivation to try harder? Just work at Walmart the rest of your life mopping floors.

That sounds nice and all, but if that was going to work we would be there now. Unfortunately what happens is people get pissed when welfare gets cut and they can't find a good job. Because if there were great jobs waiting to be filled wages would go up. Since they aren't these jobs simply don't exist and people can't find better jobs that don't exist. Then they vote in somebody who will bring the welfare back. What we need to do is change our corporate tax structure. We need to give tax breaks for companies who pay well and give good benefits. That is really the best thing corporations can do for government. If the company takes care of their workers than government doesn't have to. So if a company pays well and gives good benefits they can pay zero taxes. If a company pays little with no benefits while the owners make billions, then that company can expect to pay high taxes.

Not if you can import foreigners to do the jobs. That's my point. Close down that border to all, and yes, then those wages will increase. And no, thousands of jobs are not "tiny" examples.

I agree with closing the border, but it's not enough. That doesn't stop jobs from being shipped to china. And yes those are tiny examples, if there were a significant number wages wouldn't be stagnant.

That sounds nice and all, but if that was going to work we would be there now. Unfortunately what happens is people get pissed when welfare gets cut and they can't find a good job. Because if there were great jobs waiting to be filled wages would go up. Since they aren't these jobs simply don't exist and people can't find better jobs that don't exist. Then they vote in somebody who will bring the welfare back. What we need to do is change our corporate tax structure. We need to give tax breaks for companies who pay well and give good benefits. That is really the best thing corporations can do for government. If the company takes care of their workers than government doesn't have to. So if a company pays well and gives good benefits they can pay zero taxes. If a company pays little with no benefits while the owners make billions, then that company can expect to pay high taxes.

The companies are not going to pay great wages because you and I won't buy their products or services. We will buy cheap foreign products as we've been for the last couple of decades.

Why do you think Walmart is number one in the first place? Because they do pay their entry level employees minimum wage. They do skip benefits. They do sell us products at the cheapest possible price.

There are good jobs to be filled. I can't do much more than show you in black and white. I posted the links. Call the jobs for yourself and act like a serious job seeker. Some jobs start low, but once you get the experience, the world is yours. But since you won't, these employers will look towards foreigners to fill those jobs.

The companies are not going to pay great wages because you and I won't buy their products or services. We will buy cheap foreign products as we've been for the last couple of decades.

Why do you think Walmart is number one in the first place? Because they do pay their entry level employees minimum wage. They do skip benefits. They do sell us products at the cheapest possible price.

There are good jobs to be filled. I can't do much more than show you in black and white. I posted the links. Call the jobs for yourself and act like a serious job seeker. Some jobs start low, but once you get the experience, the world is yours. But since you won't, these employers will look towards foreigners to fill those jobs.

They will pay more if that is the only way they can get a tax break. Not sure why you can't see that. The companies that pay well and take the tax breaks would also get the best people. And this way the money is going straight to employees rather than collected in taxes and then filtered through as welfare.

Yes you gave a tiny little example. So what? If there were a significant number of those wages would be increasing. Do you not understand economics?

Forum List

Back