🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

With the 4th largest proven oil reserves what is Iran's need for "peaceful purposes" nuclear program

al qaeda and ISIS are American creations. Iran despises them. Next...

"Nuts!" to quote a famous American military commander

Facts matter

Iran despises al Qaeda and ISIS. They warned us not to intervene in Syria. ISIS was created by American, Saudi, and British Intelligence. It was created to kill Assad. Now Iran is forced to clean up our awful mess.

This has bridged into conspiracy territory.

This thread does NOT belong in the politics forum

Iran and Russia are currently trying to clean up our disaster in Syria. There would be no ISIS without U.S./Saudi/British intervention. They wanted Assad dead. Now everyone's paying the bloody price for that misadventure.

As if Iran and Russia do not have their own issues to clean up closer to home.

still making absolutely no sense, except when you go back to your conspiracy theories

israel routinely attacks those 'enemies'
how often does the opposite happen?

Israel retaliates against attacks made in their country. Suicide bombers, mortars and rockets. Israel has had to deal with them all. Of course they retaliate. We would too.
when is the last time a foreign nation attacked israel?

However, there have been virtually non-stop rocket attacks on Israel by proxies of Iran and Syria for decades.

Yep. You might want to pass that on to idiot Og something or other. LOL
Prior to the sanctions, Iran was funding terrorists. And yet Israel was not wiped off the map.

Iran has a buttload of nuclear weapons program downsizing to do before the sanctions are lifted. I listed them from the agreement earlier in this topic.

So if the sanctions are lifted, it will mean Iran has drastically reduced its nuclear weapons program. But you never hear this from the fearmongerers who pour your piss for you. They imply the sanctions will be lifted on Adoption Day. And that is a lie.

If Iran downsizes their nuclear weapons program enough to have the sanctions eased/lifted, and then starts ramping up its attacks on Israel by way of Hezbollah, we can impose/re-impose state-sponsor-of-terror sanctions unrelated to the nuclear agreement.

Well that's all fine and dandy as long as Iran abides by the agreement.

Here's hoping they do but I certainly have big doubts.

al qaeda and ISIS are American creations. Iran despises them. Next...

"Nuts!" to quote a famous American military commander

Facts matter

Iran despises al Qaeda and ISIS. They warned us not to intervene in Syria. ISIS was created by American, Saudi, and British Intelligence. It was created to kill Assad. Now Iran is forced to clean up our awful mess.

This has bridged into conspiracy territory.

This thread does NOT belong in the politics forum

OK then explain why Obama except for his "political legacy" is there a need for Iran to use uranium to build nuclear utilities when Iran as the world's largest reserves of natural gas and 4th largest oil...AND they inefficiently waste 18% of electricity they produce?
Why does Obama want Iran to have uranium ? Any other explanation???

Obama 'wants' Iran to have uranium? That's a new one. :rofl:

Again, a conspiracy...

Obama wants the deal to go through damn the issues!
Obama is so f...king dumb he probably thinks "thorium" is a cereal for Thor!
Again... the major point is why does Iran with the largest natural gas reserves 330 years at current production want nuclear power plants
fueled by uranium when not only are utility plants powered by gas 5 times cheaper then nuclear BUT why use uranium which ALSo is used
for weapons when thorium is a lot safer and NOT be weaponized.

Why does Israel have Nukes? Seems to be a pretty big double standard going on. Several nations have Nuclear Weapons. Why not Iran? You have to see how Iran sees this.

I could give a shit how Iran see's anything.

The point you miss is that Iran would launch an attack against us if they thought they could get away with it. The mullahs are religious zealots and bat shit crazy to boot.

Israel has nukes but hasn't used them. Israel is a tiny country surrounded by enemies. If not for their nukes I'm sure they would have been attacked again by the Arabs.

Israel retaliates against attacks made in their country. Suicide bombers, mortars and rockets. Israel has had to deal with them all. Of course they retaliate. We would too.

Over 1,147 rockets were fired at Israel between November 14 and 20
In October, according to the Israel Security Agency's monthly summary,
Palestinians fired 116 rockets and 55 mortar shells at Israel in 92 separate attacks.
In September, according to the Israel Security Agency's monthly summary,
Palestinians fired 17 rockets and 8 mortar shells at Israel in 25 separate attacks.
In August, according to the Israel Security Agency's monthly summary, Palestinians fired 21 rockets and 3 mortar shells at Israel in 16 separate attacks
In just 4 months 154 rockets, 66 mortar attacks...
List of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can google the rest for yourself
Israel has not been attacked by another nation since 1973.

[Based on Iran's consumption per year of 3.6 trillion cubic feet Iran has 330 years of natural gas.
Which is exactly why they are a big exporter. If they don't use it, they can sell it.

So tell me again why with the 4th largest oil and the largest gas is Iran needing nuclear utilities.

Okay. The less oil and gas they burn, the more they can sell to other countries. For money.

I thought I used the smallest words possible, so even you could understand.

Let me know which words you do not understand.
Then why don't they use "Thorium" if it is more efficient but ONLY drawback is it can't be used for bombs?
Is that simple enough for you???
Here get some nuclear education...
Thorium Power Is the Safer Future of Nuclear Energy

I used to work in the nuclear power field. There is nothing you can teach me, dumbass.

And you once again demonstrate you have not read the agreement.

One of the terms of the agreement is for Fordow to be converted to peaceful nuclear power use.
Why do you still continue to argue with it?

The point you miss is that Iran would launch an attack against us if they thought they could get away with it. The mullahs are religious zealots and bat shit crazy to boot.

Israel has nukes but hasn't used them. Israel is a tiny country surrounded by enemies. If not for their nukes I'm sure they would have been attacked again by the Arabs.

Palestinians fired 116 rockets and 55 mortar shells at Israel in 92 separate attacks.
Palestinians fired 17 rockets and 8 mortar shells at Israel in 25 separate attacks.
In August, according to the Israel Security Agency's monthly summary, Palestinians fired 21 rockets and 3 mortar shells at Israel in 16 separate attacks
List of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel has not been attacked by another nation since 1973.

Well the terrorists think they are a nation and have attacked Israel many, many times and will continue to do so.

From the Iran agreement to which I earlier linked:

5. Based on its long-term plan, for 15 years, Iran will carry out its uranium enrichment-related activities, including safeguarded R&D exclusively in the Natanz Enrichment facility, keep its level of uranium enrichment at up to 3.67%, and, at Fordow, refrain from any uranium enrichment and uranium enrichment R&D and from keeping any nuclear material.

6. Iran will convert the Fordow facility into a nuclear, physics and technology centre. International collaboration including in the form of scientific joint partnerships will be established in agreed areas of research. 1044 IR-1 centrifuges in six cascades will remain in one wing at Fordow. Two of these cascades will spin without uranium and will be transitioned, including through appropriate infrastructure modification, for stable isotope production. The other four cascades with all associated infrastructure will remain idle. All other centrifuges and enrichment-related infrastructure will be removed and stored under IAEA continuous monitoring as specified in Annex I.

10. Iran will not produce or test natural uranium pellets, fuel pins or fuel assemblies, which are specifically designed for the support of the originally designed Arak reactor, designated by the IAEA as IR-40. Iran will store under IAEA continuous monitoring all existing natural uranium pellets and IR-40 fuel assemblies until the modernised Arak reactor becomes operational, at which point these natural uranium pellets and IR-40 fuel assemblies will be converted to UNH, or exchanged with an equivalent quantity of natural uranium. Iran will make the necessary technical modifications to the natural uranium fuel production process line that was intended to supply fuel for the IR-40 reactor design, such that it can be used for the fabrication of the fuel reloads for the modernised Arak reactor.

11. All spent fuel from the redesigned Arak reactor, regardless of its origin, for the lifetime of the reactor, will be shipped out of Iran to a mutually determined location in E3/EU+3 countries or third countries, for further treatment or disposition as provided for in relevant contracts to be concluded, consistent with national laws, with the recipient party, within one year from the unloading from the reactor or whenever deemed to be safe for transfer by the recipient country.

12. Iran will submit the DIQ of the redesigned reactor to the IAEA which will include information on the planned radio-isotope production and reactor operation programme. The reactor will be operated under IAEA monitoring.

13. Iran will operate the Fuel Manufacturing Plant only to produce fuel assemblies for light water reactors and reloads for the modernized Arak reactor.

But why uranium? NOT one of us that are against this deal would have a problem if they were going to develop thorium a non weaponize nuclear fuel so why if "peaceful purposes" are they not willing to use thorium?

Again... the major point is why does Iran with the largest natural gas reserves 330 years at current production want nuclear power plants fueled by uranium when not only are utility plants powered by gas 5 times cheaper then nuclear BUT why use uranium which ALSo is used for weapons when thorium is a lot safer and NOT be weaponized.

You can't figure this one out on your own?

Hmm...

[Based on Iran's consumption per year of 3.6 trillion cubic feet Iran has 330 years of natural gas.
Which is exactly why they are a big exporter. If they don't use it, they can sell it.

So tell me again why with the 4th largest oil and the largest gas is Iran needing nuclear utilities.

Okay. The less oil and gas they burn, the more they can sell to other countries. For money.

I thought I used the smallest words possible, so even you could understand.

Let me know which words you do not understand.
Then why don't they use "Thorium" if it is more efficient but ONLY drawback is it can't be used for bombs?
Is that simple enough for you???
Here get some nuclear education...

I used to work in the nuclear power field. There is nothing you can teach me, dumbass.

And you once again demonstrate you have not read the agreement.

One of the terms of the agreement is for Fordow to be converted to peaceful nuclear power use.
Why do you still continue to argue with it?

Then why is uranium being used by Iran mr nuclear expert???
Also why is there a desire for "nuclear research" Iran has the largest gas supply in the world and gas powered plants are 5 times less expensive
then nuclear?
NO the primary reason is uranium can be weaponized which is the ONLY reason.

But why uranium?

OMFG! "Why uranium?"

wtf not?
AGAIN...
Cheap Natural Gas Unplugs U.S. Nuclear-Power Revival
The U.S. nuclear industry seemed to be staging a comeback several years ago, with 15 power companies proposing as many as 29 new reactors. Today, only two projects are moving off the drawing board.

What killed the revival wasn't last year's nuclear accident in Japan, nor was it a soft economy that dented demand for electricity. Rather, a shale-gas boom flooded the U.S. market with cheap natural gas, offering utilities a cheaper, less risky alternative to nuclear technology.
It's killed off new coal and now it's killing off new nuclear," says David Crane, chief executive of NRG Energy Inc., a power-generation company based in Princeton, N.J. "Gas has come along at just the right time to upset everything."

Across the country, utilities are turning to natural gas to generate electricity, with 258 plants expected to be built from 2011 through 2015, federal statistics indicate.
Not only are gas-fired plants faster to build than reactors, they are much less expensive.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration says it costs about $978 per kilowatt of capacity to build and fuel a big gas-fired power plant, compared with $5,339 per kilowatt for a nuclear plant.
Cheap Natural Gas Unplugs U.S. Nuclear-Power Revival

So why does Iran with the world's largest supply of natural gas where it cost less then $1,000/kwh for gas when it costs
5 times that for nuclear?
AGAIN why then are they spending money for "nuclear" peaceful"????? Uranium is used for weapons!roc

WHY not "Thorium"???
Conventional nuclear power using a fuel cycle involving uranium-235 and/or plutonium-239 was seen as killing two birds with one stone: reducing America’s dependence on foreign oil, and creating the fuel needed for nuclear bombs. Thorium power, on the other hand, didn’t have military potential. And by decreasing the need for conventional nuclear power, a potentially successful thorium program would have actually been seen as threatening to U.S. interests in the Cold War environment.

Using oil for electricity generation is as bad as coal. They could be looking for a green alternative to oil based electric generation. Something less polluting. Sure! If you believe that, I have a bridge, one owner, (see Avi for photo of bridge) for sale, cheap! It has four lanes and a gorgeous park on the east end.

We, along with many other powers entered into negotiations brought about by sanctions. These very sanctions were designed to bring Iran to a negotiating table. It all worked out.

Your issue is with the deal. And it appears your issue is one of personalities over principles.

Why does Israel have Nukes? Seems to be a pretty big double standard going on. Several nations have Nuclear Weapons. Why not Iran? You have to see how Iran sees this.

That's what happens when you invade someone's homeland and terrorize their people. They fight back,

just as the Palestinians are doing.

What purpose is Iran's nuclear program?

Under the deal, Iran will maintain the ability to enrich uranium but only for peaceful purposes.
Iran’s Nuclear Program - Bloomberg QuickTake

IRAN has the world's largest
proven oil reserves: 154.58B. Total oil supply in 2012 (thousand barrels per day): 3,538.4M
International sanctions have drastically impacted Iran’s energy sector – the country’s oil production fell dramatically in 2012, from over 35 million barrels per day in 2011 to just over 3.5 million bpd in 2012.

Top 10 Countries With The World’s Biggest Oil Reserves | GEAB

while oil and hydroelectricity accounted for 42 and 2 percent respectively.
It is estimated that some 18.5 percent of electricity generated in Iran are wasted before it reaches consumers due to technical problems.
Energy in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So a simple mind like mine asks a simple question:
1) why is there ANY need for nuclear research for "peaceful purposes" if Iran as the 4th largest proven oil reserves.
2) Why is there any need to spend $100 billions on nuclear research when 18.5% of their electricity generated is wasted before it reaches consumers?

To me a simple minded person the only answer is : Nuclear weapons!

You smarter people on this forum then me explain why there is a need for "Peaceful purposes"
to do nuclear research from a country that wastes 18% of it's electricity and has 4th largest oil reserves?

Has any of the brilliant Obama intelligentsia answered that question?

Again my conclusion is nuclear weapons!
Why do you think any country should answer to you? After all, the US invaded a country under Republicans for no apparent reason. And an unstable Middle East is the price.

But we are getting ready to release to a declared TERRORIST STATE.. IRAN $100 billion with which these known terrorist funding country
will use to develop nuclear weapons. And you don't think that is a concern?
They can't. Not for at least 10 years. Unless Republicans manage to free them from their binding treaty. Then they can continue unhindered and without sanctions.

That's what happens when you invade someone's homeland and terrorize their people. They fight back,

just as the Palestinians are doing.
regardless, because the finger pointing on that can go and has gone back and forth forever, there were no rockets launched from iraq. there were no rockets launced from syria's supposed nuclear site. israel attacked those with impunity. but then israel has nuclear weapons.

Forum List

Back